• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

'Pokémon: The Arceus Chronicles' coming to Netflix in September

WatcherMark

Reaction score
In a move that's surprised the hell out of me, it turns out that the Arceus specials from January have actually been dubbed and will be released on Netflix on September 23rd.

Trailer here.

If this proves anything, it's that TPCi absolutely sucks when it comes to bringing these kind of things out at the proper time. Instead of releasing it back in January-February (when Legends Arceus had just come out and everyone was hyped), they've instead waited over six months and are instead bringing them out just as everyone is getting ready for the next generation of games making these specials pretty much irrelevant. Why wait so long? Why even bother bringing them out at all at this late stage? Were they just sitting around the office bored one day and decided to just dub these and throw them out on Netflix?

bOy I sUrE hOpE tHaT hIsUi PlAyS a BiG rOlE iN tHiS sPeCiAl

Man, typing like that is a pain

What a misleading thumbnail - this is an epilogue to Diamond & Pearl and it's a shame it isn't treated as such in marketing (although kudos to Amazon for getting an entire special for a preorder bonus item)

I still don't know know why people thought these wouldn't be dubbed. Like the Mega Evolution specials of XY they're written as part of the series rather than epilogue specials for characters after they leave.

bOy I sUrE hOpE tHaT hIsUi PlAyS a BiG rOlE iN tHiS sPeCiAl

Man, typing like that is a pain

What a misleading thumbnail - this is an epilogue to Diamond & Pearl and it's a shame it isn't treated as such in marketing (although kudos to Amazon for getting an entire special for a preorder bonus item)
Its such a shame because Hisuian Snow was too short and I'd love to spend some time with characters like Cyllene, Laventon, Arezu, ect. Plus I just really wanted to see Hisuian Typhlosion in the anime.
I still don't know know why people thought these wouldn't be dubbed. Like the Mega Evolution specials of XY they're written as part of the series rather than epilogue specials for characters after they leave.
People thought they wouldn't because it wasn't essential to the overall plot of Journeys and there are the specials they didn't dub. I still hate how they dubbed boring special episodes like that legend of xyz while ignoring Dawn and Cilan's specials. Why ignore Dawn's especially when she had an evolution in it?

Those epilogue specials were still pretty important though. Both Dawn and Iris got new Pokemon in their respective specials and it is a chance to give the characters more of a sendoff too. If they're willing to skip over specials that did advance the characters' stories and teams, then it wouldn't be a stretch for them to skip this one. Granted, the fact that they do tie in with Legends Arceus, even if it's only a minimal amount, gave this special an edge, but I can understand why people were worried about it being skipped given their track record.

It's still nice to see them confirming it will be released on Netflix. Although, I really hope that it will also be included in any season DVD set. Even though they dubbed the Mega Evolution specials, I'm not sure if they're legally available anywhere at this point, so including this special at the end of a Masters Journeys DVD set would be nice.

People thought they wouldn't because it wasn't essential to the overall plot of Journeys and there are the specials they didn't dub. I still hate how they dubbed boring special episodes like that legend of xyz while ignoring Dawn and Cilan's specials. Why ignore Dawn's especially when she had an evolution in it?
Quoting Bulbapedia regarding BWS01:
According to Bill Rogers, the current English voice actor of Brock, this episode was never dubbed due to the fact that it got "passed over in the transition to X&Y in the US".
Could've been something similar with the other epilogue specials. Which would likely mean that these specials survived the dub cut because they weren't published within a close proximity of the end of the series.

Could've been something similar with the other epilogue specials. Which would likely mean that these specials survived the dub cut because they weren't published within a close proximity of the end of the series.
Probably, even though they later dubbed that legend of XYZ special while skipping the Cilan-Clemont one.
It's still nice to see them confirming it will be released on Netflix. Although, I really hope that it will also be included in any season DVD set. Even though they dubbed the Mega Evolution specials, I'm not sure if they're legally available anywhere at this point, so including this special at the end of a Masters Journeys DVD set would be nice.
That's why I hoped they would get dubbed as actual Season 24/25 episodes so they couldn't risk the fate of the Mega Evolution specials but that didn't happen. If they get edited together as a full-length special, let it be at least purchasable on Google and ITunes like the regular movies.

Last edited:
In a move that's surprised the hell out of me, it turns out that the Arceus specials from January have actually been dubbed and will be released on Netflix on September 23rd.

Trailer here.

If this proves anything, it's that TPCi absolutely sucks when it comes to bringing these kind of things out at the proper time. Instead of releasing it back in January-February (when Legends Arceus had just come out and everyone was hyped), they've instead waited over six months and are instead bringing them out just as everyone is getting ready for the next generation of games making these specials pretty much irrelevant. Why wait so long? Why even bother bringing them out at all at this late stage? Were they just sitting around the office bored one day and decided to just dub these and throw them out on Netflix?
I don’t know, and I don’t care. I am just grateful for the fact that they are going to be released. Rome wasn’t made in a day, and neither was the dub. Licensing takes time, too.

Last edited:
Great news, we knew it would be coming but it's great to know that it's comming soon and on a worldwide scale. Hopefully Season 25 is near and also worldwide.

I like that the logo looks like the one from the game, through I think the same is true for the Japanese version.

I think the delay could be partly because of the usual "Netflix lateness" and partly because they had to negociate the distribution with Amazon.

AH COOL! :D

I wasn't sure these would get dubbed, but here we are!

Arceus be praised! :notworthy:

(now if only they'd dub those Ash-free specials)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom