• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that could be other Types

I think Emboar should've been fire/ground (because pigs like to roll around in mud), and like many others have said, Samurott and Dewott should be water/fighting and Serperior should be grass/dragon. That's really it though.

Stoutland, I think, should be part-ground. As he's a dog, and I think dogs have an affinity with the ground somehow...
Audino should be part psychic. It can learn quite a few psychic moves.

Volbeat and Ilumise shoulda been part ELECTRIC?
XD;

I mean...another word for fire flies. Is LIGHTNING bugs, I believe. *EPIC FACE PALM*

Aren't we getting a little off topic?[/] [Reply is to this. I spliced the quote.] Anyway, I suppose Samurott and Emboar could be partially Fighting and Dark respectively. Golett and Golurk appear to be made of reflective metal, so Ghost/Steel wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
If you're determining what the Dark type is, then you're not off topic. That said, Umbreon has to do with moonlight and Sableye has to do with dark caves (though it is apparently mischievous). As with Psychic types (which represents some various magic pokemon and others), the type represents quite a few things. (I'd offer that it represents "elemental"/scientific darkness somewhat, the absence of light.)
Tropius.

It does not look like a flier.
Tropius should be Grass/Dragon with Fly.
I so want to agree with you both--I agree more, kinda, with the lady who made a general statement. Tropius shouldn't be the Flying type, because it's hard to picture the pokemon flying in battle. The typing has effect in battle and little effect elsewhere. I'd leave it the move Fly like the Trekkie offered, though I wouldn't necessarily make Tropius Grass/Dragon--and that's in spite of the fact that I've advocated for an evolution for Tropius with the typing. (A part of me wants Gens 1-4 closed, and another wants Gens 1-4 "completed" before any closure [with evolutions finished off for various pokemon].)

I can't think of another typing for Tropius just now... Grass/Ground?

Swoobat doesn't look like a Psychic type to me. I think maybe Pure Flying or Normal/Flying would fit it better.
Why isn't Druddigon a rock type?...
Darkrai needs to be Dark/Ghost.
Lucario should be Fighting/Psychic (Where the hell did they get Steel from?)
Luxray should be Electric/Dark.
Lugia should be Water/Psychic.
Samurott should be Water/Fighting.
Sceptile should be part Ground.

I agree that Dewott and Samurott should be Water/Fighting and then Serperior should be Grass/Dragon.

Mawile annoys me *so much*. If not a pure dark type, it should at least have it as a secondary type. Seriously, go look at its description and tell me it's not darrk. It doesn't even seem like that much of a steel pokemon to me...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom