• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that could be other Types

Drapion - part Bug-type
Flygon - part Bug-type
Cofagrigus - part Rock or Ground-type

Drapion and Flygon look like bugs, and are also based on bugs or bug-like creatures. Drapion is based on a scorpion, and Flygon is based on a dragonfly. Cofagrigus should be part Rock-type or part Ground-type. It's based on a coffin, and coffins are usually sturdy structures.

Why isn't the Klink line part Electric? They learn a whole bunch Of Electric Type moves, and their abilities are Plus and Minus.
Samurott should be part Fighting.

Drapion - part Bug-type
Flygon - part Bug-type
Cofagrigus - part Rock or Ground-type

Drapion and Flygon look like bugs, and are also based on bugs or bug-like creatures. Drapion is based on a scorpion, and Flygon is based on a dragonfly. Cofagrigus should be part Rock-type or part Ground-type. It's based on a coffin, and coffins are usually sturdy structures.
No Flygon is based on an Antlion.

I still think Mawile should have been Dark/Steel-type. The Steel type is its pointer to the steel horns that grew into jaws, but WHY DOES IT NOT HAVE THAT DARK TYPE!? It's obviously a deceptive Pokemon (hence its classification: Deceiver Pokemon), and it learns a hell of a lot of Dark-type moves (Crunch, Sucker Punch, Fake Tears, Thief, Punishment, and more). Plus, it'd go well with its counterpartnership with the Dark/Ghost-type Sableye.

^ THIS SO MUCH!

I also always thought that Banette could have been a Ghost/Dark. The way it seeks revenge, it strikes me as a dark-ish Pokémon. It also learns quite a few Dark moves, and his strongest stat is Attack. But I guess they didn't want to over-do it with the "no weakness" types :x anyway, the Ghost type alone isn't that bad, I guess...

I've always thought that Lucario could easily be Fighting/Psychic or Dark as apposed to a Steel-type.

And once I was pretty sure that Solrock was Psychic/Fire or Rock/Fire.

I think Staraptor should be part fighting, and Huntail seems like it could be part steel, or rock at least.

mawile- dark or steel dark
gyarados- dragon water
groudon- fire ground
charizard- fire dragon
pinsir- bug steel
Lapras- water steel (?) if his back is metal

Last edited:
Lapras- water steel (?) if his back is metal

But... it's not metal - it's a shell.

I keep thinking that Elgyem and Beheeyem are Psychic/Rock types. I'm not sure why, either. They look kinda rocky, so it could have been possible for them to be part Rock-type...

But... it's not metal - it's a shell.

I keep thinking that Elgyem and Beheeyem are Psychic/Rock types. I'm not sure why, either. They look kinda rocky, so it could have been possible for them to be part Rock-type...

They look Psychic/Steel to me. They're like floating computer robots.

They look Psychic/Steel to me. They're like floating computer robots.

That too. I never thought of that. Nice.

I think Emboar should have been Fire/Dark. It looks evil. It doesn't look like a Fighting-type - it's too fat. People say that Serperior should have been a Grass/Dragon-type, too. As much as I love the idea, I don't think there will ever be a Dragon-type starter.

I always thought Charizard was Fire/Dragon until I played Gen III. It should be, based on how it looks like.

Swellow being Normal/Flying. Considering it's colors, I thought it would be Dark/Flying, but I guess I was wrong.

Lucario - I never knew it was part Steel-type. I only realized it when I sent out my Buneary against Maylene's lucario, giving up all hope and pressing Jump Kick... which was "super effective" and KO'd it. It was so... unpredictable. I think Lucario should be Dark/Fighting rather than having the steel type.

Certainly. Too bad they decided to do this in Unova in Tynamo's case, due to the lack of actually useful Water pokémon in that region...

I do think Gothitelle should be Psychic/Dark. For me, it seems to fit it. Also, I think as someone noted that Dunsparce should be at least partially Ground (though I'd rather see he'd be pure Ground). Why they opted for Normal is beyond me. Also, perhaps Gligar as Flying/Poison?
Ah, you quoted me in stealth.

Gothitelle's typing is fine as is, though I could easily (of course) see Gothitelle's typing as Psychic/Dark--I like Gothitelle being vulnerable to Bug, Dark, and Ghost attacks--it just makes sense, I think, being gothic.

Dunsparce's typing change would certainly be alright; I don't know how I'd recieve the Gligar type change--Gligar is essentially a Poison type anyway, as it can benefit from the poison condition, or else be immune to it, in both stages.
I used to think Sudowoodo is grass type. It is actually rock type.
Pseudo-wood-o, ha ha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dragon/Rock for Druddigon is a good suggestion, and I'd like if Masquerain has somehow retaied Surskit's Water typing. (Bug/Water/Levitate perhaps? Or, perhaps, left vulnerable to Ground, like Venemoth...)

... and I'll have my own suggestion eventually.

Last edited:
I'd have loved for Masquerain to keep the Bug/Water typing. I used to think Dunsparce was a Normal/Flying-type, but it being Ground/Flying-type would be good. Its Pokédex entry says that it burrows into the ground and makes a nest to live in, so it makes sense.

I don't think Lucario should be a Dark/Fighting-type. In the anime, Lucario are shown as a Pokémon that accompanies a hero-like character (Sir Aaron), right? Its Dream World ability is Justified, too, so it seems like a Pokémon that fights darkness. A Dark-typing wouldn't really fit in.

bonsly/sudowoodo should be rock/grass or something like that.

druddigon should be dragon/flying or have it as dragon/rock and give it levitate other wise not much point in having wings

I think Cofagrigus could be either Ghost/Steel or Ghost/Rock, with it being a coffin and all.

Yeesh no need to dispute everything in here, the title is 'could be'. I though Golett was ice/dragon because of where it's found, luckily it isn't, but it's type still is a bit wierd. Other than that, Sudowoodo, Chimeco or Spinda.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom