• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon SwSh Datamine (Story Version) (SPOILER WARNING).

Could someone with better control+F skills and some time summarise the plot? If that’s too much (which it is...), why is Beedrill disqualified and how does he interrupt the tournament?

Could someone with better control+F skills and some time summarise the plot? If that’s too much (which it is...), why is Beedrill disqualified and how does he interrupt the tournament?

Bede is disqualified because circa the fourth Badge he borrows Rose’s Copperajah to bust through a historical mural, seeking Wishing Stars embedded in the rock.

You know, the problem with Chairman Rose's plan is you just don't feel any urgency or anything. If it was like less than 100 years, it would be more of a concern that Dynamax energy is running out.

Well, Leon specifically calls him out on that, so I feel like that’s intended. If you ask me, the problem is more that Rose himself is just so... dimensionless. What’s his motive? Most Pokémon villains’ plans amount to inscrutable monuments to extremism, but this is usually mitigated by them having a reasonably clearly-communicated drive that allows you to sympathize with them at least somewhat. But why does Rose believe this is his “purpose” and his “destiny”? Why does he insist on awakening Eternatus on this specific date? He doesn’t even seem to be doing it for the sake of his own legacy and the legacy of his League like I thought he might. He’s just a generic futurist worried about something vaguely environmental. I’d be more willing to bite if we had any real read on the guy.

Last edited:
I think that deep down he just wants to create a ridiculously big event that shows how awesome he and Leon are, fueling interest in the league in the future. It's still stupid, especially as it could only work once and then things would be back to normal, which is already good enough.

I saw the battle with Gordie, and honestly, I couldn't help but feel bad with how he handled Coalossal. There definitely needed to be more thought put in to Steam Engine. Maybe halve water damage or something

I saw the battle with Gordie, and honestly, I couldn't help but feel bad with how he handled Coalossal. There definitely needed to be more thought put in to Steam Engine. Maybe halve water damage or something

Yep. But that’s the problem with Pokémon with 4x weaknesses...even more so given its speed.
To place him as a Gigantamax/ace is frankly ridicolous.

So I heard from someone playing a pirated game that starting with Kabu all the gym leaders with have Gigantamaxes, and they can be rematched at any time, is this true?

I hope the rematch thing is true, but the Gigantamax thing definitely is.
that feels kinda unfair. G-maxes are rare to find and even then Butterfree, Kingler and Orbeetle are the only ones you can find below 50. And nobody plans on using, and maybe Pikachu and Eevee once.

Sigh. I was really hoping that the energy crisis thing was a misinterpretation, but it seems not. What the hell GF?

Champion Cup explained:
First, there are the Semifinals, where you will face the other Trainers who completed the Gym Challenge. If you manage to win in the Semifinals, you will then face the top seven Gym Leaders of the Galar region in the Finals. Defeat them, and you will finally be able to face the Champion in the Championship Match.
You don't actually battle seven gym leaders, since it's a tournament (one of them, Milo?, was removed to make room for the player). The semifinals opponents are Marnie and Hop, then Bede interrupts the finals and you have to battle him, then finally you deal with Nessa, Bea/Allister and Raihan. Then comes Leon, except Eternatus interrupts. Your Pokemon are almost definitely healed between before each interruption, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were healed after every battle just like in the PWT.

It doesn't seem that the cup happens again in the post-game (which makes sense lore-wise) since Leon's post-game team only has five Pokemon. Also, every gym has a gym challenger NPC for the post-game.

I guess that you never see the fourth semifinals participant that Hop defeats? I'll just assume it's the opposite-gender player character.

Last edited:
So I heard from someone playing a pirated game that starting with Kabu all the gym leaders with have Gigantamaxes, and they can be rematched at any time, is this true?

Yes based on the datamine trainer list gym leaders appear more than a few times of different levels and gym trainers appear as well so Rematches seem like a certainty.

So you battle Eternamax Eternatus in a Max Raid Battle alongside Hop and the wolves. That certainly explains Eternatus's crazy-high BST. Still, it's a cool change from the typical one-on-one Legendary climaxes. The mascots get some agency and your rival gets to take part in it, all while making significant use of the new battle format.

(There's glimpses of various locations in Galar flashing in the background during the battle which I think is a nice touch, I assume it's to do with Eternatus warping space around it.)

I really like that the other mascot is allowed to exist and be involved in the story in some way. We haven't had that since BW (what USUM did doesn't really qualify).

Last edited:
I see text about Leon weakening Eternatus:

You came to help me in spite of the danger? Thanks, Hop. And you, [Player]. You two really have grown tremendously!
But no need for you kids to worry. It seems like some power of Eternatus’s was keeping my team from Dynamaxing, but... we’ve had a champion time all the same!
Charizard and the rest of my champion team members have really worn Eternatus down.
Now if I can simply catch it in a Poké Ball, we should be able to get this madness under control. Then everything will be back to normal. So watch this! It’s going to be a real champion catch!

Somebody said a few days ago that Kabu might be Flannery's grandfather, but I'm not seeing much evidence of that. Seems like he's just a guy from Hoenn who happens to train Fire types.

In fact this game seems extraordinarily light on continuity nods and references to other regions, even by most initial pairs' standards.

Back
Top Bottom