• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon SwSh Datamine (Story Version) (SPOILER WARNING).

View attachment 127903
I don't remember if anyone posted pictures of these two or not, but...

That hair

These two must be the post-game antagonists, right? With the Ball Guy and these two, they seem to be having fun with some ridiculous character designs this gen.

Surely there was a more grounded way to do "sword hair"

They're more outrageous than the Centauri for crying out loud

I don't know how reliable this report is, but according to someone who managed to amass a ton of replies on /vp/ last night, Rose's reason for awakening Eternatus is that Galar might run out of energy in 1000 years.

If true and there isn't more to it, it could very well be the stupidest motivation yet. At least Lysandre was worried about the present.

Team Aqua and Team Magma say hi.
ORAS fixed that, at least; it clarified Aqua wanted more water to wash away human infrastructure and let wildlife reclaim the land, while Magma wanted more land to expand human infrastructure. Lysandre's theory was sound, but the fact that what he actually did was purely antithetical to his motives is what made him dumb. But if the /vp/ guy isn't bullshitting, then that might just be the dumbest writing in the entire franchise unless they play it up as him being absolutely insane. I almost want to see the thread for myself, the reactions must be comedy gold lmao

ORAS fixed that, at least; it clarified Aqua wanted more water to wash away human infrastructure and let wildlife reclaim the land, while Magma wanted more land to expand human infrastructure. Lysandre's theory was sound, but the fact that what he actually did was purely antithetical to his motives is what made him dumb. But if the /vp/ guy isn't bullshitting, then that might just be the dumbest writing in the entire franchise unless they play it up as him being absolutely insane. I almost want to see the thread for myself, the reactions must be comedy gold lmao
What about the "we didn't know we were destroying the Earth" thing that was not corrected in ORAS?

I mean it kinda depends on what Eternatus's deal is and what the relative downsides of awakening it are, or rather what Rose believes they are. Context.

That said, I don't think you can actually get more byzantine than "I was suddenly teleported to another world, and so I deduced that my mission in life should be to supplant the multiverse by subtly manipulating a mafia don and having him jump from world to world to convince people to release their Pokémon so that I can claim them all for myself and rule all worlds."

I mean, I love Ghetsis and all but yeah

What about the "we didn't know we were destroying the Earth" thing that was not corrected in ORAS?

What are you referring to? In fairness, if it's the summoning of Kyogre/Groudon, then Archie/Maxie do say that they ran simulations on what their powers would do, and those just turned out to be wrong.

But if you mean the whole Delta Episode bit with Matt/Courtney where they explicitly try to blow up the planet just because you convinced Archie/Maxie to turn their lives around...

Last edited:
What are you referring to? In fairness, if it's the summoning of Kyogre/Groudon, then Archie/Maxie do say that they ran simulations on what their powers would do, and those just turned out to be wrong.
Still, what did they expect when they were summoning something that makes rain/droughts non-stop???

Still, what did they expect when they were summoning something that makes rain/droughts non-stop???

You say "non-stop" but they were under the impression that the Orbs could control the titans

Again, they turned out to be wrong, but they did have some grounds for thinking that what they were getting was just an amplified Sunny Day/Rain Dance that they could bend to their will

I almost want to see the thread for myself, the reactions must be comedy gold lmao
It's been archived and I don't know how to revive it. Most of the posts were about other things, but yes, they had some fun with that tidbit.

Edit: I've found the thread (not an easy task). It turns out that this is the person who leaked the recent batch of Gigantamax forms as well as the screenshot with the weird twins, so unless someone pretended to be him later in the thread, the plot information seems reliable. Here is the exact quote:

she (oleana) tries to stop you from interrupting meeting between leon and chairman

corrupt league staff helps her

chairman rose wants to wake eternatus to prevent galar running out of energy in 1000 years

leon says it can wait extra day

chairman rose disagrees and interrupts championship match

story battles against oleana and rose
The thread number is 40810212 if you want to read the replies, but it's a long read.

Last edited:
See, if the 1000 years quote is correct, it’s really dumb. The idea of wanting more energy to support Dynamax and popularity of battles, so that he keeps making money, is fine by me (and the game apparently shows what could happen without it with Piers’ city, which I heart Rose used as an example), but if there’s not a direct threat Right now, what’s the point, you’d be dead by at least 930 years!

I hope it’s not AS dumb as it looks like, sigh.

See, if the 1000 years quote is correct, it’s really dumb. The idea of wanting more energy to support Dynamax and popularity of battles, so that he keeps making money, is fine by me (and the game apparently shows what could happen without it with Piers’ city, which I heart Rose used as an example), but if there’s not a direct threat Right now, what’s the point, you’d be dead by at least 930 years!

I hope it’s not AS dumb as it looks like, sigh.
There's also the fact that we don't have the whole context of the story.

Of course. I’m basing my premise if that is really as bad as it looks. I do seriously hope it makes more sense then what that phrase suggests.
I hope so. With one out-of-context sentence you can make anything look bad. That would be like saying the Aether plot is only based on Lusamine's addiction to meth Nihilego.

tbf I might be dead before climate change really starts to bite us in the ass but I'd still like to do something about it for the sake of the people and animals who will still be alive by then. Sometimes benefiting yourself isn't really the point of doing something. Not that I think Rose is that altruistic of course. Maybe he's worried about his legacy or something.

I hope so. With one out-of-context sentence you can make anything look bad. That would be like saying the Aether plot is only based on Lusamine's addiction to meth Nihilego.

Totally is though. Ain't Rock/Poison for nothin' :cool:

tbf I might be dead before climate change really starts to bite us in the ass but I'd still like to do something about it for the sake of the people and animals who will still be alive by then. Sometimes benefiting yourself isn't really the point of doing something. Not that I think Rose is that altruistic of course. Maybe he's worried about his legacy or something.

Totally is though. Ain't Rock/Poison for nothin' :cool:
I can understand your point, or even the 1000 years bits, if the lack of dynamax energy would lead to some/big problems for Galar, in terms of environment or such, and not simply a possibly lost of interest towards battles. That's what Rose fear, in relations of him losing money.

But yeah, we should wait and see what exactly happens.

As someone that lives in Costa Rica, the climate change is already biting our asses considering that's the reason the golden toad went extinct. Heck, it happened so quick (ten years), that the person that discovered it witnessed the extinction!

As someone that lives in Costa Rica, the climate change is already biting our asses considering that's the reason the golden toad went extinct. Heck, it happened so quick (ten years), that the person that discovered it witnessed the extinction!

There's not a sad react option so have Lapras, both as a signal of shock and an emblem of conservation efforts

More properly: :cry:

Back
Top Bottom