• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon That Should Be Related but Aren't

Marik

Man, Myth, Legend
Reaction score
Sorry if this thread's already been made, I went back 8 pages and saw nothing.

My little brother and I were battling on Pokemon Stadium today, and it was Aerodactyl vs. Charizard. He then pointed out how much they look alike, and I agreed. I never noticed that before. So...

What Pokemon look like they should be related but aren't?

Re: Pokemon That Should Be Related but Aren't

Shellos and Lapras, for sure.

Marill and the Pikachu Evolutionary line, because IMO Marill just looks like a round, blue Pikachu with different ears and a different tail

Meganium and Tropius. Bam.

Venonat and Butterfree

I heard something that said they were originally supposed to be related, but it was changed at the last minute. (Marowak/Kangaskhan style)

Plusle Minun and Pikachu/Pichu

Pachirisu/Pikachu line/plusle and minun are very similar.

Kangaskhan and cubone of course.

Venomoth and Dustox

Gastrodon and Lapras

Heracross and Pinsir

Shuppet and Banette (these always seemed like a prevo and evo to me. they even end in the same sound like a lot of lines do.)

Remoraid and Mantine

Sharpedo to Garchomp. The design for Garchomp has many common similarities with Sharpedo, including that dorsal fin, the yellow cross on the head and the dominant blue colour skin.

Bagon and Shelgon with Flygon. I think they should be related by the last part of their names.

Well Cubone and Kanashkan of course, you know the explaination...

I used to think Magcargo evolved into Torkoal. It should.

Plusle/Minun and Pikachu (Alternate Pre-Evolutions have been an interesting concept).

Magikarp and Milotic. I would have preferred Milotic being an alternate evolution than having a Magikarp clone (Feebas).

I always thought Jynx and Mr.Mime were related because of their similar humanoid appearance and the pedophile look.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom