• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokémon: The Ash Ketchum Chronicles (A Pokémon GK prequel)

Toulouse is a member of the wealthy Stonem family. Remember Paris Stonem?

Vaguely. She still acts like a... well, you know. And she is very unlikeable and makes me like Brendan much less than before.

Darkrai will arrive at 11:28 PM in his house on 29 May 2010. He has been warned.

Chapter 20: The Tale of Dana Eldorado

“No way,” Dana Eldorado breathed. She had been mountain climbing in Biru when she had propelled into a crater on one of the mountains. In the middle of the crater was a large building with a red “R” on the side.

Dana had discovered the headquarters of Team Rocket.

Ignoring her better judgment, Dana snuck closer to the building, approaching a back entrance. As she was about to enter it, a female Rocket grunt stepped out.

“What the…” was all the grunt had time to say before Dana punched her out. Donning the grunt’s clothing, Dana entered the headquarters.

She stopped to look at a map of the building hanging on the wall. She read the different locations in the buildings as she memorized the map. One location caught her eye: the “brig cell high-importance G: prisoner: Anabel ???.”

“Anabel!” Dana gasped.

ΩΩΩ​

The ambulance took five minutes to arrive. In Ash’s mind, that was far too long. He had no idea how long Professor Oak had been out. At this point, every second could be the difference between life and death.

“He appears to have had a heart attack,” one of the paramedics on-scene told Ash.

“Can you help him?” Ash asked.

“I don’t know,” the paramedic admitted, shrugging. “His chances of survival are probably very, very slim.”

“Well then what are you waiting for?!” Ash exclaimed. “You’ve got to get him to the hospital!”

“Calm down, sir,” said the paramedic. “We’ll get him there as quickly as possible.”

“We’re ready to move out, Ted!” cried another paramedic as Professor Oak, still unconscious and on a gurney, was loaded into the ambulance.

“We’ll call you in the morning, Mr. Ketchum,” said Ted, climbing into the ambulance. The emergency vehicle, sirens blaring, sped off into the sunset, headed for Pallet Town General Hospital.

“Ash, what’s going on?” said Misty, who was walking towards him from their house.

“It’s Professor Oak, Misty,” said Ash. “I think he might be dying.”

ΩΩΩ​

Dana snuck into the room marked on the map. The room appeared to be some sort of medical-related facility, with cabinets filled with drugs and tonics of various kinds, various medical instruments and tools strewn about the counter under the cabinets, and some sort of operating table in the middle of the room. When Dana looked closer, she realized that it wasn’t an operating table at all, but the kind of table prisoners are laid down on and strapped into to receive lethal injections. Suddenly, a voice from the opposite wall caused Dana to look up.

“Well, are you gonna give me my sedatives or not?”

On the opposite side of the wall was a cage-like holding cell. Inside the cell was a disheveled-looking woman with raggedy lavender hair. Dana recognized her at once.

“Anabel!” she exclaimed. “It is you!”

Anabel made a confused expression. “Why would a Rocket be so surprised to see me?”

“I’m not a Rocket,” Dana said, quickly removing the Rocket cap she wore as part of her disguise. “It’s me, Dana Eldorado!”

Anabel thought for a moment. Then her eyes widened. “That’s right, I remember you!” she said. “You’re Ash’s friend.”

“Come on,” said Dana, taking a key that hung on the wall and sticking it into the cage’s lock. “I’ll get you out of here and then we can tell the authorities about this place.”

“I have a better idea,” said Anabel, swinging the door opened. “I’ve been here almost ten years. I’ve been drugged almost every time I’ve left this cage, but I still had a damn good memory. I’ve memorized the entire layout of this base. The control room for the generators is just down the hallway from here. If we can program the generators to churn out enough power, we can overload the base’s system and cause it to explode. We can stop Team Rocket once and for all.”

Dana shifted uncomfortably. “I dunno, Anabel,” she said. “I don’t think blowing Team rocket up is the right thing to do.”

“Well, fine then,” said Anabel. “You can hightail it if you want, but I’m blowing up the base. At least walk me over to the generator room.”

Dana sighed. “I guess I can do that,” she said. “I’ll be waiting for you in the hills above the base. Get out as soon as you can.”

“I’ll be sure to do that,” Anabel said with a smile.

“Act like you’re drugged,” Dana said, replacing her cap. “If anyone gets too nosy, I’ll just tell ‘em that I’m takin’ you to Nero.”

“Good idea,” said Anabel. “It’s a good thing I’ve had years of practice at being drugged.”

And so, they snuck out of the room.

ΩΩΩ​

Ash Ketchum surveyed the group gathered outside Professor Oak’s hospital room. Tracey was hyperventilating. Gary Oak looked like he had just been run over by a Mamoswine. Brock was actually crying. Dawn was bawling. That was only scratching the surface of the aghast reactions his friends had to the news of Oak’s heart attack.

Finally, a doctor exited the room.

“Well?” Ash asked.

The doctor shook his head. “He’s stable. But he’s so old… the heart attack shook his system to the breaking point. His health will soon start to degenerate. I’m sorry… there’s nothing I can do.”

“How… how long does he have?” Gary Oak asked with a shaky voice.

“My best estimate is three days,” the doctor answered. “I’m so sorry.”

Ash’s heart sank. He did the only thing he could do: he cried.

ΩΩΩ​

Dana stood at the hills, looking down at the base. “Come on, Anabel,” she whispered to herself. “Hurry up.”
Inside the base, an alarm began to wail.

“What’s happening?!” Nero Julian bellowed to his technicians.

“The generators are overloading!” one of them answered. “The base is going to explode in less than ten minutes!”

“Can you do anything to stop them?” Nero questioned.

“At this point, I’m afraid not,” another technician sighed.

“We’ve already used the bulk teleporters to transfer most of our vital equipment to our other HQ,” a grunt informed Nero. “We need to begin evacuation now!”

“Agreed,” said Nero. “Everyone, follow me!”

Nero and his cohorts raced to the teleporters. Nero’s last thought before he beamed out of the base was: how could the generators have gone haywire like this?

The base exploded. Dana gasped in shock. She looked frantically around, but saw no sign of Anabel. Dejected, she turned around and began hiking down the mountain. She didn’t investigate the remains of the building, because after all, no one could have survived an explosion like that.

ΩΩΩ​

In the rubble of the headquarters, one would expect silence and stillness. However, there was movement instead. A lavender-haired woman pulled herself out from under a piece of rubble. She was wounded, burned, and limping, but she was alive. It was a fluke, a miracle that she survived, but she wasn’t complaining.

“Now,” she wheezed, “how do I get home?”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Next Time: Professor Oak’s health is getting worse, but that’s not what’s on Gabe Fletcher’s mind as he challenges Flannery in Hoenn to earn his Heat Badge! Plus, Leaf plays Voltorb flip to get some more cash! See what happens in chapter 21: “Gabe’s Inferno!”​

I thought you couldn't earn cash from Voltorb Flip.

On that note: Aww, poor Professor Oak.

Wowsers. That was great! I wonder how Oak will spend his last days...SURFING!!!

Dana found the place! But poor Oak! Great chapter Jabber, glad to see you're back in action.

Hey how was Alaska? You never responded to my message.

70287980edda464m3.jpg

Day One

The sky was gloomy above Pallet Town that day, as if nature itself was mourning the coming death of Professor Oak. The mood in the streets was somber, and few children played, even though it was the middle of summer. Inside Oak’s hospital room, the air was even thicker with sadness. Gary Oak and Ash Ketchum sat by the bed, watching their old mentor sleep.

“I never thought this day would come,” said Ash. “The Professor… it always seemed like he’d live forever.”

“I know what you mean,” Gary agreed. “Grampa was always lively and full of spirit. Even as he got older, he never lost any of the vigor he had when dealing with his research.”

“When he’s gone, will you continue his research?” Ash asked.

Gary chuckled. “I always promised myself that I would do my own research and never get caught up in what my grampa was doing. But now… I guess carrying on Grampa’s legacy is the right thing to do. I’ll still do my own research, but continuing Grampa’s work is just as important.”

“They’re going to read his will tomorrow,” Ash told Gary.

“I heard,” Ash’s old friend replied. “Seems kind of early, doesn’t it?”

“Oak requested that he be there for the reading,” Ash explained.
“He even wanted to do it himself, but they wouldn’t let him in his condition.”

“So it’s going to happen in this room, then?”

Ash nodded.

Gary smiled. “Remember back when we first met?” he asked Ash.

Ash laughed. “Do I ever. Me and my mom were visiting the Oak Corral. You dared me to tackle one of the professor’s Nidorino. The professor himself had to save me from getting speared by those horns.”

“I got in so much trouble,” Gary laughed.

The two friends continued talking about old times as the day drew on.

ΩΩΩ​

In the Hoenn region, the weather near Lavaridge Town was sunny and warm, as opposed to the gloomy weather in Pallet Town. It was the perfect day to be on an adventure, and that was just what Gabe Fletcher was doing.

The red-eyed, black-haired Trainer was now around 20 years of age. He had been traveling in far-off regions for several years, including Corna and Isshu, and now he was exploring the Hoenn region. He had already earned three Badges from Petalburg City, Dewford Town, and Mauville City, and was now hoping to earn his fourth Badge, from Lavaridge Town.

He entered the Lavaridge Town Gym. The floor was sandy, and steam rose from it, making the Gym a bit foggy. The air was hot and humid, causing Gabe to start sweating. He took off the hat that Ash Ketchum had given him so many years ago – he still wore it, even now – and began using it to fan himself.

“A bit too hot in here for you?” a voice asked him. A tan-skinned woman emerged from the steam. She wore a black midriff-revealing shirt with the image of a red flame on it, and blue jeans. Her red hair was arranged in an elaborate style of ponytail. Her similarly red eyes twinkled as she spoke.

“My name is Flannery,” she said. “I am the Lavaridge Town Gym Leader.”

“I suppose I should talk to you if I want a Heat Badge,” said Gabe.

Flannery smiled. “That’s right.”

“All right then,” said Gabe, “let’s battle!”

“If you insist,” said Flannery. “We’ll each use four Pokémon. How does that sound?”

“Fine by me,” Gabe agreed. The combatants readied for battle. They each chose a Pokémon to use.

“I’ll start things off with my Camerupt!” Flannery yelled. A large, orange, camel-like Pokémon with volcano craters for humps emerged from the Poké Ball Flannery threw, and stomped its hoof on the ground.

“Caaaaaam!” it roared.

“I’ll start this with a nice Type advantage!” Gabe declared, throwing a Poké Ball of his own. “Go, Cloyster!” The armored clam Pokémon appeared and smirked at its opponent.

“Cloyster!” it hissed cockily.

“Use Surf, Cloyster!” Gabe ordered.

Cloyster generated a massive wave out of thin air, and sent the wall of water crashing down on Camerupt. The Fire-type Pokémon didn’t stand a chance. The attack was four times as strong as it would normally be, due to Camerupt’s Ground-Fire dual typing. The Eruption Pokémon fainted.

“Nice, using Cloyster’s type to your advantage,” Flannery complimented Gabe. “But you may not be so lucky this time! Houndoom, I choose you! Use Roar!”

A black, doglike Pokémon with a spiked tail and grey horns burst from the Poké Ball Flannery threw. The Houndoom gave a mighty bark, scaring Cloyster right back into its Poké Ball. Another of Gabe’s Poké Balls opened automatically, releasing his Scizor.

The red Bug-and-Steel-type Pokémon hissed at Houndoom.

Flannery smiled. “Looks like I’ve got the advantage this time! Houndoom, use Flamethrower!”

“Dodge it and use Bullet Punch!” Gabe ordered. Houndoom blasted a jet of fire from its mouth, which Scizor narrowly avoided avoided. Scizor flew towards Houndoom, its round pincers glowing silver as it did so. It began inflicting a series of super-fast punches at Houndoom. The punches knocked Houndoom back, but Flannery’s Pokémon remained standing.

“My turn,” said Flannery. “Use Flamethrower again, Houndoom!”

Once more, Houndooom blasted fire from its mouth. This time, though, Scizor had no time to dodge, since it was still quite close to Houndoom after flying towards it. The super-effective
attack knocked Scizor out.

“All you’ve done is buy some time,” said Gabe, recalling Scizor.
“Come back out, Cloyster! Use Surf again!”

The clam-like Pokémon reemerged and replicated its Water attack from earlier, sending a wave crashing down on Houndoom, knocking it out.

“Your Cloyster is well-trained,” said Flannery. “Fortunately for me, I have a way to defeat it. Combusken, come on out! Use Double Kick!”

A red-and-orange Pokémon that looked like a bipedal chicken appeared with a battle-ready expression on its face. It charged at Cloyster and leapt up, then came crashing down on Cloyster, delivering a series of devastating kicks. Though Cloyster tried to protect itself with its armored shell, it was no use. Cloyster was eventually felled.

“A Fighting-type, eh?” said Gabe. “I know how to deal with that. Let’s go, Pidgeot!” He threw a Poké Ball, and a large birdlike Pokémon emerged.

“Piiiiiiid!” it cried.

“Go, Pidgeot!” Gabe yelled. “Use Aerial Ace!”

Pidgeot flapped its wings and rose into the air. It then became engulfed in white light and dive-bombed Combusken, striking Flannery’s Pokémon with all of its might with its beak, knocking the Fire-and-Fighting-type Pokémon back and out.

“You’ve got me down to my last Pokémon,” said Flannery. “I’m impressed. Go, Torkoal!”

From the Poké Ball, Flannery’s best Pokémon emerged. It looked like an orange tortoise with a black shell that had white smoke billowing from it.

“Tooooooorkoooooal!” it grunted.

“This should be easy!” Gabe laughed. “Use Fly, Pidgeot!” Pidgeot flew high into the air.

“Torkoal, use your Stone Edge attack!” Flannery shouted

Gabe chuckled. “I’m afraid that won’t work. Fly makes any move directed at the user miss!”

“Not any move,” Flannery countered. “And Stone Edge just happens to be one of the few moves that can hit a flying opponent!”
Torkoal generated a multitude of jagged stones out of the sandy ground and sent them rocketing up at Pidgeot. Pidgeot had only time to squawk in surprise before the stones hit it and sent it
careening to the ground with an audible thud.

“Now we’re both left with just one Pokémon,” said Gabe, unclipping a Poké Ball from his belt. “I picked this one up in the desert! Go, Claydol!”

The black clay doll Pokémon appeared.

“Claaaaaaaay,” it said in a mysterious tone of voice.

“Use Sunny Day, Torkoal!” Flannery yelled. Torkoal lifted up its head and bellowed. A miniature sun appeared in the air, filling the room with bright sunlight.

“Quick, before they can recover!” Flannery urged Torkoal. “Use Solar Beam!” Torkoal shot a greenish-yellow beam of energy at Claydol, causing a small explosion when the beam connected. However, when the smoke cleared, Claydol was still there, floating above the ground.

“Finish this!” Gabe declared. “Use Earthquake, Claydol!”
Claydol’s “arms” disconnected from its body and began pounding the sandy ground. The ground began shaking violently.

“Quickly, Torkoal, use Solar Beam again!” Flannery urged her Pokémon. Torkoal began charging for another Solar Beam, but the shaking ground made it lose its focus, and the energy it had been charging dissipated. Ultimately, the super-effective attack defeated Torkoal.

Flannery sighed and recalled her Pokémon. The small sun disappeared and steam filled the room once more.

“Well, I can’t say you didn’t deserve this,” she said, handing Gabe a Heat Badge. “I wish you luck on your journey!”
Flannery watched as the Trainer walked away. “What’s your assessment?” a voice behind her asked.

“You really wanna know, gramps?” she replied.

“I do,” the voice confirmed.

“From the way he battled…” Flannery began, “I don’t think he’ll be a threat. At least… not yet.”

//////////////////////////////////

Next Time: It’s the penultimate chapter of the Ash Ketchum Chronicles! As Professor Oak’s health worsens, his will is read! Who will inherit what? Meanwhile, Billy, Kit, and Sneasel attempt to navigate their way through Digglett’s Cave to try and reach Team Rocket’s hidden bunker somewhere near Pewter City! What will happen? Find out in chapter 22: “Billy and Kit’s Big Adventure!”​

Great chapter. Great emotional moment between the two Pallet Town boys. Also, I love Gabe's personality.

Poor Professor Oak. I can't imagine his death, either. Plus, wasn't Anabel one of those brainwashed squad members chasing Gary?

Wow, this is good, Realllly good.
No grammatical mistakes as far as I'm concerned, nothing left out.
*Subscribes To Thread*
More Chapter Noa

Wow, this is good, Realllly good.
No grammatical mistakes as far as I'm concerned, nothing left out.
*Subscribes To Thread*
More Chapter Noa

If you like this, then be sure to check out both volumes of its sequel, Pokemon GK!

i just read the prologue to GK. Did you know that ash used seven pokemon
Torterra
Staraptor
Muk
Feraligator
Charizard
Sceptile
Pikachu

Chapter 22: The Last Will And Testament of Professor Samuel Oak

A large group of people had gathered at the hospital for the reading of Samuel Oak's will. They had all been invited to come, and of all those who had been asked to come, Ash Ketchum noticed only Max and May Willamsburg were missing.

The people crowded outside of Oak's hospital room. An official-looking man in a tweed suit exited the room, and quickly shut the door behind him, but not before Ash distinctly heard an awful, heart-wrenching sound. It was Professor Oak's voice, but the noise it was making was inhuman. It was a long, drawn-out "uuuuuuuuuuuu" that made his blood run cold. Ash knew that sound; he'd heard it once before. It was the sound of a body preparing itself for absolute shutdown.

The man cleared his throat. "Professor Oak is not in a proper state to read the will," he announced. "As such, I will be reading it in his stead." He reached into his suit jacket and produced a thick document.

"'The Last Will And Testament Of Professor Samuel Oak,'" he read. "'To whom it may concern, if you are reading this then my time on this world is at its end. I, in my humble opinion, require no explanation as to what I have done on the planet; my work speaks for itself. The following are instructions on the dividing up of my possessions.

"'My son Drake and his wife Maria are now deceased, so it would be senseless to bequeath them something. In their place, I hand my entire estate, the Oak Corral, to my grandson Gary Shigen Oak and his wife Angie Palomino Simmons-Oak. They will have full access to the grounds, as well as any and all of the research I've conducted over the years. To their young son, Duncan, I bequeath the Eevee he has loved and played with for so long, to be given to him on his tenth birthday. I hope that he treats it well.

"'To Ash Ketchum, my favorite of the Trainers I've helped start their journey, I bequeath my collection of Pokemon I have used in the past to battle. Use them well as a Champion. To his beautiful wife, Misty, I leave a sizable amount of antique Pokemon Princess dolls, as I know she collects them. I leave to their daughter, Kitty, I leave the compass, binoculars, and pith helmet - my 'explorer gear' - that she loved playing with as a young child. To Gary, their son, I leave the deed of trust to my private villa in the Resort Area, to be given to him on his fifteenth birthday.

"'To my kind assistant Tracey, I bequeath all the materials in my Eevee study - including the eevee themselves. I hope that you finish my work and give those Pokemon a good home.

"'I leave to Dawn, Ash's old friend, three never-fully-released volumes of my finest poetry, that she may still enjoy it in the future. To Barry, her husband, I give the deed to my old château near Eterna City.

"'To Paul Emmo and his son Silv, I give the S.S. Masterquest, a sailing ship I have had many adventures on in the past.

"'Brock Stonesworth and his family are to receive the rights to another vacation home of mine in Eterna City.

"'Finally, to May Willamsburg and her brother Max, I give the rights to the Hoenn Battle Tower. I have not used it for far too long.'"

The man cleared his throat. "The Willamsburgs, it seems," he said, "are not here with us. The deed willed to them shall be shipped to them at a later date. As for everyone else..." he gestured to a long row of cardboard boxes beside him. "Your things are in here. They're labeled with the name of each family, so no confusion occurs."

Ash collected his family's boxes and prepared to leave. He took one last look at Professor Oak's room - he could still hear the sound emanating from it.

WWW​

In Leaf's opinion, gambling should not be this easy.

She was too young to use the actual, official Game Corner games - the slots, roulette, and their ilk - but she could play a children's casino game - Voltorb Flip.

The point of the game was to get as many coins as possible using cards that showed a number when flipped. The challenge was that various cards with pictures of Voltorb on them were randomly hidden among the other cards. Get a Voltorb, and it was game over.

However, Leaf had figured out a method to figuring out where the Voltorb were, based on the labels to the side of each row or column that showed how many points and how many Voltorb were in each. With this, she had quickly advanced through the ranks and earned more money than she could count.

"I wonder what I'll buy first," she mused. "I know! A hat!"

She exited the Game Corner, looking quite pleased with herself.

She entered a hat shop and bought for herself a nice white hat. Her mind then turned to much more serious thoughts.

"It's about time I started heading for Pallet Town," she said to herself. "It's time for me to get my revenge!"

Next Time: It all ends.​

Oak owned the battle tower?

I wonder what awesome pokemon Ash gets from Oak. Dragonite? Seaking? Charizard?

Let me guess: Drew has ambushed May and Max, which is why they aren't there. Meanwhile, Ash gets Oak's pokémon. I wonder when Gary will get some?

And in other news, Ash has a Charizard! It lives in Johto!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom