• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pokemon that you just refuse to evolve

I decided I will NOT evolve any Snivy I get. Sorry evos, I just think Snivy is better than you.

I don't want to sound cliche, but I refuse to evolve Pikachu, I just love it!
It's hard to use it, specially against some strong Pokémon, but still, Pikachu is awesome.

I love Venipede, and held off evolving mine until it was level 35. Sadly, it wasn't taking hits at all. However, it's become a very strong Scolipede.

If anybody else mentions Emboar in comparison to Pignite or Tepig, I DARE you to face MY Emboar to see exactly why I never have issues like these. No matter what I always prefer the final stage over the unevolved ones, unless the Pokemon in question doesn't have any evolutionary relatives. The reason? The unevolved Pokemon are far too weak compared to final stage Pokemon like Gyarados or Salamence.

I always let my Pokemon evolve. Even if I like how it looks un-evolved (which normally I don't). When they evolve, they get stronger, and that's what I'm looking for.
THANK YOU. You're one of the few people who actually share my own opinions about this. Not sure why so many people choose to disregard something important as this issue.

I love Venipede, and held off evolving mine until it was level 35. Sadly, it wasn't taking hits at all. However, it's become a very strong Scolipede.

And just a demonstration of exactly what I mean by unevolved Pokemon become weaker later on.

Nosepass. Probass is just...ew.

I did evolve my herdier, but his new mustache power makes me regret it.

Timburr. Timburr is insanely cute, but its evos are just.... oh dear Primus, why would anyone wanna look like that?! :bawl:

My Pansear will remain a Panpsear as I do not like the way Simisear looks.

A good number of my Goletts are going to remain unevolved as well. As much as I love Golurk, they're all too blasted cute as they are and I can't evolve them. That includes the ones I got off of GTS.

I wanted to trade the Kanto starters to Emerald for Pokédex purposes, but I couldn't do it until I did the little Sevii Islands side quest after the Elite Four/Champion, so I played through all of FireRed with three unevolved starters. I realize now that I could have just bred them in Emerald. I'm not sure what made me forget. Besides, I wanted a challenge.

Pikachu and Gloom are the pokémon I refuse to evolve.

I refuse to evolve Pikachu because Raichu can't learn or relearn any other moves by level up. Also Pikachu is the mascot of the Pokémon series.

I refuse to evolve Gloom because I can't decide which evolved form to evolve it into Vileplume or Bellossom. If it evolves into Bellossom the Psychic weakness from the poison type will be gone and ground type moves will not be very effective but bug and poison type moves will be super effective. Fighting type moves are also not very effective against Vileplume and it is damaged normally by bug and poison type moves.

I also didn't evolve my Treecko until it learnt Energy Ball and Giga Drain and I didn't evolve my Meowth until it learnt Pay Day in generation IV.

Timburr. Timburr is insanely cute, but its evos are just.... oh dear Primus, why would anyone wanna look like that?! :bawl:

My Pansear will remain a Panpsear as I do not like the way Simisear looks.

Yeah, I totally agree with Timburr & Pansear. Well, I did agree with Pansear. However, it just needed to get stronger, so I evolved it... :bheart: Lols, but it doesn't look really bad, so hey.

Cofagrigus is cool, but Yamask is so cute, small, and friendly-looking and its cry sounds adorable, and I want mine to stay like that instead of turning into a scary thing. I have debated a few times on evolving Rapses, my now level 75 Yamask, but he's been fine the way he is so far. And it's fun to watch him beat fully evolved Pokemon, even only in-game. That adorable little guy's the second highest-leveled Pokemon I have in Black, after Emboar.

Last edited:
When I still had Pearl, I gave an Everstone to my Kirlia, because I thought it was more beautiful than Gardevoir. I still think that, though I have Black now. I will never use the Dusk Stone on my Lampent, and always press B for a Gabite.

I can't not evolve a Pokemon, to me it's like growing up, it's the Pokemon maturing.

I will stop it from evolving to learn a move though.

Woo! 100th post :D

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom