• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that Need Evolutions

Re: Pokemon which deserve evolutions, and don't have them?

Pre evo:
Scyther
Onix

Evos:
Parasect
Eevee(Still needs a dragon one to complete the special side)

But... Scyther and Onix only have 1 EV yield, and Parasect has 3. Also, physical/special moves aren't tied to elemental type anymore.

I agree with the rest of your ideas, though.
Here are my ideas for them:

- PREVOS -
Heracross and Pinsir should have the same prevo, who evolves according to... moveset, maybe? Megahorn and X-Scissor?
Tauros, Miltank AND Bouffalant should have the same prevo, who evolves according to gender, and something else for Bouffalant.

- EVOS -
Mawile: Should look like this. Maybe Steel/Ghost type. Three immunities, eight resistances, only two weaknesses.
Primeape: You already described Primeape's evo, I agree with you. Too many monkey Pokemon, not enough apes.
Surskit: Branch evo, retains the Bug/Water typing. Giant water beetle.
Banette: Its hat should become a claw, that hangs above the actual Pokemon, holding it up with wires. Evolves by trading with held item.
Altaria's is easy: Thunder cloud, with lightning streaking out of it. Maybe Dragon/Electric type, probably not.
Spinda: Actual panda bear, holding a bamboo staff of sorts.
Stantler: Moose. Shaggy, woolly, hairy moose.
Rapidash: Pegasus unicorn. Fire/Flying type.

Pre evo:
Scyther
Onix

Evos:
Parasect
Eevee(Still needs a dragon one to complete the special side)

But... Scyther and Onix only have 1 EV yield, and Parasect has 3. Also, physical/special moves aren't tied to elemental type anymore.
It doesn't hurt to change the EV's given(They did it to Roselia in DP).

Starmie [...] It'd become amazing in competitive battles :x

It already is...

Why is everyone attacking me for saying that Starmie would have a great evolution if it could? I have a right to address my ideas and whatever the hell else I want to. I know Starmie is already good, I did say that if you read my reply to someone else. Also if you read that reply you'd know my answer.

The thread that you started has 'deserve' in the title. Starmie doesn't deserve an evolution. There are far more deserving Pokemon like Banette, Lapras (@Sublime Ice/Dragon for it sounds interesting despite the weaknesses it would get)

If disagreeing with someone means I'm attacking them, then I don't know what to say.

I could list off a bunch of no-brainer evos, like Sableye and Dunsparce, but instead...

Beheeyem evo: Tripod Pokemon, visibly much larger than Beheeyem and Elgyem. Retains the bell-shaped head of Beheeyem as its "cockpit", with even more black markings. Has a green "windshield" in place of eyes, and the classic set of tricolor lasers directly below. In place of its old limbs, it has three spindly legs, disproportionately long in comparison to its prevos and its own head. Each leg ends in tricolor "graspers". I'm thinking Psychic/Steel type, but that's already been done with Metagross and Bronzong, so I'm not too sure.

EDIT: Its name should be Yeweffoe.

Last edited:

One for Pachirisu. Evolve with either a thunder stone or happiness, or both. But hopefully it will keep its ability, because I find it useful that it can find items for you.

One for Pachirisu. Evolve with either a thunder stone or happiness, or both. But hopefully it will keep its ability, because I find it useful that it can find items for you.

I would prefer the evolution got an ability that could make it viable in combat, otherwise the evolution is rather pointless.

I would prefer the evolution got an ability that could make it viable in combat, otherwise the evolution is rather pointless.

Yes, that would be useful, still I find it annoying that evolutions lose their pick up ability. But since Pachirisu has two abilities, the evolution should be able to have that also, so that you can choose; an in-game Pachirisu evolution or a competitive evolution.

Hmm...looking through the entire Pokedex on Serebii...
1) Rapidash. I could see a fast, competitive Fire type with a typing or ability that makes it not take so much from Stealth Rock. Though a Dark Horse seems cool too.
2) FARFETCH'D. He's a duck. With a Leek. He even surpasses Magikarp as the most widely known joke pokemon there is. He needs a BEAST of an evolution. Flying/Fighting! Two Leeks! Brave Bird and Close Combat! Some kind of unique move involving Leeks! (Leek Spin, hahaha...) But yes. Absolutely. Should be top of anyone's evolution list.
2.5) Tentacruel. Missed this one, so I'm adding it. Water/Poison is a nice typing, and with high Speed and Special Defense, Tentacruel is pretty good. Give him higher Speed to Spin and Toxic Spikes, and a better ability, and you've got yourself a behemoth. And also, Cthulhu. *Nods knowingly*
3) Weezing. The world needs a defensive Poison/Dark with Levitate. Perhaps patch up Weezing's Special Defense and HP a bit as well. That'd be nice.
4) Mr. Mime. Better Special Attack, better Speed, not murdered by everything that can hit it Physically, etc... and he's so lame-looking as well. He needs to be more useful and more BA.
5) Jynx. Pretty much same argument as Mr. Mime. Jynx suffers from being "almost good." Lovely Kiss, higher Speed and excellent unique Offensive typing in Ice/Psychic would make Jynx's evolution great.
5) Tauros. This Bull suffers from pretty good stats, but a Normal typing to use them with. Mayhaps a Normal/Ground evolution, with STAB Earthquake and Double Edge/Return? That'd be pretty good, I think, along with a small boost to speed (to keep up with creep) and a decent boost to Attack (so he doesn't become a poor man's insert-better-physical-sweeper-here)
6) Snorlax. Before you start yelling, hear me out here. Snorlax, though OU since RBY, has been an underpowered OU pokemon since Gen II. An evolution, with higher Attack and higher Special Defense, would not hurt him one bit, and maybe fix his typing a bit, giving him a secondary STAB and such. And Eviolite Snorlax would be really interesting. Another idea for Snorlax would be to give Munchlax an alternate evolution, that has Snorlax's stats but reversed (110 Special Attack, 110 Defense, 65 Attack, 65 Special Defense). But a Snorlax evolution would really be in order to keep up with the powerhouses that BW have brought us.
7) Aerodactyl. Yeah, I know, I know. He's been the same for a long time. But the difference is that he just isn't that good a Pokemon anymore. My favorite lead of DP has fallen, and though I am happy I can use him in UU now, it's just not the same. He needs an evolution with a better movepool, better attack and maybe a few points more speed. That would be in order to bring a prominently good pokemon back into use. Ooh, as justification, make him evolve with some new Stone or something that didn't exist back in prehistoric times.
8) Noctowl. Ghost/Flying would be a nice type, maybe with Magic Guard to increase his viability, or Compoundeyes to make Hypnosis easier to do. Higher Special Attack and Speed or Defense, HP, and Special Defense, depending on whether GF wants to make it offensive or defensive. Sorely needed, though.
9) Ariados. It should be like a trapdoor spider pokemon, with 130 base speed, good base attack, Spider Web, Taunt, and other decent moves.
10) Lanturn. Needs higher defenses and better moves. Resisting Boltbeam needs to be capitalized on more.
11) Xatu. Look, Gamefreak, I saw what you did with Xatu. Took an awful pokemon, gave it (arguably) the best ability in the game, and called it good. Well, what we need is not a UU/RU Espeon. We need a better Psychic/Flying pokemon that isn't Lugia or annoying (read: Sigilyph). Better sweeping stats and a better ability. I don't even care if you take Magic Bounce away from it.
12) Azumarill. Yeah, UU players, I said it. It'd be way awesome to get an Aqua Rabbit with Huge Power that is viable in OU. Give it slightly higher base stats, and perhaps usable Speed (or decent Scarfed Speed, like, 70 or higher) and you'll have yourself a good pokemon that isn't overshadowed in OU.
13) Sudowoodo. Geez, almost 'Nuff said with this one. Higher Attack, higher defenses and HP, and maybe make it have an ability that mimics the highest Base Power move the opponent has when it switches in, but overwrites mimic. Grass/Rock or Rock/Fighting typing would be good too. Call the ability "Mimicry" if that isn't one already.
14) Sunflora. Sunflora, though having the distinction of being evolved from the Pokemon with the lowest BST in all of Pokemon, is not very good. Its two abilities are both outshone (Haha, outshone, sun, God I'm awful) by other, stronger, faster pokemon. Evolving it into a Grass/Fire with either excellent Sweeping stats or Defensive ones would be a good way to make this flower pack more power. (Oh, no, now I'm rhyming. Better quit.)
15) Girafarig. This pokemon looks like it could evolve. Maybe have its second head mutate and get more powerful? I don't know, but Psychic/Dark typing would be really cool, and a fast mixed Sweeper with one weakness would be really nice.
16) Dunsparce. Normal/Dragon? Normal/Ground? Normal/Ghost? Wow, this is already sounding good. Defensive Serene Grace abuser that stands out among the rest? Great!
17) Qwilfish. Poison/Water is an excellent offensive typing only shared with Tentac(r)ool. A Qwilfish evolution could make use of this, with good mixed sweeping stats and maybe a new ability that gives better accuracy?
18) Shuckle. Higher HP comes to mind, maybe teensy bit higher defenses to just make it clearly better. Or really high Speed to use Power Trick with. Either way, he needs some loving, and Eviolite Shuckle would be cool in the lower tiers.
19) Heracross. Oh, come on. He's just not that good in this generation! He's murdered by a lot of things, even when packing a Choice Scarf, and he's just not fast enough anymore with things running amok with >135 Base Speed.
20) Ursaring. He's a giant. Bear! He needs to be able to run faster and hit a bit harder. Give him a cool secondary typing like Dark or even Psychic, and make him just a bit better, tune his stats well, and he'll do just fine.
21) Magcargo. Need I say more? He's very Derp, and Derp things need to be better (see what they did to Bidoof?). Another Fire/Steel that differentiates itself from Heatran would be cool. Give it Solid Rock or something to offset its weaknesses a little, and sky high defense, good special defense, and decent HP, and Magcargo would be interesting. Oh, a design idea: Make him evolve with a level up/trade holding a Nugget, and make him a Magcargo that evolved when Gold melted all over its body.
22) Corsola: The Coral pokemon is the meanest of NU, its ability to Spike being completely outshadowed by better options. But being Water/Rock and not a fossil has a lot of interesting possibilities. Having awful stats across the board means it can turn into whatever it wants to, as well. Give it good Attack and Speed and Hustle with a few new moves that are high BP and never miss, or give it excellent defenses with Spikes/Stealth Rock?
23) Octillery. Octillery has always been very gimmicky. While having great mixed offenses and an amazing movepool, it has pathetic speed to abuse them with. Evolve this sucker, giving him either higher defenses or higher speed, and watch as his fantastic offensive prowess with a great ability that prevents phasing make him the king of the ocean.
24) Delibird. This one's up there with Farfetch'd in terms of useless needs-an-evolution-now-ness. Ice/Flying is a somewhat good offensive typing, but a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock and terrible defenses and offenses make this little birdy useless. Pump his stats (all of them), give him an ability that helps him protect against Entry Hazards, and let this birdy do some damage. Oh, buff Present too, make it always help you.
25) Houndoom. Perhaps my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon, and already very good, all Houndoom needs is a bit of love. Slightly higher attacking stats/speed or significantly higher defenses would make this harbinger of Death actually be a harbinger of death.
26) Smeargle. Sketch makes Smeargle amazing. Its ridiculously low stats make it usable. Higher offenses (but not too high) and Speed would make it fantastic.
27) Miltank. Higher Special Defense and maybe a bit higher HP would turn this strangely balanced Pokemon into a much better one. On another note, GIVE US SCRAPPY RAPID SPIN NOW. Thanks. :3
28) Mightyena. This dark wolf has an excellent ability, and looks awesome. However, his stats are underwhelming and his movepool shallow. Evolve him! I was thinking Dark/Electric would differentiate him from some other pokemon (Absol, etc.). The secondary STAB, better movepool, tremendous attack and great speed would make him a force to be reckoned with.
29) Linoone. The gimmick of Belly Drum+Gluttony+Salac Berry has this pokemon as its only user. Hmm...how to make it better...evolve it! Normal/Fighting would give it a good secondary STAB and boosting its defenses by a lot and its attack by a bit would set it on a course to greatness.
30) Swellow. While great as Guts Abuser, I think that most good UU/NU pokemon deserve an evolution so they can "see play" in OU. Make him a bit faster, a bit stronger, and give him a better movepool, and this Guts abuser will be a force to be reckoned with, despite its weakness to Stealth Rock.
31) Masquerain. This one, for me, is up there with Farfetch'd. Surskit was so interesting, with its Water/Bug typing, and Masquerain should evolve and return to that, perhaps with Levitate to show "Hey, I have wings!" but in all seriousness, needs great speed, great special attack, and defenses to offset its weakness to Stealth Rock.
32) Breloom. Hahaha, just kidding.
33) Ninjask. Strangely enough, I want Ninjask's evolution to slow down. Don't give it Speed Boost and have it have no more than 130 Base Speed. Instead, set it apart from Ninjask by making it hit hard and have a decent movepool to do it with.
34) Hariyama. Yes, I know it's good in UU, but if you aren't seeing a pattern yet, then you are very shortsighted. Make it even stronger and Bulkier, and give it a few good moves to set it apart from Conkeldurr, and it'll be really good.
35) Delcatty. Normalize Thunder Wave is a gimmick. Delcatty is completely shut down by Ghosts. Her evolution shouldn't be so forgiving. Change her ability to something useful, ratchet her stats up a lot, and prepare for her to wreak havoc with her excellent movepool.
36) Mawile. Ghost/Steel sounds good for a typing here. Push its defensive stats up a good amount, and its attack up a little, Bullet Punch, and Shadow Sneak? Technician would be fun, for a slow, more defensive, weaker Scizor.
37) Medicham. Can someone say Speed? That is literally the only way one should improve eka-Medicham. Speed it up, and then its utterly amazing Attack stat with Pure Power can be actually used.
38) Manectric. Electric/Fire typing to give it a good secondary STAB, and higher Speed and Special Attack would be good. It would then need Energy Ball or something similar to deal with Ground types though.
39) Plusle/Minun. Give them more useful Sweeping stats, and secondary abilities that are useful in 1v1 combat, and these two cute little wannabe Pikachus would zap the competition.
40) Volbeat/Illumise: Give Volbeat more defensive stats to pass Tail Glows (which are +3 now) or more Speed to utilize said Tail Glows. As for Illumise, I really don't know what to do with it, since Yanmega would outclass it (usually) anyway. *Shrugs* Fact is, they do both need evolutions badly.
41) Wailord. Higher speed! Higher defenses! I don't know, I just don't like the biggest pokemon there is dying to a light breeze.
42) Camerupt: Camerupt wishes it could be a stronger Camel and actually carry its team to victory now and again, but its too-many-for-comfort weaknesses offset any decent boons. evolve it, giving it much higher defenses and a move or ability it can use to rid itself of a crippling water weakness, and this Camel will finally find a spot on a team.
43) Torkoal. The smoky turtle screams "Evolve me to a Water/Fire type!" Shell Smash + good mixed attacking stats + higher defenses would be really nice.
44) Spinda. Again, right next to Farfetch'd is bamboozled Bear. Seriously, they made a unique pokemon (if you didn't know, each Spinda has a different pattern on its face. Seriously, check it out.) with a near-unique move (Teeter Dance)...and then gave it Base 60 in everything. Give it all around better stats (Maybe base 95 in everything and base 101 Troll speed?) and a better movepool, and this Bear of confusion will confound your opponents as to how to beat it.
45) Cacturne. Speed it up or give it higher defenses, please. Preferably higher defenses, though, because Cacti aren't known for being fast, but they're known for surviving in harsh environments, and Cacturne...doesn't do that.
46) Altaria. I love Altaria. She's probably my favorite Gen 3 Pokemon. The defensive Dragon Dancer has a problem though. She has great defenses, but she's 4x weak to a commonly used offensive type, Ice. She needs to remedy this. Give her even higher defenses, or higher offenses, or change her typing (Water/Dragon with Levitate, perhaps? To go with her Cloudy nature) so she can show those Ice types who's boss.
47) Zangoose/Seviper. If they evolve one, they should evolve the other. Zangoose needs to be more powerful and have a decent secondary typing like Fighting, and Seviper badly needs blistering Speed, slightly higher offensive stats, and maybe a secondary Dark typing.
48) Solrock/Lunatone. Rock/Psychic with Levitate is good. Their stats? Not so much. Higher defenses, higher of their chosen offenses, better movepools (so Lunatone doesn't outclass Solrock by virtue of movepool) would make them much more useful in general.
49) Whiscash. He needs higher attack and special attack. I get high HP, but he has bad defenses so higher HP would be even better. Good typing, good movepool. Just better stats would be nice, and maybe a better ability.
50) Claydol. It's really good, and one of my favorite pokemon. But it needs better moves and a little better tuned stats to make it better at walling, spinning, and Stealth Rocking.
51) Castform. Keep the pure Normal typing, except change Forecast so it gives monorock typing in Sandstorm. Increase his stats to Base 100's instead of Base 70's. There, turned an adorable and useless pokemon into a solid addition to any Weather team (and good for countering Weather teams as well!)
52) Kecleon. The Chameleon is really interesting. Color Change is nice, decent Special Defense, but everything else is mediocre. Increase its speed, it's a Chameleon, for Christ's sake! Have you seen those things?! Give it better stats and stat distribution, and Chameleon-like speed, and it'll be cool.
53) Banette. A strong physical Ghost is cool, but Banette has been living in the shadow of Gengar and Dusknoir/clops for a long time. It also has increased competition from Golurk for the role of a Physical Ghost. But give it more powerful Attack and make it much faster, and it will stand out as a fast and physically powerful ghost!
54) Tropius. It's a dinosaur! It needs to evolve into Grass/Dragon! But then, it would probably need levitate, unless we changed it so it lost its wings when it evolved. But Grass/Dragon would be very flavorful, and with higher attack and speed, the big green dinosaur would get the respect it deserved.
55) Chimecho. I don't know, maybe some humanoid that's holding two Chimecho as bells? I could see a new ability that heals your team of status when you switch in (like a giant free heal bell), higher defenses and some kind of clerical mindset.
56) Absol. The disaster pokemon sounds like it would head some kind of Pokemon death metal band. But instead, its use is very limited. Personally, I think it should keep its attack, get a usable base special attack to utilize its special options, and a lot higher speed. A mixed sweeper would be cool for this one's evolution.
57) Luvdisc. Yeah, another Farfetch'd one. Make it much faster, much more powerful, and more flavorful, so it can emphasize love or something. I want this pokemon to be more than just the thing I farm for Heart Scales.
58) Bibarel. Give it higher attack, Swords dance, and Aqua Jet. Keep the rest the same, except maybe a bit higher special defense. Swords Dance to +4 in one move, and sweep with priority that is nearly unresisted. Or maybe diverge it, so it can evolve into something with usable Special attack as well, and Charge Beam + Ice Beam + Surf or something.
59) Kriketune. Bug/Dark evolution with much higher Attack and a good physical movepool, like Sucker Punch, and maybe a new bug move with higher power than X-Scissor.
60) Male Combee evolution. Some sort of soldier Bee with attacking stats to match Vespiquen's defending ones, higher speed, and Attack Order/Heal Order.
61) Cherrim. Needs much higher defenses to offset its bad defensive typing, and maybe fix Flower Gift so it multiplies Special attack as well, and helps you as well as your ally, to make it usable in Single battles.
62) Ambipom. He's really good, but just a bit too weak for OU. Normal/Fighting with Technician Mach Punch/Fake Out/Quick Attack would be useful. Higher attack, maybe a bit higher Speed to keep up with the speed creep.
63) Skuntank. Poison/Dark is an excellent typing that needs a better distribution, but Skuntank doesn't have the stats to succeed.
64) Spiritomb. It could be Pokemon #666, with a 600 BST to match. Better offenses and HP could make Spiritomb succeed better with his lack of weaknesses. So far, I've seen him just be unsuccessful at most of the things he does and if he got an evolution that'd be rectified.
65) Lumineon. Come on...Magikarp --> Gyarados: Awesome. Remoraid --> Octillery: decent. Feebas --> Milotic: Pretty good. Finneon -- > Lumineon: pathetic. Just pathetic. Evolve Lumineon to something actually useful.
66) Abomasnow. I know I'm going to get hate for this one, but the reason Hail isn't as good as Sun and Sand and Rain in OU is because Abomasnow is the epitome of mediocre. He can do any job you want. Just, not very well. His evolution should have either ridiculous Bulk or really good Speed to make up for his awful, awful defensive typing.

I think Taruos should get an evolution. Into a minotaur pokemon. That would be pretty cool.

Miltank could have a pre/evo.

Farfetch'd should get an amazing evolution which has stats even cruddier than him :D

Emolga could use an evolution. It's not just "the electric type rodent" It's also part flying, has decent stats (it's speed even exceeds 100) and it's attacking stats are decent (at least it's not pachirisu). If it evolved it could be a great mixed attacker and really fast. Also I want minun and plusle to be joined by a common pre-evolution that would be normal. Why normal? Well it's like Minun is an electron (negatively charged) Plusle is a proton (positively charged) and their pre-evolution would be like a neutron (no charge).

Evos:

Dugtrio
Farfetched
Mr Mine
Jynx
Aerodactyl (maybe)
Sudowoodo
Sunflora
Girafarig
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Octillery
Delibird
Sableye
Mawile
Kecleon
Bannette

Pre-evos:

Kangaskhan
Tauros (shared with Miltank)
Pinsir (shared with Heracross)
Lapras
Aerodactyl
Skarmory
Tropius

Last edited:
Zangoose, Seviper, Mawile, Sableye, Farfetch'd, Delibird, Smeargle, Tropius, and Chatot.

Italics = light intensity, bold = medium intensity, bold-italics = heavy intensity

Zangoose, Seviper, Mawile, Sableye, Farfetch'd, Delibird, Smeargle, Tropius, and Chatot.

Italics = light intensity, bold = medium intensity, bold-italics = heavy intensity

I... don't understand. What do you mean by intensity?

I... don't understand. What do you mean by intensity?

I believe intensity means emphasis; those with heavy intensity, they feel, need evolutions more than those with light intensity.

Wigglytuff should have an evolved form that's actually tough. And fierce. And dangerous. Am I asking for too much?

Wigglytuff's a tank.

Anyway, It would be nice if Farfetch'd had an evo. And I want a kangaskhan Pre-Evo :D

And whats UU and OU?

Pre-evos:

None.

Evos:

Rougela
Yukimenoko
Onigohri
Juppeta
Kailios
Lepardas
Tabunne

A baby Pokémon based on a calf. If it's male, it will evolve into Tauros, and if it's female, it will evolve into Miltank.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom