• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that would Represent Different Nations

Which Countries And/or States COULD & SHOULD Become Pokemon Regions in ANY Future Generations

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
What are Some Pokemon that COULD be Used in a team, to Represent A Country, and Its Various Aspects, Like Maybe Egypt Being Represented by Lucario, due to being a Bipedal Jackal akin to a Certain Black-headed Jackal Entity, or a Cofigrigus being a LITERAL Sarcophagus, or America Being Represented by a Wargle/Braviary, to parallel the Bald Eagle; What are some Pokemon that Could Represent Countries such as Russia(ASIDE FROM ANY BEAR Pokemon such as Ursaring & Beartik, as those are too easy, and There's GOT To Be More Pokemon that could be Used to Represent Russia, ASIDE from the National Russian Animal), or Canada(aside from the Obvious Bidoof or Bibarel) or The UK, or ANY COUNTRIES NOT CURRENTLY Represented in Pokemon, AND/OR Pokemon that represent different Countries, that MIGHT Not even be FOUND in Existing Regions based off of Countries/States, I.E. Japan, USA, France, Hawaii,

I wholeheartedly approve of G Pokemon.

Pyroar and Furfrou are clear candidates for Team France.

Team Australia would definitely have Kangaskhan, Heliolisk, and Komala.

Of course, there are way too many Japanese contenders.

I wholeheartedly approve of G Pokemon.

Pyroar and Furfrou are clear candidates for Team France.

Team Australia would definitely have Kangaskhan, Heliolisk, and Komala.

Of course, there are way too many Japanese contenders.
OK, There aren't a-n-y lions in France, so how can a Pyroar be on team France, completely ignoring the fact that Pyroar debuted in Kalos, aka the Pokemon world's equivalent to France
So... what would some Pokemon teams be for these countries:
A. Russia
B. Canada
C. India
D. Egypt

OK, There aren't a-n-y lions in France, so how can a Pyroar be on team France, completely ignoring the fact that Pyroar debuted in Kalos, aka the Pokemon world's equivalent to France
So... what would some Pokemon teams be for these countries:
A. Russia
B. Canada
C. India
D. Egypt

Lions are a common heraldic symbol for many European countries and nobility being the centerpiece of various shields, crests, and coats of arms. It's no wonder Pyroar was introduced in Kalos since France is well known for aristocratic past. It's kinda of like how dragons may come to mind when one is thinking about Britain, China, or Japan even though dragons don't exist.

As you mentioned for Russia Ursaring and Beartic are a good fits. Mamoswine is also good because of both boars and mammoths. Ninetales also works in place of arctic foxes and foxes place in Russian folklore.

If I remember correctly, the lion is the most common animal charge in European "heraldry", followed by the eagle. Although, funnily enough, I suppose most people would associate lions with the English crown, since lions have appeared on royal arms since at least Richard the Lionheart (And also appears on the royal arms of Scotland, which became incorporated into the English royal arms when James I of Scotland inherited the English crown).

In any case, the lion is hardly a contemporary symbol of either England or France ... for Britain as a whole I suppose the bulldog would be the most appropriate animal symbol. For England, I'd like to say the oak since it does have an especially strong heritage in England, but for the most contemporary symbol ... hm, probably the rose

Lions are a common heraldic symbol for many European countries and nobility being the centerpiece of various shields, crests, and coats of arms. It's no wonder Pyroar was introduced in Kalos since France is well known for aristocratic past. It's kinda of like how dragons may come to mind when one is thinking about Britain, China, or Japan even though dragons don't exist.

As you mentioned for Russia Ursaring and Beartic are a good fits. Mamoswine is also good because of both boars and mammoths. Ninetales also works in place of arctic foxes and foxes place in Russian folklore.
How about Canada, or India, Or Egypt(Aside from the SUPER Obvious Lucario & Cofagrigus), or China(aside from the OBVIOUS Ones, Being Pangoro & Pancham), or Mexico(Aside from Decidueye Representing Santa Muerte, or Ludicolo and his Mexican Dance & Lillypad Sombrero, & Hawlucha representing the Luchador), or Spain(aside from Tauros)

I think the regions can be anywhere. Even not based on a specific place.

And for what Pokémon represents a specific nation, I don't think all nations are represented by a single Pokémon. Like, most Pokémon are generic for all nations. Like for example Raticate or Luxray can represent any nation. So it would be a bit subjective of what Pokémon fits a specific nation. There are a lot of Pokémon that can fit each of them.

I voted for all of the above, any region can become a pokemon region, it's just a matter of when. I don't expect Pokemon to die out ever, because it's been just a cultural phenomenon and has more impact than any other anime has and provides a huge unity among different regions and ideologies to just expect them to limit themselves. (But Japan will be the main region).

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom