• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that Need Evolutions

I's really like to see a emolga evoloution. It's got a really good typing and means you don't have to use zapdos.

they probily won't give emolga a evoloution because it's a copy of pikachu

They need to link the baby of manphy to evolve into manphy. Without that it makes no sense(a baby pokemon not evolving into its parents form?Sounds wierd to me)

They need to link the baby of manphy to evolve into manphy. Without that it makes no sense(a baby pokemon not evolving into its parents form?Sounds wierd to me)

Legenraries don't evolve and Phione isn't legendary Manaphy is... glad people like my smeargle evolution

This.

With each generation, I find myself frustrated with the latest batch of cross-generation evolutions. Especially those that induce evolution in Pokemon with no prior evolutions. I'm a bit of a stickler for retconning and altering what has already been established; I find it ruins the purity and fluency of previous generations/games. I'm not sure how to explain it fully, but I find it hard to play, say, RBY without thinking "I know this Magmar can evolve. And it has evolved in the past, too". Same story with Electabuzz. And even though I have grown to like my Honchkrow, I was distraught when I found out that my precious Murkrow can evolve, (I evolved it for the increased stats). Furthermore, I found many of the Gen IV evolutions like Rhyperior, Magmortar and Electavire a bit too much, and a bit obscene. But that's just me.

No Pokemon needs an evolution, but I agree that some parallel Pokemon lines should to make the lines 'even' again. IE - Dusklops -> Dusknoir, Bannette -> ???; Gloom -> Bellossom, Weepinbell -> ???

Evolutions are necessary in order for them to do well in competitive play. Electivire did fairly well in the standard metagame with its base stats, and Rhyperior is a serious threat with its many movesets it can choose from. It's the regional rodents/birds that don't deserve any cross gen evolutions, because they're meant to be like that. So it's either evolution time or let them forever be NU and ridiculed by snobby players.

@winstein The base stats would be a problem for a Pinsir evolution since its physical attack is so high, it may only reach to the base 130s.

Evolutions are necessary in order for them to do well in competitive play. Electivire did fairly well in the standard metagame with its base stats, and Rhyperior is a serious threat with its many movesets it can choose from. It's the regional rodents/birds that don't deserve any cross gen evolutions, because they're meant to be like that. So it's either evolution time or let them forever be NU and ridiculed by snobby players.

@winstein The base stats would be a problem for a Pinsir evolution since its physical attack is so high, it may only reach to the base 130s.

The'd pull a Scizor I guess just rearange his stats?

Absol. With all my heart and soul I wish Absol had an evolution. She's such an awesome Pokemon, but has pretty horrendous stats (because she's only a single-stage Pokemon). I mean, she's the DISASTER POKEMON. She should be viable in competitive battling, daggit. XD

Mawile
Mawile_Evolution_by_spookypatrol.jpg

Damn Straight.

This would be UBER!

EDIT:
Absol. With all my heart and soul I wish Absol had an evolution. She's such an awesome Pokemon, but has pretty horrendous stats (because she's only a single-stage Pokemon). I mean, she's the DISASTER POKEMON. She should be viable in competitive battling, daggit. XD
And I thought it should have a prevo...

Maybe it should get ROSELIA TREATMENT! (And it'd be an awesome excuse for a dark type gym leader)

Then Manaphy wouldn't be a legendary anymore. Phione and Manaphy are a duo with Phione being the weaker one, like Mewtwo and Mew.

Okay maybe for thre stats for the Smeargle evo can be

HP:50
ATK: 100
Def:50
SATK:100
SDEF:50
Speed: 100

so he has great offense but shitty defense and HP

Mawile
Mawile_Evolution_by_spookypatrol.jpg

Damn Straight.

This would be UBER!

EDIT:

And I thought it should have a prevo...

Maybe it should get ROSELIA TREATMENT! (And it'd be an awesome excuse for a dark type gym leader)

O_O I tip my hat to you my good man.

I think Torkoal could probably use one. I saw earlier some people were talking about balancing the evolutionary lines (Gloom->Vileplume/Bellossom, Weepinbell->Victreebell/?) I think that'd be a good idea. And for anyone that says its too late to be messing with Gen 1 pokemon i'd like to mention Magmortar and Magnezone.

Banette needs an evo since Dusclops got one. :)

I agree with that 100%. I love Banette, but it does need a little upgrade.

Also, from seeing it on another site(and I think in a youtube vid), I saw someone talk about an evolved form of Farfetch'd being called Prepos'trus. I think that was a brilliant idea.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom