• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that could be other Types

I think Cofagrigus could be either Ghost/Steel or Ghost/Rock, with it being a coffin and all.

Sarcophagi, which Cofagrigus are designed in reference to, were made of rock, but they could also be made of clay or wood. It's a nice idea, but it would make as much sense for it to be part Grass or Ground-type. It having a secondary type would have been nice, though.

I think Sceptile should have been something other than just Grass. Flying? Dragon? Bug? Fighting? I'm not sure but that never sat right with me. Samurott should have been Fighting or Steel.

Am I the only Aerodactyl person here? I'm surprised no one's mentioned that Aerodactyl desperately wants to be Dragon/Rock.
And Druddigon screams Dragon/Fighting to me for some reason. I suppose because of the arms.

Am I the only Aerodactyl person here? I'm surprised no one's mentioned that Aerodactyl desperately wants to be Dragon/Rock.
And Druddigon screams Dragon/Fighting to me for some reason. I suppose because of the arms.
Aerodactyl's typing is perfectly fine, especially since "Levitate" first existed in Gen 3.

Druddigon would've made a good Dragon/Rock pokemon though.

Ninetales: Fire/Psychic
Psyduck/Golduck: Water/Psychic
Politoed: Water/Psychic
Electivire: Electric/Fighting
Azurll: Water
Charizard: Fire/Dragon
Blastoise: Water/Steel
Gyarados: Water/Dragon
Milotic: Water/Dragon

Am I the only one who thinks Gothita and its evos? They should be Psychic/Dark, or even pure Dark.

This may be biased, however, because my second favorite Pokémon is Gothorita and my favorite type is Dark.

Although they are Goth.

Cofagrigus - Ghost/Ground
Palkia / Dialga - Dagon/Psychic
Celebi - Grass/Psychic instead of reverse
Charizard - Fire/Dragon
Garados - Water/Dragon

Also, incorporating flying types for Pokemon like Heracross. Basically a third type, balancing out weaknesses/resistances again lightning/rock. Example Heracross would gain weakness to rock while flying. Though, all flying should have option to fly or land. Another example Hercacross flying would become Bug/Fighting/Flying and a landed Togekiss would become Normal.

Gyarados should've been either Water/Dragon (Though I can understand why they didn't) or jusr pure water(He doesn't even LOOK like a flying type and he only learns Bounce) Milotic should be Water/Dragon as well if Gyarados sonce she is his counterpart.

and I don't see the Gasly line being poison I mean they learn more Dark types then poison... hell they don't even learn poison movrs naturally so Ghost/Dark (though they would be way overpowered) or pure ghost

Golurk again. It should be a Rock/Ghost.

Remember, the Golems of Jewish mythology are made of clay, not rock. Though to add to the confusion, Golurk admittedly looks more like he's made of metal than anything :|

Jellicent looks it should be anything but a Ghost type, the fact that the typing was slapped at the last minute as an afterthought really shows. I Suppose that would make it less unique and useful though.

Am I the only one who thinks Gothita and its evos? They should be Psychic/Dark, or even pure Dark.

This may be biased, however, because my second favorite Pokémon is Gothorita and my favorite type is Dark.

Although they are Goth.

There's nothing particularly "Dark" (read: wicked/sneaky/cruel) about the goth lolis, they're fortune tellers which fits their typing fine.

^^ Not all Dark types are evil. Umbreon isn't, and Absol is just misunderstood. Stereotypically, fortune tellers are shady characters that are not to be trusted.

Besides, the entire style of Goth is based on blackness, meaning part of Goth Lolita is too (the other part is sort of steampunk).

So Psychic/Dark makes sense after all.

I think...

^^ Not all Dark types are evil. Umbreon isn't, and Absol is just misunderstood. Stereotypically, fortune tellers are shady characters that are not to be trusted.

Besides, the entire style of Goth is based on blackness, meaning part of Goth Lolita is too (the other part is sort of steampunk).

So Psychic/Dark makes sense after all.

I think...

um.. Pike Queen... you triple posted...

^^ I'm sorry, that was all a really dumb Internet mistake. I will proceed to delete them now.

^^ I think Darkrai is pretty mean... but it has a good side.

All Pokémon have a good side.

Aren't we getting a little off topic? Anyway, I suppose Samurott and Emboar could be partially Fighting and Dark respectively. Golett and Golurk appear to be made of reflective metal, so Ghost/Steel wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Emboar could be Fire/Dark (though it is also logical as Fire/Fighting), and Unown could be Normal

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom