• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon TCG Elite Trainer Box Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyGamerZack

My OTHER mount is a dragon!
Reaction score
I didn't see a topic of discussion regarding Pokémon XY Elite Trainer Boxes, so I thought I'd start one. If this is against the rules, then please close the thread (I'm still learning my way around the forums).

I just opened my first ever Elite Trainer Box. I picked the blue Xerneas-themed one from the XY Base Set, and...well, I was blown away by my cards right from the first booster, in which I pulled a full-art Blastoise EX! I also found an Yveltal EX and two Aromatisse (one regular holo, one reverse-holo). Some of my personal highlights include:

Fairy Garden - should come in handy in some of the decks I build
Double Colorless Energy - haven't seen one of these in years
Froakie - the first starter I found in the set happens to be my favourite of the three
Voltorb - I pulled a single Lightning-type Pokémon. Oh well, there's always next time.

I was impressed with the other contents as well. I'd definitely like to use all the extra goodies, including the dice and markers - no longer do I need to use cardboard counters! The coin-flip die will especially come in handy since I'm not the best coin-flipper. The sleeves are surprisingly good quality as well, and I've already used three for my holo cards. The guide was a good read, and the full card image gallery is the icing and cherry on the cake. This is a brilliant product, and I hope that every future set includes one. I'm even considering getting the Yveltal-themed one! :cool:

--Zack--

I agree, the Elite Trainer Boxes have been coming out since Plasma Storm, and they are all good. Some of the sleeves aren't always the best with these deals, but I have bought 2 Plasma Blast boxes, giving one set of sleeves to my brother, and another set to my friend. The sleeves show little damage, and work great still. This is also with a good couple months under their belt, and that means a lot when you talk about sleeves(with some sleeves needing to be replaced once a moth, and others once a year) I have a set of UltraPro sleeves, which I do like, but they are about 4 months old and need to be replaced. The sleeves in these boces I will bet money should last about as long.

If you have the money, while you do get 1 less pack than just buying the packs for the same price, you get a great box to hold cards, dice for damage and flipping, and on top of all of that, card packs.

In Australia, boosters sell for around $6 and ETBs around $70. I definitely think the dice, markers, sleeves, box and guide are worth the extra $12 chip-in, and I'd definitely like to collect at least one for each set. If I can find the ones from Plasma Storm and Plasma Blast for a good price, then I'd definitely consider getting one of each. :cool:

Oh, and I decided to get the Yveltal ETB, which I'll collect at a later date. It'd be funny if I got the opposite EX cards in it (full-art Venusaur EX and Xerneas EX)! :lol:

Nice! I was fortunate enough to get an Elite Y Box for $20 last week. I pulled out to holo rares and an full art Yveltal EX. So not only did I get to save a ton of money, along with all the benefits of having the box, but I got the rarest card in the set. Gonna keep the sleeves wrapped up.

Looking forward to the XY2, Wild Blaze. :)

I bought one of each of the two new ETB's. I got Venasaur ex, Blastoise ex, 2 Xerneas ex, one full art and 2 emolga ex one full art. I also got some decent fairy types and 2 fairy gardens. I've made a deck from the fletchling line + fairy types consisting of Xerneas, swirlix line, jigglypuff line. It works really well against any deck that uses a lot of status ailments.

What are the chances of Flashfire getting its own Elite Trainer Box? I remember reading that TPCI wanted to do them regularly due to the success of the Plasma Storm one, but so far there's only been one for every second set. My reasoning behind that is there wasn't time to produce one for Plasma Freeze between when TPCI made the decision and the set's release, and Legendary Collection is a special set (sets?), so it probably didn't need one. Personally, I'd like to see one for Flashfire, as well as all future sets, but what do you think are the chances? :cool:

What are the chances of Flashfire getting its own Elite Trainer Box? I remember reading that TPCI wanted to do them regularly due to the success of the Plasma Storm one, but so far there's only been one for every second set. My reasoning behind that is there wasn't time to produce one for Plasma Freeze between when TPCI made the decision and the set's release, and Legendary Collection is a special set (sets?), so it probably didn't need one. Personally, I'd like to see one for Flashfire, as well as all future sets, but what do you think are the chances? :cool:

Flash Fire has a good chance of having one, my bet is that there will be two separate ones for Mega X and Y Charizard just like they had it for the X/Y set

That'd be neat. It'd be awesome if ETBs each came with a rare card from the set, even if just to offer an added incentive for buying one; the idea you mentioned above could have each ETB containing either a different Charizard-EX or M Charizard-EX.

If they only do one design, I'm sure it would either feature both Mega Charizard or just the regular Charizard.

I really love the idea of Elite Trainer boxes. They're a bit pricey if you're just starting out in the game, but if you get one you get almost everything you need to be entering tournaments with. You might be short of a few energy, depending on the deck you're building, but there's always people willing to lend energy out. They're a great idea.

I bought both Xerneas and Yveltal ones, think I got decent pulls, I can't really remember.

Speaking of, will there be an Elite Trainer box for the Flashfire expansion?

It's not looking promising; the product description on the official website only mentions boosters and theme decks. :-(

Ah, I wish I could get an ETB, but my store sells them $40 each. Saving my money for other stuff... Also Mom doesn't like my Pokemon TCG "habit." Doesn't stop me from collecting, but serious hold-back anyway.

I got the Yvel and Gen boxes. the Yvel box revealed nice cards but the gen box was dissapointing as far as cards go. not even a genesect in the lot. Its a genesect box. wheres the genesect? haha. Either way the boxes and sleeves are nice and I can keep two polished decks handy for play with all the trimmings except a mat. two thumbs up but a hangnail for the lack of good cards in one set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom