• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon SwSh Datamine (Story Version) (SPOILER WARNING).

that makes me really happy. i always wanted opal to have a less proper side that she would have like Sonia from Danganronpa

Here are the cards that make me think about her behavior:

But if he drowns all the humans there won't be anybody polluting the sea anymore
There's not much talk of sea pollution in Pokemon at all, though. I don't think we even have any official reference to it, outside of regional forms whose purpose is to take care of it.
where he is presumably going to build his industries
Maxie never suggests anything about building industries, just vague promises about human development. And considering solar and wind power is a common thing in the Pokemon world, that doesn't have to mean pollution is the result.
Then there is the creepy drought theme song.
How does the song being creepy suggest that he's going to pollute the world?

I don't remember Gladion getting character development (he always wanted to stop his mother and never did)
He certainly learned to trust others and ask for help instead of just relying on himself.
"Because Null and I have to make it on our own. And I don't ever want to forget that."
"Ngh! So I'm still not strong enough.""All the days that I struggled alone and lonely... it was all for nothing? Is that it?"
"Maybe helping one another out isn't so bad...""<Player>! Hau! I leave Faba to you!"
I've been waiting for you. To thank you. For what you did for Lillie. For our mother. I appreciate it. Maybe more than you know.

His attitude towards Hau changes over the course of the game, too.

There's not much talk of sea pollution in Pokemon at all, though. I don't think we even have any official reference to it, outside of regional forms whose purpose is to take care of it.
There's just a reference to pollution that I can remember in the Hoenn games, but it is by a random old man in the beach of Route 110 and it is more like an obligatory environmentalist message.

His attitude towards Hau changes over the course of the game, too.

In fact, him and Hau are foils of one another.

Hau has a healthy family relationship, but because Hala once got worked up and saw how scared his anger made Hau, Hala has gone easy on him, resulting in Hau having a very laid-back attitude that causes him to not take things seriously when it's important to. This changes when the things he has come to care about (Lillie and Cosmog) are put in actual danger, and after realizing that it's not fair to his Pokémon to just shrug off every loss as "having fun" because they are giving their all for him but he's not putting in as much effort in return.

Gladion on the other hand has a completely broken family relationship; Lusamine was incredibly strict with him after Mohn disappeared which pushed him away, and in contrast to Hau, that loss has already made him aware that he has things he wants to protect, and he feels the need to become stronger in order to do that. He's compensating, and he takes everything so seriously and tries to shoulder everything on his own. But that's not ideal either, because there are times when it's better to have help from others, like when you, him, and Hau stormed Aether Paradise. His own strength wasn't enough to beat Guzma. He also left Lillie behind when he took Null because he was so focused on his own needs, ironically doing much the same thing that Lusamine was doing to them. And his Type: Null only evolves into Silvally, a Pokémon defined by the need to form a healthy bond (as well as his Golbat into Crobat, and he also suddenly has a Lucario), after Gladion becomes more open to letting other people in.

Hau gets serious as Gladion loosens up. They learn from each other.

Is there any information on rival’s/GL’s teams? I’d be willing to bet that Marnie will have Grimmsnarl, Gothitelle, Morpeko but am curious about the rest of her team. Also Bede’s - will he have Hatterene and a psychic themed team? What are the rest of Leon’s Pokémon?

Is there any information on rival’s/GL’s teams? I’d be willing to bet that Marnie will have Grimmsnarl, Gothitelle, Morpeko but am curious about the rest of her team. Also Bede’s - will he have Hatterene and a psychic themed team? What are the rest of Leon’s Pokémon?

I read that Leon uses Charizard, Aegislash, Haxorus, Dragapult, the Starter that beats yours, and something else the leaker couldn't remember

I don't recall if it came from the same leaker, but I have seen these Pokémon mentioned as the aces of these characters:

Nessa - Drednaw
Kabu - Centiskorch
Allister - Gengar (presumably Bea would use Machamp)
Opal - Alcremie
Melony - Lapras
Raihan - Duraludon
Oleana - Garbodor
Bede - Hatterene
Marnie - Grimmsnarl

Since Bede takes up Opal's position as the leader of her Gym, he might have more of a Fairy-based team, despite running Duosion in that one trailer.

I read that Leon uses Charizard, Aegislash, Haxorus, Dragapult, the Starter that beats yours, and something else the leaker couldn't remember

I don't recall if it came from the same leaker, but I have seen these Pokémon mentioned as the aces of these characters:

Nessa - Drednaw
Kabu - Centiskorch
Allister - Gengar (presumably Bea would use Machamp)
Opal - Alcremie
Melony - Lapras
Raihan - Duraludon
Oleana - Garbodor
Bede - Hatterene
Marnie - Grimmsnarl

Since Bede takes up Opal's position as the leader of her Gym, he might have more of a Fairy-based team, despite running Duosion in that one trailer.
Don't forget Milo and Eldegoss. Also... I just realized that Bede is the first male Fairy Leader in the series.

Now that I think about it, this is the first game that I see Gym Leaders retire during the events of the game, since Piers is replaced by Marnie, Opal is replace by Bede and (at least in Shield) Melony is replaced by Gordie (don't know how that scenario plays out in Sword).

Don't forget Milo and Eldegoss. Also... I just realized that Bede is the first male Fairy Leader in the series.

That is true, although what stands out there is that everyone on that list has a Pokémon that can Gigantamax. Eldegoss, so far as we know, cannot (and I think might have been ruled out entirely, I'll need to double-check), so I wonder if Milo uses something different in the post-game. Maybe Apple.

Edit: Oh lol I just saw the leak thread

Now that I think about it, this is the first game that I see Gym Leaders retire during the events of the game, since Piers is replaced by Marnie, Opal is replace by Bede and (at least in Shield) Melony is replaced by Gordie (don't know how that scenario plays out in Sword).

Technically, Let's Go had Giovanni "retire" and then be replaced by Blue for rematches in the post-game.

Last edited:
That is true, although what stands out there is that everyone on that list has a Pokémon that can Gigantamax. Eldegoss, so far as we know, cannot (and I think might have been ruled out entirely, I'll need to double-check), so I wonder if Milo uses something different in the post-game. Maybe Apple.

Technically, Let's Go had Giovanni "retire" and then be replaced by Blue for rematches in the post-game.
On the first point, a recent pic revealed Milo to have a G-Max Flapple, making me think that either he replaces Eldegoss (since the pic is from a rematch), or I was wrong and his ace is Flapple.

On the second point, I forgot about LGPE. I blame the fact that I still don't have a Switch to play it.

His first ace is definitely Eldegoss since it was shown Dynamaxed. But it clearly didn't make the cut for the rematch.

Any word about the number of battles in the league tournament? The gym leaders being involved reminds me of Silph League from proto Red and Green, except that one also included the Elite Four.

Last edited:
Also Piers and Marnie are the first ever male and female Dark Gym Leaders in the series in just one game already 3 big feats in Sword and Shield!!!

Posting Leaked Images
Hey everyone. Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

Links to other sites displaying images should still be ok, but please avoid posting a straight link with a preview of linked content (for example: Twitter). We suggest instead adding a hyperlink to text to avoid these previews from appearing.

We do not plan to remove previously posted content at this time, but this may change as we receive more information. We will keep you updated as we learn more. Thank you for your understanding, and we hope you enjoy this final week of leaks and speculation.

So, since this is the SWSH story thread (and it even has SPOILERS in the title), I guess I'm allowed to post this here. And if I'm not, I can always take it down or one of the admins will delete it anyways.

So, somebody managed to get their hands on a copy of Pokémon Sword and manage to stream it on YouTube for about two hours or so and, before the stream got taken down, I did manage to see part of the intro and I thought "Why not post it here and see what people think of it?".

Apparently, the games starts off by throwing you right into the trainer customisation with no message form the professor whatsoever (or, at least that's what it looks like, since the stream started off with the guy already having chosen his PC and name). Then, the actual game starts off by showing you the page of what looks to be the Pokémon world's version of YouTube, with a video sponsored by the company that has the triple C logo showing what I assume to be the opening ceremony of the Galar League, held in the big stadium that we've already seen during the trailer that introduced Chairman Rose. Speaking of him, Chairman Rose walks in and starts things off by giving the usual "Welcome to the world of Pokémon" speech and, like previous professors, he throws a Poké Ball (so as to show what a Pokémon is), with the Pokémon that comes out being a Cufant. He then introduces himself, before announcing that an exhibition match against Galar's undefeated champion is about to begin. Then, a bunch of pyrotechnics go off in a line, at the end of which, Leon and his Charizard pop up and pull a pose, which all of the people in the stadium try mimic. Their opponent is revealed to be Raihan and his partner, Duraludon. Raihan then talks about how, no matter how strong Leon is, he's gonna defeat him this time, to which Leon responds with the "You know I don't lose battles, Raihan!" line that we've already seen. He then orders his Charizard to Dynamax (without recalling it back into its ball, interestingly enough), who then starts to glow red before turning into G-Max Charizard. Before to camera turns to the skies and the logo of the games pop up. We then cut away to the outside of our house, as Hop, alongside a Wooloo, are going along the path towards the house's door. Inside, the PC is seen watching the video we saw earlier on his/her phone, before Hop bursts in and greets you. He than comments on your new phone, asks if you're watching the match on it and says that the best way to cheer Leon (to whom he refers to as "Lee") is to pull of his signature Charizard pose (which, I assume, is the pose he pulled off earlier). Your mom than come in and says that she didn't expect Hop to be here and then asks if today isn't that day, to which Ho responds that it indeed is and that's why he cam to check on the PC. And that's about all I could see before the stream got claimed.

So, what do you guys think of the first few minutes of the games? Personally, I'm still surprised that they introduced a version of what's basically PokéTube. It's just so... unexpected and surprising? Makes me wonder if it's actually gonna play a bigger role or if it's hinting at some kind of mechanic that we haven't seen yet (like maybe the player gets to record part of their gameplay and post it online or share it with their friends). Or maybe I'm just overthinking it and it's just there for flavor and worldbuilding. Regardless, I think it's pretty interesting. And also kind of interesting (in regards to the anime, at least, since I guess it won't actually affect the games in any way) is that they show that you don't actually need to use a Poké Ball in order to Dynamax/G-Max a Pokémon. I guess that chances of Ash actually Dynamaxing (or maybe even Gigantamaxing) his Pikachu have grown.

So, since this is the SWSH story thread (and it even has SPOILERS in the title), I guess I'm allowed to post this here. And if I'm not, I can always take it down or one of the admins will delete it anyways.

So, somebody managed to get their hands on a copy of Pokémon Sword and manage to stream it on YouTube for about two hours or so and, before the stream got taken down, I did manage to see part of the intro and I thought "Why not post it here and see what people think of it?".

Apparently, the games starts off by throwing you right into the trainer customisation with no message form the professor whatsoever (or, at least that's what it looks like, since the stream started off with the guy already having chosen his PC and name). Then, the actual game starts off by showing you the page of what looks to be the Pokémon world's version of YouTube, with a video sponsored by the company that has the triple C logo showing what I assume to be the opening ceremony of the Galar League, held in the big stadium that we've already seen during the trailer that introduced Chairman Rose. Speaking of him, Chairman Rose walks in and starts things off by giving the usual "Welcome to the world of Pokémon" speech and, like previous professors, he throws a Poké Ball (so as to show what a Pokémon is), with the Pokémon that comes out being a Cufant. He then introduces himself, before announcing that an exhibition match against Galar's undefeated champion is about to begin. Then, a bunch of pyrotechnics go off in a line, at the end of which, Leon and his Charizard pop up and pull a pose, which all of the people in the stadium try mimic. Their opponent is revealed to be Raihan and his partner, Duraludon. Raihan then talks about how, no matter how strong Leon is, he's gonna defeat him this time, to which Leon responds with the "You know I don't lose battles, Raihan!" line that we've already seen. He then orders his Charizard to Dynamax (without recalling it back into its ball, interestingly enough), who then starts to glow red before turning into G-Max Charizard. Before to camera turns to the skies and the logo of the games pop up. We then cut away to the outside of our house, as Hop, alongside a Wooloo, are going along the path towards the house's door. Inside, the PC is seen watching the video we saw earlier on his/her phone, before Hop bursts in and greets you. He than comments on your new phone, asks if you're watching the match on it and says that the best way to cheer Leon (to whom he refers to as "Lee") is to pull of his signature Charizard pose (which, I assume, is the pose he pulled off earlier). Your mom than come in and says that she didn't expect Hop to be here and then asks if today isn't that day, to which Ho responds that it indeed is and that's why he cam to check on the PC. And that's about all I could see before the stream got claimed.

So, what do you guys think of the first few minutes of the games? Personally, I'm still surprised that they introduced a version of what's basically PokéTube. It's just so... unexpected and surprising? Makes me wonder if it's actually gonna play a bigger role or if it's hinting at some kind of mechanic that we haven't seen yet (like maybe the player gets to record part of their gameplay and post it online or share it with their friends). Or maybe I'm just overthinking it and it's just there for flavor and worldbuilding. Regardless, I think it's pretty interesting. And also kind of interesting (in regards to the anime, at least, since I guess it won't actually affect the games in any way) is that they show that you don't actually need to use a Poké Ball in order to Dynamax/G-Max a Pokémon. I guess that chances of Ash actually Dynamaxing (or maybe even Gigantamaxing) his Pikachu have grown.
Wow....never expected that especially Chairman Rose being like the introduction person to the player knowing his later role in the story neat touch. Also introducing Leon was great (oh Leon I'm gonna end your champion career very soon). I like that they change up the start of a new game very new and fresh!

How does the song being creepy suggest that he's going to pollute the world?

I think the drought is a metaphor for global warming and the reason the song is creepy is to portray the terrible consequences it might have on planet. Tabitha's subplot when he realizes that their actions might destroy the planet also implies this. Especially since Maxie refuses to listen to Tabitha's desperate plea because he is in denial about the problem. So he is kind of like people who deny the effects of global warming in real life? :unsure:

But that is just my interpretation. Just like art, music is also subjective. :p

Anyway, enough about ORAS. I think that Bede's backstory sounds very interesting but I hope it won't be too edgy. When the characters were first revealed I thought Marnie would be the Lillie of this generation but it seems like Bede might actually have more depth.

I think it's interesting how feminine some of the new male characters are this generations both Gou in the anime and Bede's pastel pink jumpsuit.

Opal also seems pretty mysterious but she doesn't seem to be evil either.

Wow....never expected that especially Chairman Rose being like the introduction person to the player knowing his later role in the story neat touch. Also introducing Leon was great (oh Leon I'm gonna end your champion career very soon). I like that they change up the start of a new game very new and fresh!
I think I recall seeing someone mention Rose doing that, but it could have been a fake leak that got lucky and got something right.

Back
Top Bottom