• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon SwSh Official Galar Strategy Guide Delay?

RJB1987

Cosmic Pikachu
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I didn't see this posted so I thought I'd ask here, because I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere. Anyway... I usually purchase the Collector's Edition of the Strategy guides because I like the way they look and I am always interested in the concept art. I remember with SuMo, there was a week or so delay with the guides because they didn't come out until a week after the game release.

Well, the Galar Guide was supposed to be out on the 22nd. Then the 26th (and most online retailers still have this as the listed date) and Amazon is now showing the 3rd. Anyone have any idea of when this will be out? Is it being delayed because of that stupid lawsuit? My local GameStop and B&N haven't received their order yet, nor have any others in the area (I live in a major metro area of TX, so there are a lot of retail options but none of them know). Amazon kept changing the release date so many times I got frustrated and canceled the order.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea, or has a copy. I don't even know if I want it anymore.

Thanks!

-RJB

What lawsuit?

Also, I think someone already got the guidebook since the Pokémon and Gym Leader's official artwork is now circulating the Internet. Unless that's not the thing you're talking about and I'm confused.

Yikes. Wouldn't be the first time something like this happens, since the guy that leaked New Super Mario Bros. Wii was sent to jail. Then again, he leaked the game using his personal data...

Yeah TPCi is citing the leakers for hindering their ability to sell both the game and the guide

While I didn't hear about any lawsuit, I can say that I got the collector's edition strategy guide last Saturday from Gamestop (I had a reservation on it). It was a week late, I admit, but it should be out by now. When it comes to Amazon, I really don't trust them that much, if at all, so you might have better luck searching for a genuine game store, a Walmart, or something that isn't an online shopping system. But, seeing how I have one, it should be out by now. All I can suggest is try searching other places outside of Amazon, as Amazon isn't reliable at all (I speak from experience, as I've had more issues with Amazon order than, say, Ebay).

I'm still trying to figure out where these damages from the leaks came from.

The games were released on time, so it didn't hurt their release schedule. The games made a ton of money, so it didn't hurt their profits. I honestly don't get what they're exactly trying to blame the leaks for.

Unless, due to the lawsuit anyplace that didn't get shipments of the guide before the announcement was made, will never get them and that's the damages their sueing for. Which would be childish because it's after the fact. That's just on Nintendo pulling their own product and damaging their own profits and not the leaks fault.

I'm still trying to figure out where these damages from the leaks came from.

The games were released on time, so it didn't hurt their release schedule. The games made a ton of money, so it didn't hurt their profits. I honestly don't get what they're exactly trying to blame the leaks for.

Unless, due to the lawsuit anyplace that didn't get shipments of the guide before the announcement was made, will never get them and that's the damages their sueing for. Which would be childish because it's after the fact. That's just on Nintendo pulling their own product and damaging their own profits and not the leaks fault.
There's also the fact that the ROMs were released to the public before release, although I don't think the damage was that bad seeing how Yuzu (the Switch emulator) can't play SwSh.

While I didn't hear about any lawsuit, I can say that I got the collector's edition strategy guide last Saturday from Gamestop (I had a reservation on it). It was a week late, I admit, but it should be out by now. When it comes to Amazon, I really don't trust them that much, if at all, so you might have better luck searching for a genuine game store, a Walmart, or something that isn't an online shopping system. But, seeing how I have one, it should be out by now. All I can suggest is try searching other places outside of Amazon, as Amazon isn't reliable at all (I speak from experience, as I've had more issues with Amazon order than, say, Ebay).

I called the local GameStop earlier and they didn’t have it. Now they do. So I guess I’m going there

UPDATE: called a few more GameStops in my area. Found one that actually had them. Rushed in before close and got it. Yet, I still feel no joy

UPDATE: called a few more GameStops in my area. Found one that actually had them. Rushed in before close and got it. Yet, I still feel no joy
I would not feel good paying 40 for it either, so lame with this Amazon delay. Any more info on why that is? I also called gamestop and they had it as well/

I would not feel good paying 40 for it either, so lame with this Amazon delay. Any more info on why that is? I also called gamestop and they had it as well/

No idea why Amazon has a delay. It's really obnoxious. The B&Ns here in my city never got it either. Really obnoxious. I got it, but like I said, feels so hollow now.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom