• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TCG Pokémon TCG Art & Illustrator Appreciation Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Here you may find a space to discuss all the beautiful and unique artwork the Trading Card Game has to offer. Any specific cards you're especially fond of, or particular TCG illustrators whose work you admire? Show your appreciation for them!

I'm personally a big fan of the colorful, expressive style of Tomokazu Komiya; the dark and dynamic look of Hikaru Koike's ex card art; and of course the lovely atmospheric quality of veteran illustrator Mitsuhiro Arita's work.
Illus. Tomokazu Komiya:
ShedinjaVividVoltage66.jpg
20200814015340%21AlolanVulpixGXBattleBoost22.jpg
CrustleUnifiedMinds11.jpg

Illus. Hikaru Koike:
RegirockEXEmerald99.jpg
FeraligatrEXUnseenForces103.png
unknown.png

Illus. Mitsuhiro Arita:
TangelaBaseSet66.jpg
DarkGolduckTeamRocket37.jpg
GalarianSlowbroBattleStyles92.jpg

I have heard people speak ill of 5ban Graphics and CGI illustrators in general, but I am quite fond of 'em. 'Specially the item cards, for instance, Sweet Honey from Astral Radiance is a really good rendition.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom