• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that could be other Types

Tynamo, Eelektrik and Eelektross should all be Water/Electric in my opinion.

Those three were designed to be Electric-types that have no weaknesses -- while logically it makes sense they'd have the water-type thrown in as well, they would gain weaknesses that nullifies the effect that GF was going for.

Why is Samurott not part Fighting?

And going back to first gen, Ninetales could've totally been Fire/Psychic before we ever got Victini.

I think Charizard should be Fire/dragon since he seems to able to learn bunch of dragon moves, and looks like a dragon.
No. Charizard isn't a dragon type for a reason. It would overpower the other 2 starters. It only learns those dragon moves because it is reptillian.
Fire/Dragon is a very potent offensive typing. It would have been unstoppable up until Heatran came along.
Tynamo, Eelektrik and Eelektross should all be Water/Electric in my opinion.
Those three were designed to be Electric-types that have no weaknesses -- while logically it makes sense they'd have the water-type thrown in as well, they would gain weaknesses that nullifies the effect that GF was going for.
I think it's cool to have water-dwelling creatures that aren't water type. They should do the same thing for various kinds of plants and other things that they may make as pokemon--it would break alot of monotony and create pokemon without a sea of similar pokemon as competitors.
Why is Samurott not part Fighting?

And going back to first gen, Ninetales could've totally been Fire/Psychic before we ever got Victini.
I like Victini's and Zen-Darmanitan's typing. Reading Darmanitan's White pokedex entry, it has a "fiery mind" thing going on. Victini's Black entry can give a similar feel.

Mawile - Ghost/Dark
ghost because it's origin is a Japanese ghost/yokai.
dark because of it's deceiving nature/personality.

I agree that Mawile's steel type doesn't make sense, but if I decided on its type I probably would've made it normal/dark or normal/ghost since it's kinda like Girafarig in that one side is normal and the other side is special.

Sceptile: Grass/Dragon
Accelgor: Bug/Dark
Whismicott: Grass/Flying
Golduck: Water/Psychic
Gothitelle: Psychic/Dark
Empoleon: Water/Ice
Serperior: Grass/Poison
Vanilluxe: Ice/Water
Crygonal: Ice/Steel
Beartic: Ice/Fighting
Cofagrigus: Ghost/Steel
Heatmor: Fire/Ground
Electivire: Electric/Fighting
Magmortar: Fire/Ground
Druddigon: Dragon/Rock
Manaphy: Psychic/Water

I have been thinking about this and i think that conkeldurr should be rock/fighting.
Its not bad the way it is but:
1)Its carrying slabs.
2)It can learn many rock attacks on its own.

Emboar: Fire/Dark
Infernape: Fire/Pyschic (to represent a monkeys high intelligence)
Confagrigus: Ghost/Steel (it's a coffin for crying out loud)
Gothitelle: Psychic/Dark (it has a gothic design so it makes sense)
Golduck: Water/Psychic
Mawhile:Dark

I think it's cool to have water-dwelling creatures that aren't water type. They should do the same thing for various kinds of plants and other things that they may make as pokemon--it would break alot of monotony and create pokemon without a sea of similar pokemon as competitors.

Certainly. Too bad they decided to do this in Unova in Tynamo's case, due to the lack of actually useful Water pokémon in that region...

I do think Gothitelle should be Psychic/Dark. For me, it seems to fit it. Also, I think as someone noted that Dunsparce should be at least partially Ground (though I'd rather see he'd be pure Ground). Why they opted for Normal is beyond me. Also, perhaps Gligar as Flying/Poison?

I still think Mawile should have been Dark/Steel-type. The Steel type is its pointer to the steel horns that grew into jaws, but WHY DOES IT NOT HAVE THAT DARK TYPE!? It's obviously a deceptive Pokemon (hence its classification: Deceiver Pokemon), and it learns a hell of a lot of Dark-type moves (Crunch, Sucker Punch, Fake Tears, Thief, Punishment, and more). Plus, it'd go well with its counterpartnership with the Dark/Ghost-type Sableye.

Masquerain - retain partial Water type
Lumineon/Finneon - gain partial Bug type

Yeh (. .)

Tynamo line should be Water. I'm sure this one is mentioned alot.

I don't think I need to explain, but, they're eels!

---

And Porygon line, I always thought it was Electric...

I've always gotten like...a Dark/Steel vibe from Staraptor. Don't ask me to explain it. Because I can't. I dunno. He should be Flying / Steel or Flying / Dark, IMO

I always thought that a Fighting subtype would fit Electivire. Most of it's battling techniques involve using fists, so why not?

I was also a bit disappointed to find that Luxray isn't Electric/Dark as I thought it to be. The yellow-red eyes and pitch-black fur all screamed "Dark" to me.

I also agree with Druddigon, Masquerain, Samurott, Emboar and Serperior retypes. It almost seems like GF is afraid to test some new typings, especially on starters (3rd Fire/Fighting starter in a row? Oh come on!)

I think Noctowl, psyduck and golduck should all be part psychic. Venomoth in my opinion should be bug/psychic. its psychic abilities seem more defined then their poison.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom