• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon That Creep You Out?

Well, the guy that made the models was already known for his creepy "realistic" designs, so I feel that there is someone on the team making him tone down the creepiness. Just search for realistic Mewtwo in Google and you will see what I mean.

I'm sure he is a fine artist, but I do have to question what in the world would bring them to hire him. Pokemon is not a horror/shock value series. Detective Pikachu's branding isn't any different, so these overtly creepy for no reason designs stick out like a sore thumb.

I don't think I've ever mentioned this one on this forum before. But after seeing the Regis were in Pokemon Go again, I remembered one. Regice is absolutely terrifying for me, and its mostly because of childhood memory. I was terrified of robots, and frankly still am, so the Regis already kind of creep me out to begin with. And then I'm 10 years old, watching Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. And Regice appears letting out that cry. Regice fueled my nightmares for weeks after that. And to this day, I still get seriously creeped out by it.

I'm easily creeped out by pretty much anything, but I honestly can not think of a single Pokemon that is terrifying to me off the top of my head. Cofagrigus is probably the closest, and its purely because of its description that it can eat people and turn them into mummies. That is super creepy. The actual design of it is too silly for me to take seriously, but that description...

Paras, Venomoth, and (I think) Anorith’s eyes following you no matter how you rotate their 3D model in recent games is kinda unsettling.

Kabutops and Gorebyss based on some of their dex entries (something about sucking fluids out of their prey), I think they're cool though. I guess Smoochum and Gothita are sort of creepy in a way that makes me not like them.

Even though it's one of my favourite legendaries in its regular form, Kyurem.
The place in which you can find it is surrounded by a gloomy atmosphere and I did not know anything about this legendary when playing with Pokémon Black for the first time. So, I remember my heart beating fast back in that day because I was deeply curious to find out what the secret of that mountain, only findable post-game was. Pretty much this is the reason why I still find it to be creepy.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom