• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon SwSh Datamine (Story Version) (SPOILER WARNING).

There's not a sad react option so have Lapras, both as a signal of shock and an emblem of conservation efforts

More properly: :cry:
Thanks. The poor golden toad is now like the thylacine in Australia, since there are still unconfirmed sightings, but I don't know if they are still there.

Climate change is indeed already affecting some areas. Even if you aren't affected by it, your (eventual) kids/family probably will. It's something that should worry you at least to some extent.

1000 years from now? What sort of prediction can be made that far? Also, is the Dynamax energy needed for anything but battles? Tourism? If Rose only cares about the legacy of the league and wants to be the hero, then there is no altruism in that. That's fine for an antagonist, but what plan does he have to defeat Eternatus when Leon doesn't agree with him? Is the 1000 years thing just a lame attempt to convince him?

Climate change is indeed already affecting some areas. Even if you aren't affected by it, your (eventual) kids/family probably will. It's something that should worry you at least to some extent.

1000 years from now? What sort of prediction can be made that far? Also, is the Dynamax energy needed for anything but battles? Tourism? If Rose only cares about the legacy of the league and wants to be the hero, then there is no altruism in that. That's fine for an antagonist, but what plan does he have to defeat Eternatus when Leon doesn't agree with him? Is the 1000 years thing just a lame attempt to convince him?
It's more likely that this is what the leaker meant:

It makes sense, considering Piers's town's inability to Dynamax has lead to it getting no tourism, thus making them unable to afford proper infrastructure. Rose's motive is probably that he's a greedy CEO who wants to use the spectacle of Dynamaxing in combination with the Galar league for insane profits, and would go to dangerous lengths to keep them. In that case, the "1000 years" comment is probably hyperbole he makes in a greed-fueled stupor

View attachment 127915

It makes sense, considering Piers's town's inability to Dynamax has lead to it getting no tourism, thus making them unable to afford proper infrastructure. Rose's motive is probably that he's a greedy CEO who wants to use the spectacle of Dynamaxing in combination with the Galar league for insane profits, and would go to dangerous lengths to keep them. In that case, the "1000 years" comment is probably hyperbole he makes in a greed-fueled stupor
That is indeed different then what was said earlier, and while not exactly groundbreaking, it’s fine by me. Even if he meant literally those words, they’re in a different meaning. He basically wants eternal power for Dynamax and his own selfish gains in regards of the popularity of the battles. It’s way better then wanting to use Eternatus’ power now because in 1000 years the power to support the Dynamax will finish.

That does make a lot more sense. I suspect that's probably right.

Mirror B's goofy, but his design has more thought put into it than "Just a human incarnation of the game cover but done badly". People like joke characters (Joey is pretty popular, too), but the joke here seems to just be "Get it? Because you're playing Pokemon Sword?" There's not even a pun in their names.

Mirror B's goofy, but his design has more thought put into it than "Just a human incarnation of the game cover but done badly". People like joke characters (Joey is pretty popular, too), but the joke here seems to just be "Get it? Because you're playing Pokemon Sword?" There's not even a pun in their names.

Sure, and I think their names and hair are dumb too. I'm just saying that we don't really know anything about them yet, so reactions in that reddit thread like "I’m pressing F for the death of good character writing..." are a little extreme.

The designs make it hard to take the plot seriously. Miror B. was just following orders in Colosseum, and then came back to steal some Pokemon in XD from his former organization (a competent version of the anime's TRio). These new characters are representing their ancestors and are supposed to be really mad, I guess?

I wonder if these guys have a unique battle theme and how goofy it is. Maybe the player just battles the Pokemon they corrupt.

I think the storyline involving Rose trying to save the environment sounds interesting. We have already seen the effects of it in Ghost Corsola's transformation.

Back
Top Bottom