• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that should not exist

Elite Four Will

Femme Fatale! WOHOO
Reaction score
Personally I think Arceus should not exist and all those extra Sinnoh legendaries (Shaymin, Manaphy, Phione, Regigigas). Some of these legendaries are pointless and Arceus should have been introduced in the last generation.

I searched for a thread like this but I havent found one...

So post your opinions...

Pokemon exist because money exists, if there was no money, there would be no Pokemon.

Anyway, if you don't like that answer, here's my other answer: Arceus. I agree with you, there are a lot of Pokemon Fans who go into debates about Arceus, I don't know why he's called the Creator of all Pokemon when there's new generations coming up.

I don't think any Pokemon shouldn't exist. They all have a place in the games and anime and each have a unique role, although they are hard to see sometimes. Take Probopass it's really helpful competitively and it's one bitching pimp. But if I had to choose a Pokemon it would be Arceus. I don't see any need for the "God of Pokemon." Well except create the Pokéworld and what not. =D

regigigas
phione
probopass
lickilicki
magnezone
electivirre
magmortar
smoochum
arceus

zubat. because it's f*king everywhere. there's even a cave that's full of them!

Who's gonna replace Zubat if they didn't exist? Geodudes? And now you're gonna whine how Geodudes are everywhere in caves & wish they don't exist.
/youfail

Zubat is annoying, but Crobat is a force to contend with. Crobat was one of my best in Platinum.

Who's gonna replace Zubat if they didn't exist? Geodudes? And now you're gonna whine how Geodudes are everywhere in caves & wish they don't exist.
/youfail
no i didn't fail. is there a cave dedicated to geodudes? no.
i don't have anything against zubat, just to complain that they're everywhere. anyway, zubats are going to be replaced by koromori anyway in black and white

Personally I think Arceus should not exist... Arceus should have been introduced in the last generation...
Well... It seems like Game Freak originally intended for Arceus to be "god". They may have realized it was a mistake, so they tried saving face by claiming it's only a belief held in the Sinnoh region with HeartGold/SoulSilver's pokedex entry about it.

That said, I disagree with Arceus not existing. His design is incredibly wonky, but, eh. That's just the way things roll.

Shaymin, Manaphy
How dare you! D: Shaymin is probably one of my favorite legendaries simply due to the fact that it's a grassy and flowery rodent. Manaphy's also got a special place in my heart.

no i didn't fail. is there a cave dedicated to geodudes? no.
i don't have anything against zubat, just to complain that they're everywhere. anyway, zubats are going to be replaced by koromori anyway in black and white

You sir failed at understanding my post. Read it again or a million times.

On the other side, I kinda agree on how annoying wild pokemons pop out in caves. That's why I always have repels with me ^-^ But it's off topic.

I would agree to an extent, Zubats, Magikarps, & Geodudes are VERY annoying, but Crobats are (in my opinion) one of the best pokemon that's not a starter/Legendary, Magikarps evolve into Gyarados, which kicks ass, & I really kind of hate rock pokemon, but Golem is probably pretty tough, even if it's a bitch to evolve. But they are really annoying when you're looking for a specific pokemon.
I'll be the first to admit that Sinnoh is by far my favorite region (Just cause) but they have many pointless Legendaries. I love Dialka, Palkia, & Giratina, even the Lake Trio, but Heatran? That was just random. & this Cresselia/Darkrai business, what?
Also any Pokemon you get at events...just not cool.
I'm a bit confused about Arceus, now that we have a god Pokemon, we've hit a brick wall we cannot take down. It's a cool idea, but it either needed to be introduced at the very beginning or at the very end, or else it just doesn't work.

I'm more in the favor of some Pokemon should have been held back.
Case in point, Cresselia and Darkrai. These two guys could have easily been version mascots for a new generation, especially GenV with the Dream World business going on.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom