• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Sword & Shield: Version Exclusives

Has it been confirmed that Turtonator, Drampa, Sableye, Mawile, the Gothita line, the Solosis line, the Rufflet line, and the Vullaby line are version exclusive? While it's likely that they are, there's no guarantees.

On that note, I don't think those will be the only version exclusives. I mean, we haven't seen a lot of the new Pokemon.

Has it been confirmed that Turtonator, Drampa, Sableye, Mawile, the Gothita line, the Solosis line, the Rufflet line, and the Vullaby line are version exclusive? While it's likely that they are, there's no guarantees.

On that note, I don't think those will be the only version exclusives. I mean, we haven't seen a lot of the new Pokemon.
They aren't. Being on a download card does not mean that they are version exclusive. If they are, then that means that Wooloo and Eldegoss are exclusive to Sword and Yamper and Alcremie are exclusive to Shield.

Obviously not. That'd be the smallest amount of version exclusives we have ever gotten in a main series game, even in RGBY and LGPE.
Actually, GS, RS, BW and SM only had 10, 13, 17 and 15 pairs, respectively. SwSh already have 16 if this list is accurate, so I wouldn't expect a lot more (but certainly some new Pokemon).

id imagine arcanine (L) and ninetails (R) will be exclusive too like in past games. i bet there are more too we just dont know about yet.

Actually, GS, RS, BW and SM only had 10, 13, 17 and 15 pairs, respectively. SwSh already have 16 if this list is accurate, so I wouldn't expect a lot more (but certainly some new Pokemon).
I count 9 (total 18) evolution families for each for swsh so far, for a total of 28 exclusives.

Buuut looks like SM also had the same exact number, discounting box legends
Still doubt this is it though

Huh. Mawile is exclusive to Sword? That's tough, first exclusive that Sword has that looks better than its counterpart. Never did like Sableye much.

Last edited:
They aren't. Being on a download card does not mean that they are version exclusive. If they are, then that means that Wooloo and Eldegoss are exclusive to Sword and Yamper and Alcremie are exclusive to Shield.
I think the reason those Pokémon are considered version exclusives is because all the Pokémon features in the card have been exclusives in the past, so it seem logical to conclude them exclusive here.

I think the reason those Pokémon are considered version exclusives is because all the Pokémon features in the card have been exclusives in the past, so it seem logical to conclude them exclusive here.
They don't have to be. Gothita and Solosis were found in both versions in XY (and not even in the same locations as each other).

I may have broken the curse of sticking with the cool color coded version, but apparently in exchange I have to continue the curse of never getting to use a Braviary in my game. I just wanna name the eagle pokemon after my late dad, Gamefreak. He loved eagles. And native american culture (his grandma was a full blooded cherokee and he was very proud of that, which are some of the few things I remember most about him). Why you gotta do me like this. I still ain't gonna pay for your stupid online junk. You can't break me.

I do however love the version exclusives I'm getting. Ehh on Solosis line, but I'll be using a psychic pony anyway so he don't matter.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom