• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon teams based on cartoons

PageEmperor

Reaction score
So what the title says, what fitting teams would you see on various animated TV shows or characters?

Lucky Star:
  1. Konata - Litten, Rowlet, Misdreavus, Yamper, Espeon, Raichu
  2. Kagami - Cinderace, Munchlax, Servine, Lucario, Timburr, Pheromosa
  3. Tsukasa - Chikorita, Sobble, Eevee, Lilligant, Victini, Castform
  4. Miyuki - Snivy, Tsareena, Wigglytuff, Flaaffy, Wooloo, Gossifleur
  5. Yutaka - Scorbunny, Azurill, Pichu, Teddiursa, Igglybuff, Dedenne
  6. Minami - Torracat, Umbreon, Volcarona, Mienshao, Haxorus, Gallade
  7. Yui - Dartrix, Leafeon, Mime Jr., Latias, Milotic, Zigzagoon
Haganai:
  1. Sena - Wartortle, Linoone, Florges, Zangoose, Emolga, Salamence
  2. Yozora - Dewott, Darmanitan, Vanillite, Fennekin, Alolan Raichu, Naganadel

Omg! I actually made these teams long before joining the forums, one day when I was bored I started writing pokémon teams for some characters. More than being pokémon teams that they would really have they're more like teams inspired by different elements of their worlds, and since I wanted them to be at their max potential I only used the last stages.

If anyone wants to share what pokémon would have used for these characters go ahead, I love sharing opinions on this kind of thing, also if you liked any team or would like to use one, it's always interesting to know :giggle:. I wrote many teams but for now I'll only post the ones inspired by the Disney Princesses.
Sawsbuck
Pachirisu
Torterra
Staraptor
Lopunny
Furret
Raticate
Dedenne
Altaria
Gourgeist
Purugly
Shiny Sylveon
Noctowl
Florges
Dragonite
Musharna
Swellow
Gardevoir
Primarina
Kingler
Vaporeon
Lumineon
Milotic
Gorebyss
Roserade
Polteageist
Klefki
Midnight Lycanroc
Mightyena
Shiny Chandelure
Incineroar
Alakazam
Pidgeot
Luxray
Shiny Medicham
Shiny Chatot
Linoone
Granbull
Braviary
Trevenant
Talonflame
Zangoose
Drampa
Aegislash
Sensu Style Oricorio
Mienshao
Koomo-o
Shiny Gyarados
Greninja
Volbeat
Feraligatr
Politoed
Seismitoad
Toxicroak
Kecleon
Kantonian Rapidash
Cherrim
Solrock
Ampharos
Smeargle
Ursaring
Decidueye
Alolan Marowak
Mudsdale
Mismagius
Exploud
Sunflora
Flareon
Kantonian Ninetales
Kantonian Sandslash
Golduck
Spinda
Froslass
Glaceon
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Sandslash
Vanilluxe
Abomasnow
Emboar
Grumpig
Crabominable
Blaziken
Swampert
Palossand

Last edited:
Star Wars Rebels

Kanan Jarrus
Lucario
Aegislash
Herdier
Gallade
Dragapult
Zacian

Ezra Bridger
Galarian Meowth
Lycanroc
Morpeko
Cubone
Riolu
Zamazenta

These threads are always fun:

Tetsuya Kuroko (Kuroko's Basketball)
Misdreavus
Decidueye
Froslass
Sensu style Oricorio
Umbreon
Vanilluxe

Seijuro Akashi (Kuroko's Basketball)
Mightyena
Rapidash
Delphox
Espeon
Xatu
Spectrier

Reo Shinozaki (Skate-Leading Stars)
Glaceon
Alolan Ninetales
Frosmoth
Dewgong
Lapras
Female Meowstic

Kosuke Iwana (Wave!!)
Marowak
Alolan Raichu
Inteleon
Starmie
Kingdra
Empoleon

Charmy Pappitson (Black Clover)
Miltank
Munchlax
Lickilicky
Swalot
Dubwool x2

Fyodor Dostoyevsky (Bungou Stray Dogs)
Absol
Alolan Raticate
Obstagoon
Malamar
Metagross
Yveltal

Kon (Kemono Jihen)
Ninetales
Flareon
Espeon
Delphox

Ryoma Echizen (Prince of Tennis)
Typhlosion
Arcanine
Male Meowstic
Jolteon
Swellow
Raichu

Rin Matsuoka (Free!)
Seadra
Feraligatr
Barraskewda
Gyarados
Sharpedo
Tentacruel

Tomoki Sakai (Dive!!)
Buizel
Piplup
Seel
Shellder
Poliwhirl
Sealeo

Zero Kiryu (Vampire Knight)
Glalie
Crobat
Inteleon
Dragapult
Mightyena
Houndoom

Thorfinn (Vinland Saga)
Haxorus
Garchomp
Alolan Sandslash
Drampa
Lucario
Zangoose

Star Wars

Kecleon
Charmeleon
Secptile

Lileep
Octillery
Malamar

The Last Airbender

Altaria
Emolga (Momo? A bit of a stretch)
Linoone or Snorlax (Appa, it has similar coloring and has an arrow on it's head!

Lucario
Greninja

Milotic
Vaporeon
Lapras

Geodude
Rhyhorn
Diglet

Charizard

Hmmm

Sailor Moon
Luna: Delcatty, Lunatone(duh) and Gardivor
Usagi: Lunatone, Loppunny (her name has bunny in) and Munchlax
Sailor Moon: Lunatone, Gardivor and Skitty
Sailor Mercury: Milotic, Rotom and Kirlia

More teams I've had sitting around for a bit:

Canute (Vinland Saga)
Jynx
Gardevoir
Hatterene
Slowking
Ice Rider Calyrex

Griffith (Berserk)
Galarian Rapidash
Braviary
Gallade
Decidueye
Absol
Silvally

Haruka Nanase (Free!)
Vaporeon
Milotic
Lapras
Lumineon
Wishiwashi
Arctovish

Kimichika Haijima (2.43: Seiin High School Boys Volleyball Club)
Mienshao
Primeape
Toucannon
Pidgeot
Pangoro
Blaziken

Sora Kurumatani (Ahiru no Sora)
Eevee
Aipom
Emolga
Herdier
Swoobat
Dragonite

Makoto Hanamiya (Kuroko's Basketball)
Ariados
Toxtricity Amped form
Toxicroak
Nidoking
Seviper
Galarian Slowking

Priestess (Goblin Slayer)
Clefable
Sylveon
Togekiss
Gardevoir
Blissey
Wigglytuff

Chrono (Chrono Crusade)
Houndoom
Mawile
Arcanine
Zoroark
Noivern
Grimmsnarl

Shintaro Midorima (Kuroko's Basketball)
Minior (green)
Girafarig
Beheeyem
Female Meowstic
Sigilyph
Gothitelle

I know this is an old thread, but this is a fun concept and also I'm really angry I never noticed it existed, so I'm reviving it. Gonna focus on just two animated products for now. May or may not do more at another time.

Avatar: the Last Airbender teams (yes, I know several people have made theme teams for this show already, but I really wanted to make my own too)
Aang
  • Dragonite (they have similar personalities, what with both being cute but deceptively powerful beings who’d rather save lives than engage in violence. Also, it’s a Flying-type that can learn a ton of moves from different types, so it’s a good fit for the person who can bend every element)
  • Togekiss (just like Dragonite, Togekiss's friendly nature and reputation for bringing blessings and happiness it fits Aang’s personality and role as the Avatar quite well. The fact that it has supposedly become rare due to ongoing strife also parallels how the Airbenders were nearly wiped out by the Fire Nation)
  • Mega Pidgeot (I think this would be Aang’s first ever Pokemon, so it could sort of be seen as the stand-in for Appa, since sadly there aren’t any flying bovines in Pokemon. It also feels quite fitting for an Airbender’s ace to be nothing more than a humble bird)
  • Emolga (stand-in for Momo)
  • Mew (just like the Avatar, Mew is a super-ancient Pokemon that can learn almost every move in existence, just like the Avatar can bend all elements. The idea here is that Mew is symbolic of the Avatar Spirit as a whole and would be the one Pokemon that’s remained constant in all the Avatars’ teams. Heck, it’s probably all been the same Mew, even. Yep, essentially Raava’s a Mew :p)
  • Lugia (let’s see, it’s a Flying-type Pokemon who dwells underwater and emerges from its lair to quell the fighting between the Legendary Birds. Aang is an Airbender who was first discovered submerged under the sea and emerged to quell the war. These two parallel each other so well. Also, yes, I know it may be a bit overkill to give Aang two Legendaries, but he IS supposed to be a demigod in-universe, so I think it fits)

Katara
  • Vaporeon (Katara’s first Pokemon, given to her as an Eevee by her father. Unlike most Eevees living in the poles, this one evolved into Vaporeon due to Katara’s Waterbender influence acting as a sort of Water Stone)
  • Lapras (A kind and graceful but powerful Pokemon for the kind and graceful yet powerful Katara. It also made sense for her to have at least one Ice-type and I felt this one was the most fitting for her)
  • Primarina (I just think it fits her aesthetically. Plus, its signature move can cure burns, and Katara first discovered her healing abilities by curing herself from a burn)
  • Mega Kangaskhan (to tie in with Katara’s motherly personality. I imagine this Pokemon used to belong to her mom, so Katara’s got an especially soft spot for it. It eventually becomes her designated Mega)
  • Blissey (because Katara is the healer of the group)
  • Suicune (to reference the fact that she’s a Waterbending Master. I imagine that she catches it after helping it purify that one polluted town, with Suicune voluntarily joining her team in gratitude)

Sokka
  • Glaceon (his first Pokemon also from his father, and sibling to Katara’s Vaporeon. The two probably quarrel a lot just like their trainers. Sokka’s Eevee evolved into Glaceon just like almost every Eevee living in cold areas due to its trainer not having any elemental affinity)
  • Bibarel (this is a very goofy Pokemon that’s actually incredibly useful and versatile, much like how Sokka’s a very goofy person who is nonetheless a vital part of the Gaang due to his strategizing despite his lack of bending powers. Also, the fact that Bibarel is Normal/Water-type ties in with how Sokka is a non-bender from a Water Tribe)
  • Samurott (counterpart to Katara’s Primarina, and also references how Sokka’s combat style is more physical and weapon-based)
  • Kantonian Marowak (representing the trusty boomerang :p)
  • Sirfetch’d (representing both Sokka’s warrior spirit and how just like its pre-evolution, Sokka was often overlooked)
  • Midday Lycanroc (because of the whole wolf warrior thing. Also, yes, I know technically the Midnight form would fit better due to the whole moon thing the Water Tribes have going on, but Midday’s a much better match for Sokka in color scheme and personality imo)

Toph
  • Excadrill (it’s a mole, and Toph originally learned Earthbending from badgermoles. When she first joins the Gang it’s only a Drillbur, but evolves into Excadrill once Toph masters metalbending)
  • Mamoswine (representing her family’s emblem, which is a pig. Consequently, it’d be her first Pokemon. When she first meets the Gang, it’s still only a Swinub because Toph was keeping her battling secret, but after she joins it very quickly evolves all the way into Mamoswine due to no longer needing to hold back and having learned Ancient Power ages ago)
  • Rhyperior (I just think it fits her, and I think she’d love a big, burly Rock-type as part of her team)
  • Sandslash (she’d catch this in order to help her master sandbending)
  • Swampert (to represent how she was originally revealed in a swamp as well as her eventual mastery of mudbending)
  • Mega Garchomp (I think Toph would love to have this beastly land shark as her ace)

Suki
  • Sensu Oricorio (I feel like this one’s self-explanatory)
  • Mienshao (elegant and graceful Fighting-type for the elegant and graceful Kyoshi Warrior)
  • Shiftry (its main weapons are its natural fans, which Suki also uses)
  • Flygon (she IS part of the Earth Kingdom, so I felt I had to give her a Ground-type, and I settled for Flygon just because it’s one of my favorites XD)
  • Milotic (another Pokemon with a fan on its body. It could also represent the Unagi)
  • Mega Lucario (mostly because I think she’s skilled enough a warrior to have a Mega, and Lucario feels like it fits her the best out of those)

Zuko
  • Talonflame (referencing how he was originally going to have a falcon sidekick)
  • Blaziken (mainly because I feel like these two have very similar fighting styles. I also headcanon it as Zuko’s first Pokemon)
  • Zangoose (a bit cruel, but references his scar)
  • Doublade (referencing how he dual-wields two swords as the Blue Spirit. Dunno if it’d ever become an Aegislash, but it it does, I imagine that probably would only happen at the very end of the series when Zuko’s crowned Fire Lord, as Aegislash was said to serve great leaders)
  • Alolan Marowak (referencing his attachment to his mother, which I imagine would help him bond with Sokka since they both have Marowaks XD. Also, Alolan Marowak can have Lightningrod as an Ability, but isn’t an Electric-type. This is just like how Zuko learned how to redirect Lightning but never to actually produce it)
  • Mega Charizard Y (starts out as just its base form, but would gain access to the Y Mega Evolution after Zuko’s training under the Sun Warriors)

Iroh
  • Drampa (referencing both Iroh being a kindly wise old man and the fact that he’s the Dragon of the West)
  • Polteageist (referencing his love of tea)
  • Emboar (counterpart to Zuko’s Blaziken. It also has access to Scald, which I feel would be useful for making tea)
  • Arcanine (big, flooffy, lovable guardian fire doggo for big, burly, lovable uncle)
  • Volcarona (powerful Fire-type that I imagine Iroh first caught wile under training with the Sun Warriors)
  • Mega Ampharos (referencing his proficiency with lightning. It’d also be his designated Mega, which is perfect because it becomes part-Dragon upon doing so, acting as another Dragon of the West reference)

Azula
  • Salazzle (representing her toxic personality)
  • Infernape (counterpart to Zuko and Iroh’s Fire/Fighting starters. Like with Zuko and Blaziken, Infernape was Azula’s first)
  • Chandelure (it has blue-ish flames and is also said to consume souls, which I very much doubt Azula would have an issue with)
  • Luxray (unlike Zuko, Azula does have proficiency with lightning, so it felt apt to give her an Electric-type, and Luxray fits her aesthetically due to matching her black and blue color scheme)
  • Hydreigon (she’s powerful enough to warrant a pseudo-legendary imo, plus the fact that it has three heads but only one is dominant with personality neatly represents how in Azula’s bid to have total control over her friends and subordinates, she tragically ended up alone)
  • Mega Charizard X (counterpart to Zuko’s Charizard, which unlike its sibling I imagine having its Mega form from the word go, and yes, it’s the X one because it is black with blue flames and receives a ton of favoritism from The Pokemon Company compared to Mega Charizard Y, which mirrors the dynamic between certain pair of fire-themed siblings with their dad)

Firelord Ozai
  • Turtonator (counterpart to Iroh’s Drampa)
  • Mega Houndoom (counterpart to Iroh’s Arcanine. Gets to be his Mega because Ozai’s the villain, so of course he’s gonna use all the OP gimmicks in his team)
  • Pyroar (referencing how he’s the leader of the Fire Nation just like Pyroar is based on the king of beasts. It could also be thought of as a counterpart to Azula’s Luxray)
  • Ho-oh (counterpart to Aang’s Lugia and reference to how Ozai crowned himself Phoenix King)
  • Heatran (tbh this one’s really only here so Ozai could have another Legendary on his team to properly be a match for Aang, but it’s a suitably powerful one. I guess I could have given him Mewtwo, but I don’t think a Pokemon created with modern technology fit A:tLA’s setting)
  • Gigantamax Charizard (yep, Ozai has a Charizard just like his kids, and his gets to Gigantamax as a parallel to the powerup from Sozin’s Comet, since the Dynamax phenomenon also originated from a meteor)
---
My Hero Academia Pokemon teams
I'm already making an AU of this series where the characters themselves are Pokemon, so just for funsies I decided to take a little crack at imagining an AU where they're all trainers instead (predictably and as a result, every character has the Pokemon I think they'd be if they were one in their teams XD). Note that I'm not gonna give teams to literally everyone because the MHA cast is hella big and I'd probably go insane if I tried; even if I kept it so that only major heroes/villains get full teams that's still a lot of people, so I just picked the characters I felt were the most important/easy to build teams for. Also, one of these teams is a manga spoiler, aaand there's obviously also anime spoilers in case there's anyone watching MHA but hasn't caught up with where the show is currently at, so be warned.
Izuku Midoriya
  • Eevee (…yeah, obviously, since this is the Pokemon I envision this kid as, as if my avatar didn’t give it away XD. It’s somewhat biased, since Eevee is one of my favorites, but I feel it’s a perfect fit for Izuku for many reasons: first, there’s Eevee’s signature Z-Move, which works very similarly to One for All, and it also helps that Eevee at the time of writing has exactly eight evolved forms just like how there are eight former wielders of OFA. Secondly, there’s the reveal that OFA has been saving up the quirks of its past users which have now begun to manifest so that Midoriya can use them, something that could be linked to the Partner Eevee moves. Lastly, both Izuku and Eevee are small and cute :p)
  • Shiny Tangela (I mean… just look at this thing and try to tell me it doesn’t have total Izuku energy: it’s green, it has red feet that look like Izuku’s red shoes, its vines sorta look like messy hair…)
  • Mareep (I feel like it’s appropriate to give Izuku an Electric-type Pokemon, since OFA typically manifests as lightning when he uses it, and Horikoshi has drawn Izuku as a sheep a couple of times, so by giving this kid a Mareep I kill two birds with one stone that way. It could also maybe become his designated Mega if/when it fully evolves)
  • Hitmonlee (because he adopted a more kick-based fighting style after wrecking his arms one time too many. Of course, Izuku would catch this guy as a Tyrogue and he’d evolve once Izuku starts mastering Shoot Style)
  • Cinderace (Izuku seems to have a lot of bunny motifs going on, and of all the rabbit Pokemon, this one fits him the best imo. I will admit I don’t think any of the Poke-rabbits we have so far are 100% perfect fits, but until we get one that I feel fits better, this one will do alright)
  • Blissey (given to him by Recovery Girl because this kid just keeps landing himself on the hospital, so clearly he needs a portable doctor to bail him out. Blissey is also secretly the MVP of Izuku’s team because they’re probably all just like their trainer and keep hurting themselves in the name of justice, so she’s gotta keep everyone alive and healthy)

Katsuki Bakugo
  • Typhlosion (let’s see, it’s a Fire-type, it has “explosion” in its name, it’s said to be temperamental and violent, and it uses explody fire attacks… yeah, no way this isn’t a good fit. Also, this is what Katsuki is in my AU)
  • Turtonator (another Fire-type with an exploding theme)
  • Magmortar (doesn’t have an exploding theme, but the way it shoots fire attacks from its arm cannons is highly reminiscent of how Katsuki’s explosions look when he wears his gauntlets)
  • Electrode (it’s probably the most famous user of the move Explosion. Plus, it’s an Electric-type, so it covers the general weakness to Water that Katsuki’s team has)
  • Primeape (both Katsuki and Primeape are spiky-haired beings with extremely short tempers who love to fight and beat up things)
  • Salamence (it’s said to become extremely arrogant upon evolving from Shelgon due to having finally achieved its dream of flying, which mirrors how Katsuki became prideful after his quirk manifested)

All Might
  • Jolteon (if Extreme Evoboost=One For All and Izuku Midoriya=Eevee, then it stands to reason that past AFO users=Eeveelutions, which of course includes All Might. Anyway, I gave him Jolteon because that’s what he is in my AU and because of the whole AFO manifesting as lightning thing. It’s also my favorite :p)
  • Braviary (to go with his American theme)
  • Machamp (obviously All Might had to get at least one Fighting-type on his team, and I went for Machamp because it’s sorta the classic one, reflecting how All Might himself is an homage to classic superheroes like Superman)
  • Mega Kangaskhan (as a reference to the master/apprentice bond that he has with Izuku, as well as the one he had with his own mentor Nana Shimura)
  • Xerneas (I felt like Xerneas’s status as a being of life and rebirth parallels how All Might is the Symbol of Peace)
  • Zygarde (it’s said to keep the Earth’s balance and arises to defend it, which fits All Might’s heroism perfectly. The fact that its true form is a small and weak creature also references All Might’s muscle and emaciated forms rather neatly)

Ochaco Uraraka
  • Espurr (this is what Ochaco is in my AU, so into her team it goes. It’s also a Psychic-type, which Ochaco definitely would have because it fits with her power to make things float)
  • Jigglypuff (not a Psychic-type, but it’s very floaty and also round and pink, so it’s still a good fit)
  • Elgyem (another Psychic-type, and this one also fits with Ochaco’s astronaut theme due to being based on an alien)
  • Minior (it’s based on a meteor, so it’s another astronaut analogy)
  • Gardevoir (yet more Psychic-types, and Garde’s said to be extremely caring and protective, which fits with Ochaco’s desire to save heroes when they’re the ones who need saving)
  • Reuniclus (yet another Psychic-type, and this one’s admittedly only here because I think it’s cute and therefore fits her on that basis alone :p)

Tenya Iida
  • Lucario (this is what Tenya is in my AU, and I picked it due to being one of the very few non-Legendaries that can learn Extreme Speed naturally, so it fits a speedster like Tenya perfectly. It’s also generally portrayed as honorable and no-nonsense, which also fits with his personality. Finally, it being part Steel-type could be seen as analogous to Tenya’s engine legs)
  • Hoennese Linoone (another non-Legendary Extreme Speed user, and this one actually gets STAB from it, so it makes sense Tenya would use it on his team)
  • Dragonair (another non-Legendary that gets Extreme Speed. Went for this instead of Dragonite because I feel it fits Tenya better aesthetically, though it may eventually evolve into a Dragonite anyway)
  • Ninjask (doesn’t learn Extreme Speed, but it is the original Speed Boost user, so I thought it fit)
  • Floatzel (with Swift Swim, Floatzel is the fastest Pokemon under rain, and it’s said to assist people who are drowning, so it also fits with Tenya’s heroism. Yeah, going full speed-theme with this team)
  • Gallade (Tenya seems to have a “knight in shining armor” motif going on, so I gave him a Gallade to reflect that. His has the Steadfast Ability because that one raises speed :p)

Shoto Todoroki
  • Alolan Vulpix (self-explanatory)
  • Kantonian Vulpix (self-explanatory)
  • Galarian Darmanitan with Zen Mode (due to it being a pure Ice-type that only becomes part Fire-type after a certain point in battle, it perfectly mirrors how Shoto started out exclusively relying on his ice until the tournament match against Izuku)
  • Zangoose (like Zuko, it represents his face scar. It also helps that it shares the same white-and-red color scheme as Todoroki)
  • Frosmoth (this and Volcarona are the only other Fire/Ice pairing left, so…)
  • Volcarona (see Frosmoth)

Endeavor
  • Emboar (this thing is literally just Endeavor as a Pokemon, to the point that out of literally every MHA character and Pokemon pairing, imo this one is by far the best match. Even their names are similar! I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Horikoshi took inspiration from Emboar when designing Endeavor, but if not it’s one heck of an awesome coincidence)
  • Kantonian Ninetales (since Shoto has the two Vulpixes, it makes sense that his dad would have the Fire Ninetales. Endeavor’s wife has the Alolan one, obviously)
  • Unovan Darmanitan (same deal as the Vulpix/Ninetales situation, and again his wife has the Galarian one but without the Zen Mode Ability)
  • Kantonian Rapidash (another Fire-type wreathed in flames)
  • Kantonian Moltres (since Endeavor is the #2 hero it does feel apt to give him a Legendary, though he gets only one and it’s also one that is far weaker than All Might’s two as a reference just how big the gap between the two men is)
  • Mega Charizard Y (its Drought Ability complements the rest of Endeavor’s team nicely)

Tomura Shigaraki
  • Shiny Grimmsnarl (I haven’t drawn this guy as a Pokemon yet, but this is what he is in my AU. I also have to say that this crusty-faced jerk gave me the hardest time when I was Pokefying everyone, but luckily someone came to my rescue and suggested Shiny Grimmsnarl to me, and I felt it was a good fit even if just because of pure physical resemblance alone. It also does help that the Impidimp family is described as cruel and sadistic and thriving from misery, so it does seem like something a villain would use)
  • Dragalgae (it has a lanky and shriveled appearance like Shiggy’s, and the acid it spits is said to be highly corrosive, which matches Shiggy’s Decay quirk)
  • Toxapex (another Water/Poison-type with highly corrosive poison. Toxapex is also a voracious predator towards Corsola and it’s said to leave only bits of it behind. With how horrifying Shigaraki generally is, this is right up his alley)
  • Mandibuzz (mainly because it wears the bones of its victims, which is analogous to Shigaraki wearing those severed hands. I know there’s also Marowak, but I felt Mandibuzz was a better fit because Marowak is powered by love for its deceased mother whereas Shigaraki’s hands were given to him as a way to suppress him, and he eventually becomes totally detached. Mandibuzz also acts as a counterpart to All Might’s Braviary)
  • Banette (this Pokemon’s whole thing is that it seeks revenge for being abandoned, and Shiggy’s eventually revealed to have a similar motivation)
  • Gyarados (said to be incredibly destructive, which matches with how Shigaraki generally goes about things. Also, not sure if this or Banette should be his Mega)

Himiko Toga
  • Zorua (its whole shtick is mimicking others’ appearances via illusions, fitting Toga’s quirk. It also generally giggles a lot in the anime, and Toga herself is often doing the same. Also yes, this is the Pokemon I chose to make her in my AU)
  • Ditto (same thing as Zorua, except this one actually transforms, which I’m aware technically fits Toga’s power better, but I didn’t want to make her just a blob :p)
  • Mimikyu (one of Toga’s reasons for her transformations is because she desperately wants to be the people she chooses to transform into out of a misguided desire to be loved, much like how Mimikyu dons a Pikachu costume because it thinks imitating the mouse will make others love it)
  • Beautifly (a very cute and unassuming-looking Pokemon that is nonetheless said to be a vicious bloodsucker. Seem familiar?)
  • Crobat (Toga has obvious vampire motifs, so I gave her a crobat because it is essentially a vampire bat)
  • Bewear (a Pokemon that shows affection in an extremely lethal way, admittedly in a different way that Toga does, but it’s still notable how they both hurt the ones they love)

Dabi
  • Shiny Kantonian Ninetales (just like dear old daddy and dear old baby brother, at last the kitsune family is complete. Dabi’s is the shiny one because of its blue color scheme)
  • Shiny Kantonian Ponyta (same as Ninetales. Also went with shiny Ponyta instead of shiny Rapidash because the latter regrettably loses the blue flames)
  • Houndoom (I felt like Dabi should have at least one Fire/Dark-type due to that combination fitting him so well, and Houndoom is by far the best fit out of the whopping two Pokemon with that type combination, as it’s said to produce fire so hot that the burns caused by it never heal, and it also has a bit of a “Grim Reaper” theme going on, and Dabi himself sort of has that as well)
  • Chandelure (bluish flames and soul consuming. Totally up Dabi’s alley)
  • Galarian Moltres (counterpart to his dad’s Kantonian one)
  • Mega Charizard X (counterpart to his dad’s Mega Y one. Which fits perfectly because this one also uses blue flames. Also, yes, I realize how similar the Todoroki family’s teams are to the Firelord family’s in A:tLA, but that’s mainly because they’re so similar to each other…)

All for One
  • Smeargle (it can learn literally every move ever just by sketching it, which could be seen as analogous to AfO being able to steal almost every quirk in existence)
  • Type: Null (representing the Nomu. AFO gets Type: Null instead of Silvally because I highly doubt this guy would ever meet the requirements needed to make Type: Null evolve)
  • Dracovish (another Nomu stand-in. I could have given AFO all four Galar Fossils, but that would have been too easy, so I just gave him the most OP one because I know it’s the one he’d pick)
  • Hydreigon (a violently destructive Pokemon for a violently destructive man. Hydreigon also sort of looks like a puppet master when you look at its three heads, which fits with how AFO has been manipulating literally everything from the shadows)
  • Yveltal (counterpart to All Might’s Xerneas and Zygarde. A being of death and destruction versus a guardian of life and rebirth and a keeper of balance)
  • Mega Mewtwo X (because if AFO existed in the Pokemon world I’d imagine he would have had something to do with Mewtwo’s creation. Mewtwo is also a powered-up clone of Mew, which can learn nearly every move, so it’s another parallel to AFO’s power. Anyway, he gets the X Mega because that’d be what he tried to beat All Might’s team with, just like how in their final fight he tried to kill the man by emulating a similar fighting style)

...okay, WOW, I really am bored today O.O;

Last edited:
Since this was necroposted, a few more I had sitting around for a while (again lol):

Shun Kakei (Eyeshield 21)
Golduck
Tentacruel
Empoleon
Barbaracle
Blastoise
Kingdra

Senku Ishigami (Dr. Stone)
Metang
Raichu
Leafeon
Ivysaur
Archeops
Type: Null

Xeno Houston Wingfield (Dr. Stone)
Metagross
Duraludon
Alakazam
Orbeetle
Oranguru
Silvally

Stanley Snyder (Dr. Stone)
Passimian
Octillery
Inteleon
Braviary
Lurantis
Garchomp

Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
Haxorus (shiny)
Arcanine
Alolan Marowak
Lucario
Bisharp
Aegislash

Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach)
Alolan Sandslash
Alolan Ninetales
Froslass
Skarmory
Shedinja
Dragapult

Asuna (Sword Art Online)
Florges
Alcremie
Togekiss
Gardevoir
Indeedee (female)
Milotic

Ryota Kise (Kuroko's Basketball)
Meowstic (male)
Ambipom
Boltund
Grumpig
Smeargle
Jolteon

I'm not sure if it'd count as a proper cartoon, but it's one of my favorite YouTube animations and it IS based on Scooby Doo, so I'm counting it XD

Vivi Yukino
  • Kantonian Ninetales (this is Mystery, as he’s her pet. Went for the Kantonian one because that one looks more like Mystery and matches better with his powers in general)
  • Squirtle (because turtles are her favorite animal, and I feel that of the currently existing turtle Pokemon Squirtle matches up with her the best)
  • Glaceon (Vivi is heavily associated with the element of ice, and she’s quite cute, so obviously she deserves to have a cute Ice-type)
  • Froslass (besides adding to the ice elemental motifs alongside Glaceon, Froslass being part Ghost-type alludes to Vivi’s love for mysteries and scary stuff, as well as her own supernatural abilities)
  • Greninja (representing her ancestor, who was a ninja)
  • Azelf (I think the Lake Guardians match up well with the Mystery Skull trio in general sue to their color schemes and personalities; Vivi gets Azelf both because it’s blue and because as the being of Willpower it references how Vivi is the leader of the group as well as the bravest)

Arthur Kingsmen
  • Magnezone (Arthur is the mechanic of the group and his elemental motif appears to be electricity. Magnezone is perfect for him with those things in mind)
  • Klinklang (same as above but with more specific emphasis in the mechanic part)
  • Togedemaru (Arthur’s favorite animal is hamsters and he even has two of them, so really any Pikaclone could have fit here, but I went for Togedemaru mainly because that’s the signature Pokemon of Sophocles, who is also a mechanic, so it fit Arthur’s theme the most by association)
  • Alolan Raichu (referencing Arthur’s favorite type of pizza, which is something called “Surf’s Up”)
  • Combusken (representing how Arthur is the “chicken” of the group)
  • Uxie (as the being of Knowledge, Uxie matches with Arthur because he’s sort of the smart guy due to being the most tech-savvy)

Lewis Pepper
  • Alolan Marowak (well, it’s sort of a skeleton, and it has fire powers, so it’s by far the best match for Lewis especially in his undead state. I also imagine this was a Cubone prior to his death and only evolved after)
  • Houndoom (another Fire-type with a skeletal motif, if subtler than Alolan Marowak’s)
  • Drifblim (because it physically resembles the Deadbeats, which are those little purple ghosties that accompany him everywhere)
  • Dusnkoir (it’s based on the Grim Reaper and said to drag people into the underworld, which is similar to the kind of revenge Lewis was trying to get on Arthur)
  • Gengar (mainly because it’s a powerful Ghost-type that I think fits him)
  • Mesprit (completing the Lake Trio, Lewis gets the being of Emotion because of his revenge-based motivation and the fact that one of the few things he remembers at first is his love for Vivi. He’s also said to have had romance as his favorite genre. All of this marks Lewis as the most “emotional” of the group in a sense)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom