• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pokemon that you just refuse to evolve

^Congrats on the 100th post!!! Lols, I had my NO-it-looks-way-better-unevolved-moments with literally every one of my party pokes (except for my Maractus, which can't evolve). But when you really think about it, half of the evolutions that we dislike don't actually look that bad. Maybe I just got tired of hating how something looks, maybe I just learned to appreciate something new. Whichever it is, I'll never know for sure & I dont think about it much anymore. I'm too busy battling with my recently evolved Samurott & co. :-D

I have some that I'll keep unevolved for a while for attachment, design preferences or to learn moves, but I always evolve them eventually. Main case this gen? Axew. It's just. Gosh. Adorable little thing! I have the same problem with Tepig, Dratini and Dragonair, but for me it is as though they are growing up to reach their fullest potential and no matter how long I hold it off I don't feel it's my place to stop that, y'know? ='D Especially not when it's just not viable to keep the darlings on my team without evolving them, as is often the case towards the end of the storyline unless you train very carefully/overlevel.

Still, sometimes it's nice to look at that big badass 'mon and think "gosh, I remember when you were thiiiiiiis small! <3".

I have an Eevee named after my cat. I refuse to evolve her( even though if I evolve her into an Espeon it would make more sense), because my cat is tiny(very tiny, weighs about 6 pounds, though one pound is probably all her fur; she's a Persian) and cute(not that Espeon isn't cute, too, but it's bigger than Eevee)

But, in one of my saves in HG, I had a Prinplup who I didn't want to evolve. The outside of battle walking sprite for him was absolutely adorable, and while I love Empoleon, I used one in SS, and it's walking sprite is kinda ugly. So I kept him form evolving for a bit, but at around Clair, I gave up and let him evolve.(IN this same file, I had a Flaffy I didn't want to evolve so I stuck her in the PC. She's now with the Empoleon, whatever I nicknamed him, and their teammates on My Pokemon Ranch)

The only reason why I made a Buizel evolve was to get its Pokédex entry. If I trained one, I'd never let it evolve. Same reason for Pikachu.

Smoochum. I love it too much, which is why I always have a Smoochum and a Jynx; these two are seriously under appreciated.

I don't evolve

Herdier cuz stoutland is ugly
Blitzle same reason
Gabite same reason
Rogenrolla boldore's ugly and I can't trade evolve to the cool GIgailith
Pansear Simisear's ugly
Eevee if it's gunna evolve to Leafeon/Espeon/Umbreon

My shiny Golett Guardian will never evolve. He's simply too cute as a Golett. That sweet little face...I just can't evolve him.

That and I have a lot of others I can evolve. I do love the GTS--shiny rescues are so much fun. :XD:

Well, I never evolved my Tepig (1. I love Tepig 2. I hate Pignite) I do kinda like Emboar but I really don't like Pignite

I almost never evolve dragonair into dragonite, I really dislike how dragonite looks, and I prefer pure dragon to dragon/flying type.
I also prevent eevee from evolving into a form I don't specifically want.
Otherwise I let my pokemon evolve usually.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom