• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that Need Evolutions

Ninetales. IMO Ninetales' evolution should have 18 tails and pure white fur.

That wouldn't work, especially due to the legend Ninetales is based on

18. Banette: more marionette like with long strings attatched to the hands which it can use to cause slashes in its enemy. Ghost
This would be awesome.

while making this list I found that there is no single Unova-mon that is in serious need of an evo or feels incomplete. Has anyone the same sensation?
How about Liepard?

Last edited:
Dunsparce: Come on this guy looks like he could evolve into a Normal/Dragon Type. Heck I've even seen some awesome fanart of what he could evolve into. Needless to say, Dunsparce has tons of untapped potential and he needs to stop being useless

Farfetched: Fighting/Flying ftw!

Mawhile: This thing is absolutely weak and I think an evolution can improve her. An evolution with a steel/ghost combo would be appreciated.

Skarmory: You think he would've gotten an evolution years ago.

Giraffigig: Perhaps he can have a Dark/Psychic Evolution that's the size of a real giraffe.

Skamory is already one of of the best walls in the ga,e hendoesn't need to evolve...agree with the rest though

Farfetch'd, Jynx, Rapidash, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Delibird, Houndour (split evo), Sableye, Mawile, Torkoal, Chimecho, Swoobat, Audino, and Bascilin.

Jynx should've evolvedin Gen 4 Houndoomis fine Houndour doesn't need a spit evo. and yeah i seeSwoobat and Audino getting a pre-vo (for Audino) and evo (like Chansey and Zbat)

Victini is a legendary. Legendaries don't evolve.

BTW, Miltank really needs an evolution. A cool looking one with good stats.

Nojust no.... whitney is bad enough with just Miltank she doesn't need to evolve.. a pre-evo shared with Tauros is enough

What about Mr. Mime evolving into Mrs. Mime? After all Mr. Mime can either be male or female despite its name.

Houndoomis fine Houndour doesn't need a spit evo.

But one user claimed the family is also based off of Cerberus, so the idea of a Houndour split evo would be a physical version of Houndoom w/ three heads to stick close to the beast it's based off of.

But one user claimed the family is also based off of Cerberus, so the idea of a Houndour split evo would be a physical version of Houndoom w/ three heads to stick close to the beast it's based off of.

He's based on a hellhound not Cerberus (though Cerberus is a hellhound....) why not evolve Houndoom then?

What about Mr. Mime evolving into Mrs. Mime? After all Mr. Mime can either be male or female despite its name.

Although I sympathize with the female Mr. Mimes, adding a Mrs. Mime (I'd actually prefer a Ms. Mime, because the whole "a woman's title is determined by her matrimonial state bugs me) evolution a) puts the same contradiction on male Mr. Mimes, and b) is not as good as making a Ms. Mime a female-only evolution for Mime Jr.

Although I sympathize with the female Mr. Mimes, adding a Mrs. Mime (I'd actually prefer a Ms. Mime, because the whole "a woman's title is determined by her matrimonial state bugs me) evolution a) puts the same contradiction on male Mr. Mimes, and b) is not as good as making a Ms. Mime a female-only evolution for Mime Jr.

Well, I don't see Gamefreak ever changing Mr. Mime's gender ratio to 100% male, as it could perhaps break compatibility between earlier and newer generations, unless if female Mr. Mimes change gender if they are imported into a newer generation. Consider that Gamefreak never corrected the error of making Azurill 25%/75% male/female, with 1/3 of all female Azurills evolving into male Marrils.

Yes, I would prefer if Mr. Mime were 100% male and that there were a separate female-only M(r)s. Mime evolution of Mime Jr., however, my idea of Mr. Mime evolving into M(r)s. Mime would still help relieve sexism.

Also, I agree about a pre-evolution to both Tauros and Miltank where it evolves based on gender.

But Houndoom's decent enough with those stats.

like I said Houndour doesn't need another evo houndoomis already a great pokemon and has a epic type (Dark/Fire ftw) but yeah luvdisc should evolve into Alomomola... she really needsan evo. And I have a feeling that that Throh and Sawk will get a pre-evo and another member (like the Hitmon family) and Swoobat will get another evo (ala Crobat}

So I think I understand a new evolution in terms of pokemon, make a guy more powerful and if it is only one stage to give it another. I do feel like some guys don't need another evolution not usre if anyone else feels this with me. What I don't understand is a pre evolution. It made sense in gen II to help show off the new egg feature, but now what is the point of more pre evolutions? is it to show a smaller version of a big pokemon? because to me I see the pre evolutions as a new pokemon that is almost in a way supposed to be bad(stat wise)

Actually, they're there for breeding purposes. Some moves can only be bred onto baby pokemon, so if you want your Roserade with Extrasensory, you'll have to breed a budew. It's for a decision, do you want an already tough pokemon? Or will you put some time into a weaker pokemon to make them stronger at the top level?

I used to be confused when Doduo evolved from a one-headed bird straight into a three-headed one. They managed to get it right with Deino's line. Same with Diglett.

Am I the only one who thinks Sableye needs an evolution?

Feebas evolving straight into Milotic makes very little sense. As does Magikarp into Gyarados. I may be talking to a wall for a long time, but I think they need a middle ground.

They need to do something with Absol

Basculin is pointless as it is

I used to be confused when Doduo evolved from a one-headed bird straight into a three-headed one. They managed to get it right with Deino's line. Same with Diglett.
I assume you misplaced Doduo and Diglet together, right?

Am I the only one who thinks Sableye needs an evolution?
Meh...Kinda want it to evolve too, but...
50 - 50 IMO.

They need to do something with Absol
I'd like a pre-evo for him to be honest.
Something über cute with little horn blade. :3

Basculin is pointless as it is
Whhhhaaaaaat...!!
Sure; it's vulnerable and everything but it's fast and quite powerful.
Early learn for moves like Crunch and Headbutt.
Seriously; this piranha is just a beast.

i always thought that jynx was kinda like an "ice punch" version of electabuzz (thunder punch) and magmar (fire punch), it got the pre-evo at the same time as them, so i thought it should of got a trade evo at the same time as well

I have a notion that Pinsir needs an evolution - he's lost any focus he originally had to his bug brothers, particularly Scyther. I'm thinking a Hercules beetle with Steel armor?

Sableye and Mawile don't feel like fully-evolved Pokémon to me, either. An evolution for either of them would make sense.

I was thinking about this, and I've decided that Skarmory needs two evolutions. One that's ultra-futuristic with some sort of sleek and flexible design, laser spewing mouth and vents under its wings (Steel/Dragon, BST: 80/55/85/110/85/105) and another one which looks more like an early-industrial age Skarmory, gritty iron design, bulky and with exposed gears and stuff (Steel/Dark, BST: 90/110/100/45/85/90). It could be like the Eeveelutions in each moveset would be completely different.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom