• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that Need Evolutions

Re: Pokemon which deserve evolutions, and don't have them?

The Electric Type Rodents. Pikachu has a pre-evolution and and evolution. So Minun, Plusle, Pachirisu, and Emolga all should get one. Minun and Plusle should get a pre-evolution that connects them. (like tyrogue with hitmonlee and hitmonchan) It could have either minus or plus and evolve into either mouse depending on it's ability. Also it should be normal type. (minun is negatively charged like an electron, plusle is positively charged like a proton, therefore their pre-evolution should have no charge like a neutron.)

Sableye, Banette, A final evolution to the Onix line (one after Steelix that could be a Fire/Steel or Dark/Steel), Sandslash (maybe a Fire/Ground type), Absol, Mawile, Rapidash, and Arcanine. Oh, and an evolution for Lapras... ah, that would be nice...

Sableye, Banette, A final evolution to the Onix line (one after Steelix that could be a Fire/Steel or Dark/Steel), Sandslash (maybe a Fire/Ground type), Absol, Mawile, Rapidash, and Arcanine. Oh, and an evolution for Lapras... ah, that would be nice...

No just no... Steelix is bad enough do you want to face an evolite Steelix? He'd he be a nightmare to take down... and yeah Starmie does not need an evo... he's already amazng as it is. an evo would probbuly be Uber...

Jynx, I want to see how much uglier they can make it XD

And if Magmar and Electabuzz got evos, why not Jynx?

No just no... Steelix is bad enough do you want to face an evolite Steelix? He'd he be a nightmare to take down... and yeah Starmie does not need an evo... he's already amazng as it is. an evo would probbuly be Uber...

Which is my point. It would be horrendous to take one down, but it would be a pretty nice addition to your team, making it awful to take down for others.

I'd like Lapras to get an evolution. Possibly Ice/Dragon type.

Starmie [...] It'd become amazing in competitive battles :x

It already is...

Why is everyone attacking me for saying that Starmie would have a great evolution if it could? I have a right to address my ideas and whatever the hell else I want to. I know Starmie is already good, I did say that if you read my reply to someone else. Also if you read that reply you'd know my answer.

Starmie [...] It'd become amazing in competitive battles :x

It already is...

Why is everyone attacking me for saying that Starmie would have a great evolution if it could? I have a right to address my ideas and whatever the hell else I want to. I know Starmie is already good, I did say that if you read my reply to someone else. Also if you read that reply you'd know my answer.

I don't think you understand what attacking someone really is...

And you're free to post your opinion, just like they are free to reply to it. Freedom works both ways.

@Sublime

Oh my god... it's the third time someones responded to my idea about Starmie. I don't get why I should have to explain myself three times? lol.

@Sublime

Oh my god... it's the third time someones responded to my idea about Starmie. I don't get why I should have to explain myself three times? lol.

No I was replying to you accusing people of attacking you. I guess you didn't really read my post at all.

@Sublime

No I was replying to you accusing people of attacking you. I guess you didn't really read my post at all.

I was replying to you also. I get what you're saying, I know what you mean but it is annoying having to tell people over and over why I think Starmie should have an evolution. If I can't justify why then why does it matter? I don't play competitively, I collect. So I don't give a shit about stats and everything to do with them. I only breed for IVS and EV train occasionally for people who do want Pokemon for competitive battles. Like I said before, I shouldn't have to justify my reasons. /End of. I hate arguing.

Oh, and

@VirtualAnomaly

A Steelix evolution would be cool, but then I think they'd give it to Jasmine.. and I already hate her steelix. So I hope they don't make one. :mad:

I'd like Lapras to get an evolution. Possibly Ice/Dragon type.

Lapras is already good enough to handle on its own (plus its EV points shows it can't have an evolution, only a pre-evo). It just needs Shell Smash in its movepool.

@Ghetsis-Dennis

A pre-lapras would be good, I imagine it'd be like a Munchlax/Snorlax thing where you can only breed with a certain item. Could be a dragon or ice type as well as water, but i don't know how that'd play out once evolving. Unless like Manaphy's pre, it doesn't evolve into Lapras.

Magcargo would like one, it desperately wants better attacking stats and Fire/Rock is actually a pretty good offensive typing. With slightly more speed (maybe base 50?) and more solid offenses it would be able to abuse Shell Smash decently.

I'd also like to see Masquerain get an evolution that regains the Bug/Water typing of Surskit. That with Quiver Dance and Intimidate would be amazing.

Magcargo would like one, it desperately wants better attacking stats and Fire/Rock is actually a pretty good offensive typing. With slightly more speed (maybe base 50?) and more solid offenses it would be able to abuse Shell Smash decently.

I'd also like to see Masquerain get an evolution that regains the Bug/Water typing of Surskit. That with Quiver Dance and Intimidate would be amazing.

Unfortunately, we have to realize that a cross gen evolution will be determined by the Pokemon's total base stats since GF doesn't want any regular Pokemon to go around base 500, and regional rodents/birds/bugs traditionally do not receive evolutions.

I'd love to see a Mightyena evolution myself. It's one of my all time favourites, and I'd just love to if they could make it even cooler! An absol pre-evo would be amazing, too.

Starmie technically cannot evolve, because it would be committing two taboos at once:

1) No Pokemon that has evolved with an evolutionary stone, has ever evolved again. Perhaps more importantly...
2) Its stats are much too high. The highest-stat Pokemon that evolves, is Porygon2, whose base stat total is 5 points less than Starmie's.
Furthermore, you can see for yourself by looking at other Pokemon whose BSTs are the same as Starmie's: Flygon, Klinklang, Chandelure...

For me, I'd like to see a pre-evolution of Aerodactyl and Skarmory. For Aerodactyl, probably something like a gray Archen and for Skarmory a smaller flightless bird with more innocent eyes. I'd also want a Spinda evolution; it's such a shame that it can't abuse Superpower with its DW ability since it's slow. Imagine Spinda's evolution with Contrary, Superpower and better stats, well, it would get a spotlight in UU if not in OU. What I really want is Mawile. It really looks like a potent Pokemon if given an evolution. Also, Mawile is pretty awesome, it pleases me aestethically. Other Pokemon would be Miltank, Tauros, Pinsir, Heracross, and Seaking.

Pre evo:
Heracross
Scyther
Pinsir
Tauros
Miltank
Lapras
Onix
Aerodactyl

Evos:
Parasect
Mawile
Primeape(A freaking monstrous gorilla)
Surskit(cross one that stays water/bug)
Jynx
Hypno
Eevee(Still needs a dragon one to complete the special side)
Banette
Altaria
Spinda
Farfetch'd
Stantler
Rapidash

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom