• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that scare you, but wouldn't usually be considered frightening

Jigglypuff, you gotta watch out for those cute ones man. Also, there's that one video on Youtube and the thumbnail is Jigglypuff with hyper-realistic eyes. I didn't wanna sleep for a while...

SSBB_Kyogre.png Kyogre just creeped me out beause of this
and noone mentioned muk
its a living melted ice cream that wants to eat you
cofagrius its gonna put you inside its body bury itself with you and its eyes are plotting your death

Tympole and company because they look like tumor-infested mutated toads, also their dratted Supersonic is horrendous to me.

Shedinja used to scare me a bit, sucking people's souls out. MissingNo.

Pretty much anything in Lavender town when I was younger, that accursed music. ESPECIALLY the Marowak mother before you use the Sylph Scope. That was freaking terrifying. Hell, it even scared my Charizard! That means something

Not a cute one but Deoxys scared the crap out of me in that Destiny Deoxys movie! I still don't like that Pokemon and never probably will.. Man, that was like a horror movie! I'd rather deal with Mewtwo ANY day..

Gorebyss and the ghost types of Unova except golett and golurk...just read the pokedex entries...

Gothitelle. I dunno, far too human-like for me, I guess. And the voice...tingles my spine.

Recently while playing HG I noticed Quilava's eyes, THEY STARE AT MY SOUL

just like Kyubey... That is NOT a good thing!

Murkrow. I don't know why, but when I was him in Generation II, it was a bit unsettling. Not as unsettling as Umbreon and Houndoom, but Murkrow just had this air about him where even though he didn't look particularly intimidating, there was something unnerving about him.

Metapod was sort of intimidating in its own right as well. I mean, it's often portrayed as cumbersome and pathetic, but when Pokémon was still new, there was this air of mystery when you thought about what it might evolve into. Like, it may be weak and defenseless now, but when it evolves, it could kill us all. The same could be said for Kakuna, but that might logically be considered frightening since its eyes have that sort of sinister look to them.

Lickitung scared me to death, too. Perhaps not in the same way, but as soon as I saw that thing I was like "I gotta get the hell out of here!" A similar sort of scare arose out of Sudowoodo. Just looking at, you sort of feel this weird mix between confusion and just not wanting to remain in its company for too much longer. Then Generation III brought us Whiscash which brought that same feeling back. It's sort of like a fear of clowns... except it's a fear of goofy Pokémon.

Swalot is a very creepy poke alright :p .

...Anyway, I gotta say Geodude. I mean, you're just walking 'round, having a jolly good time when BAM! You trip on a rock. When you get back up, something pins you down. Turns out, it's a rock with ARMs and a FACE.

There is one, and they call it Munna. It was intended to look cute, but underneath it is slowly eating your soul just by staring at you. BEWARE OF MUNNA.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom