• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon: The Bell Rings

Kyuuketsuki

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have decided to go back into writing fanfics, this one is basically a Trainer Fic.

Chapter 1
The Start

It was a warm sunny day in Pallet Town, the sun’s heat was gentle, and everyone was waking up and going about their day.

Parents everywhere were opening their mailboxes, checking to see if their child’s Pokémon has been sent in by Prof. Oak. A mother grabbed her bundle of mail, which included a huge package, and rushed into her home, and into her daughter’s room.

“Your Pokémon is here!” She shouted at the top as she was running up the stairs, she heard a loud door bang, which indicated that her daughter had exited her room, the pair met halfway in the corridor.

The daughter, Bell, had long black hair tied up in a ponytail, her eyes were wide and bright green, she looked at the package in her mom’s hand with excitement, and then produced a key, which has been to given to her by Oak earlier that week, from her pocket.

“Do you think I got the one I wanted?” Bell said excited, with a hint of nervousness in her voice.

“I’m sure you did, honey.” Her mom attempted to comfort her as she handed her the parcel, the pair then went into Bell’s room and proceeded to open the packaged.

They removed all the wrapping, and produced a wooden box, inside it were five empty Pokéballs, a guide, some items, and one Pokéball that was wrapped with a metal lock. Bell inserted the key into the lock and twisted, which made a tiny sound that slipped the ears of Bell and her mother. The metal lock fell from the Pokéball.

Bell picked up the Pokéball and closed her eyes and wished for it to be the Pokémon she had wanted, she then slowly opened the Pokéball, which produced a white beam into her lap, and slowly a Pokémon began to form, it was a Bulbasaur.

“It’s what you wanted!” The mother exclaimed in happiness.

Bell was overwhelmed with joy and hugged the Pokémon that had been looking up to her, the Bulbasaur was small in size, indicating that it is a baby.

A few hours passed, in that time Bell was busy reading the guide that was in the box, which included everything she needed to know about raising Pokémon. Bulbasaur was with her mom, who cleaned him and fed him.

Bell packed her stuff in one backpack and opened the door of her room, she went through the corridor, down the stairs, and to the front door, and she opened it to see her mom playing with Bulbasaur outside. As soon as Bulbasaur noticed her, her ran towards her and stood on two legs, leaning his other two on her leg, he smiled up to her and appeared to hug her leg. Bell sat on the ground as she fed Bulbasaur some snacks.

“Alright, I’ll be inside the house if you need me.”

Her mom then got up and went into the house, gently closing the front door behind her.

A young boy approached Bell, he had a Charmander following him.

“Hey Bell!”

“Hi Chris!” Bell was happy to see that her friend had received the Pokémon he had wanted as well.

“I was going to Route 1 to catch a Pokémon,” Chris said. “Wanna come with?”

“On our own?”

“No… Jane is coming with us.”

The group arrived at Route 1 after informing their parents of where they will be. It was an area filled with trees, long grass, and other Trainers. Many Trainers were battling each other. The air was warm, though the sun wasn’t as hot as it was earlier in the day.

Chris was about Bell’s height, he had blonde hair and blue eyes, his features weren’t very distinguished, on the other hand, Jane, was a little taller that the other two, she had short blonde hair, and green eyes, and her features were very detailed.

“I’ll go catch a Pokémon!” Jane seemed more excited than Bell and Chris. She was soon running away from the pair, searching for Pokémon.

“We should search for Pokémon as well.” Chris said.

“Alright,” Bell followed him. “What do you plan on doing after you catch a Pokémon?”

“Probably challenge the Gym in Viridian City.”

“I want to challenge Gyms as well,” Bell said. “But not yet, I’ll catch and train some Pokémon first.”

“I’m going straight after I catch a Pokémon.”

“Are you sure that’s wise?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t it be?”

Before the pair could finish their conversation, they spotted a couple of Pidgey playing with each other.

“Are you ready” Chris asked as he grabbed his Pokéball.

“Yeah,” Bell produced her Pokéball. “Go Bulbasaur!”

“Go, Charmander!” Chris threw his Pokéball, sending out his Charmander.

“Attack with Tackle!” Bell commanded.

“Use Scratch!” Chris order Charmander.

The pain attacked the Pidgey and managed to surprise them, the attacks landed and threw the Pidgey back a few paces.

“Attack again!” Chris shouted to Charmander, who obeyed and scratched the same Pidgey it did before, while the other Pidgey tackled Bulbasaur back.

“Bulbasaur tackle it again!” Bell said after Bulbasaur was hit by Pidgey. The Bulbasaur threw its body at the Pidgey again, harming it and making it weak enough for capture.

“Alright,” Bell produced an empty Pokéball. “Go!” She shouted as she threw the Pokéball at the Pidgey, Chris did the same thing, but a few seconds earlier than her.

The two Pokéballs settled down, indicating that the Pokémon were successfully caught.

“I did it!” Bell shouted at the top of her lungs, her excitement was much more than Chris’.

“No need to get that excited,” Chris said as he picked up his Pokéball. “I’ll be on my way now, hopefully I’ll meet you somewhere along the road.”

“You’re going now?”

“Yeah, I need to get started, or else I won’t be able to become Champion in time.”

“Well, good luck.”

“Thanks.” He said as he walked off into the distance. Bell then returned to Pallet Town, but was met halfway by Jane.

“Did you catch a Pokémon?” Bell asked Jane, who seemed to be glowing with happiness.

“Yeah,” Jane smiled as she started talking. “I caught a Rattata and I tried to catch a Pidgey, but I couldn’t.”

The pair kept talking about their newly caught Pokémon, until they reached Pallet Town, and each headed in their own direction. The sun was setting, and as Bell approached her house, she managed to spot her mom saying goodbye to Prof. Oak

“Prof. Oak,” Bell grabbed the pair’s attention. “What brings you here?”

“Oh, Bell,” Prof. Oak didn’t seem very surprised to see her; after all, she lived here. “I was just having a talk with your mother about you.”

“Honey,” Bell’s mom entered the conversation. “Prof. Oak and I were just discussing the fact that you want to go and battle Gyms.”

“I think that would be a great thing to do,” Prof. Oak continued. “Your father would be so proud of you.” Bell smiled at the mention of her father. “However, you will need to carry your Pokédex with you, everywhere you go, and record data of the Pokémon you catch.”

“Oh wow,” Bell seemed genuinely surprised, she didn’t expect her wishes to be answered so easily. “So… I can travel on my own now?”

“Yes honey,” Her mom said. “But not right now, you can start as soon as tomorrow morning.”

What do you guys think? Too long? Too short? Not much detail? Grammar mistakes? Spelling? Please tell me so I can improve. This is not my first fanfic, I've written a couple before, but I'm a little rusty, so give me all you got.

A side note: English is my second language.

Last edited:
Chapter 2
The Journey Begins

Another sunny morning in Pallet Town, Bell was lying in her bed, starting at the white ceiling, thinking about the journey that she will start today. Bulbasaur was lying on the floor, curled up onto himself, while Pidgey was awake on top of the cupboard, cleaning his feathers.

The rays of the sun shone through the window, as the clouds had just departed from around it, the rays reflected onto Bulbasaur, who gently rolled over, exposing his belly to the rays of the sun. A knock sounded on the door.

“Who is it?” Bell said, slightly lifting her head up from her pillow.

“It’s me,” Her mother responded, her voice was very recognizable. She opened the door gently and let herself in; she was holding a tray full of food. “I made you a going-away-breakfast, there is also food in there for your Pokémon.”

Pidgey lift it’s head up from under his wing, and looked at the tray, then flew down to Bulbasaur’s side, who was wide awake by now, and eyeing the tray as well.

“Looks like they’re hungry,” Bell’s mom said as she slowly laid down the food bowls, one for each. “You should eat as well, you’ll need all the strength you need.”

“Thanks, mom.”

After a tearful goodbye, Bell was on her way, with Bulbasaur and Pidgey in their Pokéballs. She had a backpack with her, containing all the items she received from Prof. Oak when he sent her the parcel. Not long after she left her home, she was walking through the grass of Route 1.

She encountered many wild Pokémon along her way; her Pidgey seemed to be more the fighting type than Bulbasaur was; it was always the one who gave its all in battles, while Bulbasaur made the most effort.

She soon found herself in Viridian City; she healed her Pokémon at the Pokémon Center and then headed for the Gym, but she was unable to enter, as the Gym Leader was not in the Gym, however, she asked around and all she found out was the Gym Leader’s name, Blue.

After giving up on waiting for the Gym Leader to return, she decided that she would go forward into Pewter City, but she had to go Viridian Forest to get there.

As she was walking through Route 2, she saw a few Trainers battling their Pokémon, a few were training, and as she approached the entrance of Viridian Forest, she saw an old friend of hers exiting the forest, Kanan.

Kanan was Bell’s neighbor, they used to play together as small kids, but they were separated when Kanan’s family moved to Pewter City.

“Bell,” Kanan started, breaking Bell’s line of memories. “Is that you?”

“Kanan!” Bell shouted with excitement, she was overcome with joy to see a familiar face so soon after leaving her home.

The pair hugged for a few seconds both smiling.

“How have you been?” Bell started, after their hug was over. “How was your life in Pewter City, tell me everything!”

“Well, I finally got a Pokémon, and was going to start battling Gyms, I have already defeated the Pewter Gym, I was hoping to battle the Viridian Gym next.”

“Oh, that’s no use, the Gym is closed for now. I got a Pokémon as well!”

“That’s great!” Kanan said. “Did you catch any other Pokémon, I have two with me right now.”

“I have two as well!”

“Do you want to battle?”

After the two had finished catching up, they created some decent space between then for the Pokémon to battle. None of them had any idea what to expect from the other.

“I’ll send out my first Pokémon, Geodude!”

The bulky rock-shaped Pokémon formed out of the white light of the Pokéball, it seemed to be the normal size for a Geodude.

“I’ll send out Bulbasaur!”

Bell’s Pokémon had a type advantage, but it was neither fully trained nor enthusiastic for battle.

“Use Rock Throw!” Kanan commanded, and Geodude sent a number of rocks flying towards Bulbasaur.

“Use Vine Whip!” Bell ordered, not sure if her baby Bulbasaur knew that attack.

Bulbasaur sprouted vines out from his bulb, and started smashing the rocks as they came close to him, he managed to destroy most of them, but some still managed to hit.

“Now hit Geodude with Vine Whip!”

As soon as Bulbasaur regroup from that attack, he used his vines to hit Geodude and throw him back a little, Geodude responded by throwing more rocks, at the command of his Trainer. The pair kept exchanging attacks, and eventually Bulbasaur was too tired to continue, and Geodude had lost all the energy to even keep hovering, and both Pokémon were called back into their Pokéballs.

“Guess we are both down to our last Pokémon.” Kanan said, eager to test out his newly caught Pokémon.

“Don’t expect it to be easy!” Bell was more excited to battle then she thought she would be, her hand landed of Pidgey’s Pokéball and she snatched it from her belt, and threw it to the floor, revealing the Pidgey who was just as eager to battle as his Trainer.

“I should have expected that,” Kanan seemed disappointed, as if he had lost hope in this battle. “Go! Weedle!”

The little bug Pokémon formed out of the Pokéball, Bell had the type advantage once more, as well as the level advantage, Pidgey was training very hard, and Weedle was just a newly caught Pokémon. Bell smiled and ordered the attack. “Gust!”

Pidgey flapped it’s wings rapidly, and produced a small but strong typhoon. Weedle was sure to be defeated by the attack, but Kanan wasn’t going to go down without a fight. “Poison Sting!”

Weedle shot a few small needles at Pidgey, but the attack was proven to be useless, the gust that Pidgey produced sent the needles flying back at Weedle. The force of the wind itself managed to defeat Weedle, and thankfully, the needles missed it, as it would have been just hurtful to get hit by your own attack while you’re down.

“Return, Weedle.” Kanan returned his Pokémon to his Pokéball. “That was really good, I’m sure you won’t have trouble defeating the Pewter City Gym.”

“Thanks,” Bell said as she returned Pidgey to it’s Pokéball. “Why don’t we heal first, before going into Viridian Forest, and to Pewter City.”

“Sure thing.”

Come on guys, leave me some comments and feedback...

Last edited:
Chapter 3
The Forest Critters

After healing their Pokémon and stocking up of Antidote, as instructed by Kanan, the pair soon found themselves in front of the entrance of Viridian Forest.

A forest filled with Bug Pokémon, and so thick with trees light could barely find it’s way in. The idea didn’t appeal much to Bell, who was not afraid of bugs, but rather the dark. She had always thought that something might jump at her in the dark, and a forest filled with small Pokémon that could be all around her in the dark didn’t make her any less uneasy.

However, she was determined to go on with her adventure, for her mother, Prof. Oak, and most importantly, for her father.

“Are you ready?” Kanan interrupted Bell’s line of thoughts.

“Yeah,” Bell said, her confidence slowly building up. “Let’s go.”

Just as she expected, the forest was very dim in lighting, she could hear the Pokémon, but not see them. She and Kanan had both defeated one Bug Catcher each. Bell was eager to catch a third Pokémon, and she had her eyes on a Pokémon that she saw in the possession of a Bug Catcher, Caterpie.

After wandering the forest for a while, the pair decided to take a well deserved rest, they sat on the grass and sent out all their Pokémon, and they began feeding them some of the Pokémon food they bought from the Pokémon Center.

A rustle was heard behind the cover of trees, and sounds of people talking was heard, and unwillingly, Bell and Kanan were soon listening in.

“There is no way we will find it.” A female voice said.

“It’s defiantly here,” A male voice responded. “If we don’t find it, how will we be the strongest Trainers ever?”

“There surely is an easier way,” The female said. “Why do we have to search for it?”

“It’s bad enough that…”

The voices were soon out of reach. Bell and Kanan shared a confused look, but they didn’t talk about what happened, and soon they forgot about it completely as they started training their Pokémon.

An hour or so later, they were soon on the move again, Bell defeated another Bug Catcher, while Kanan was giving a lot of attention to training his Weedle while they were moving, by having it shoot it’s Poison Sting at random leaves that are falling from the trees.

Bell began feeling frustrated as she neared the exit, and have not encountered a single Caterpie. She was also surprised at the fact that she didn’t have as much trouble with her Pokémon being poison as she thought. All in all, the trip through Viridian Forest seemed to be easy and shorter than expected. Almost as if she was just going through a normal route, her fear of the dark was still there, though it didn’t hinder her at all.

“Hey look there,” Kanan said and pointed to a couple of Trainers who were talking to each other, their voices were easily recognized as the ones they heard earlier, they had just picked up a Pokéball from the ground, seems like they’ve just caught a Pokémon.

The female was dressed in casual clothes, dominated by the bright yellow and pink colors, she had long blonde hair that flowed gracefully and moved at every hint of a breeze.

The male on the other hand, seemed to be wearing a formal suit, though it was dirty and was ripped in two or three places. He had short dark hair and seemed to stand confidently, as if he had declared the forest to be his.

“That wasn’t as hard as I expected.” The female said, again destroying the idea that Viridian Forest was a very tough place for Trainers to go through.

“It didn’t even put up that much of a battle.” The male said, his tone was extremely cocky and condescending.

“We didn’t exactly give it much time to battle,” The female added. “We caught it by surprise.”

The female reached to pick up the Pokéball, only to get her hand grabbed violently by her partner, and subsequently thrown away.

“It’s mine, not yours.” He said with dominance, his partner could do nothing about it, as though he could control whatever she did.

He picked up the Pokéball and attached it to his belt, the pair then left the forest without even noticing Bell and Kanan. The female rubbed her wrist as she followed her partner.

Bell and Kanan shared another confused look, they wanted to do something about what just happened, but they weren’t sure if it was their place to interfere. There were a few seconds of awkward silence before Weedle decided to lean against Kanan’s leg, hinting that it’s tired.

“Return Weedle,” Kanan returned Weedle to it’s Pokéball, and attached it to his belt. “Well, there’s the exit. Shall we get going?”

“Yeah,” Bell said, returning her focus to her friend. “Let’s get out of here.” She said as her fear returned to her with a big surprise, what she just saw unsettled her greatly and she couldn’t wait to get out of the forest.

The pair walked in a steady pace and finally managed to reach the exit, which seemed to be getting further as they walked, their thoughts were getting the best of them.

Bell’s eyes started hurting her for no reason, it took a few seconds for her to realize it was the sun; she was finally out of Viridian Forest.

“This is the second half of Route 2,” Kanan said. “Pewter City is right there.” He pointed at the entrance of the city, which was built out of rock.

Bell was speechless, the entrance itself seemed to be like a grand point in her journey, while the city surprised her, she never thought she would see another city as big as Viridian.

“We should heal our Pokémon before taking you to challenge the Gym, it will be tough”

Why won't anyone comment? At least tell me if I'm doing something wrong...

Last edited:

For one...

Why is your text in white...?

Why? Is it against the rules?

And you could've given me better feedback than just the appearance. It's white because it gives it a distinctive feel, to me at least.

Chapter 4
The New Trainers From Pallet Town

After healing and spending some time in Kanan’s house, catching up with his parents, and having a decent meal, Bell was invited to sleep in the guest room for the night; the sun was already setting, and the Gym didn’t open at this late hour.

To Bell it seemed as if her luck was turbulent, she left her home, only to find her childhood friend who kept her company, failed to find the Pokémon she wanted, and then being invited into her former neighbors home. It was as if she always had a slice of Pallet Town with her, wherever she went, she never felt homesick as everywhere she went, someone always made her feel as if she was at home.

She retired into the guest room, and quickly fell asleep, all the walking in Viridian Forest and training her Pokémon had taken their toll on her. She had the lights on, and placed her Pokéballs in her backpack. She had a long well deserved sleep, never interrupted by dreams.

Kanan’s family consisted of him, his parents, and a newborn baby boy. They were very kind to Bell as she was their neighbor in Pallet, but they were nice to everyone they met.

A couple of hours after the sun had risen, Bell woke up, brushed her teeth, and got ready to challenge the Gym.

Kanan accompanied her to the front door, and he planned to go with her to the Gym, for emotional support, he knew how tough Gym battles could be. As the pair had breakfast, and left the house, they soon ran into another Trainer from Pallet, Chris.

“Hey Chris!” Bell was happy to see another familiar face. She began to feel as if she will never leave Pallet Town. “How have you been?”

“I’m fine,” He said. “I got my first Badge yesterday, it was tough, but Charmander managed to handle it.”

“This is Kanan,” Bell introduced her friends to each other, as they have never met before. “He was my neighbor before I met you.”

“Nice to meet you,” Kanan said and extended his arm for a handshake, which Chris accepted.

“It’s great running into you again,” Chris said after letting go of Kanan’s hand. “I am going to get my second Gym Badge, I hope to see you again.”

“Me too,” Bell said happily. “Bye.”

“Bye.”

With that, Chris left in the opposite direction Bell and Kanan were going. She was certain that luck is on her side, everything in her journey had been easy so far, and she was sure it would continue to be that way. And as luck would have it, she ran into Jane.

Jane was just exiting the museum. Bell was hyper by the fact that she met another piece of home. Jane and Kanan had met each other before, and thus needed no introduction to each other. After catching up with each other, Jane and Bell went their own way. Bell found out that Jane was not aiming to collect Badges, but to just collect Pokémon.

Bell was soon at the doors of Pewter City Gym, she entered with her confidence in herself higher than she ever thought it would get.

“Welcome,” The Gym Leader said, he had brown hair and his eyes were closed. “I am the Leader of this Gym, if you defeat me, then you will earn the Boulder Badge, however, defeating me will be a very difficult mission for you.”

“I am ready for the challenge, “ Bell said enthusiastically. “My name is Bell and I challenge you!”

“Alright,” The Gym Leader said. “I, Forrest, accept your challenge!”

“Go, Bulbasaur!” Bell sent out her first Pokémon, she guessed by the look of the Gym that it specializes in Rock Pokémon. Her hunch was confirmed when Forrest sent out a Geodude, it seemed to be stronger than Kanan’s Geodude.

“Use Vine Whip!” Bell wasn’t going to let Geodude attack first, she had learned her lesson and was not going to make the same mistake again.

Bulbasaur extended his vines to hit Geodude with them, he understood the importance of this battle, and was fully focused in this battle.

“Dig!” Forrest commanded. Geodude began digging, but Vine Whip connected and threw Geodude back a few paces, this didn’t stop Geodude from going back into digging, and it was soon out of sight, with the hole it dug blocked by sand.

A few seconds passed, when suddenly Geodude appeared and attacked Bulbasaur from below it, it threw it in the air and sent itself towards it.

“Now use Seismic Toss!”

Geodude grabbed Bulbasaur and threw it head first into the floor of the Gym.

“Bulbasaur! Use Wine Whip again!” Bell commanded when Bulbasaur managed to get up, once again extending it’s vines towards Geodude.

“Use Sandstorm!” Forrest commanded, and suddenly a sandstorm began brewing, but that didn’t stop Bulbasaur’s Vine Whip, and as soon as it connected with Geodude, it was knocked out.

“Return Geodude!” Forrest called back his Pokémon, then grabbed another Pokéball. “Here goes my last Pokémon. Go, Steelix!”

A giant snake like Pokémon emerged, it seemed to have a body composed entirely of steel. Bell had never seen a Pokémon as huge as this one before, and doubted the Bulbasaur will be able to harm it.

“Use Iron Tail!” Forrest commanded, and Steelix hit Bulbasaur with it’s tail, sending the little Grass Pokémon flying halfway across the arena. Bell knew Vine Whip would barely harm Steelix, and Pidgey would probably fail to take down that beast as well.

Then it clicked, all that training, Bulbasaur had a new move.

“Use PoisonPowder!” Bell commanded, and pits of purple powder shot from the bulb on Bulasaur’s back, and were carried to Steelix by the sandstorm.

Steelix was soon poisoned, but Bulbasaur had lost all it’s energy, and quickly got knocked out by the sandstorm.

“You did a good job,” Bell said to Bulbasaur, and she meant it, Bulbasaur gave it’s all in this battle. “Return,” Bell returned Bulbasaur to it’s Pokéball, and then grabbed another one. “Go, Pidgey!”

The little bird Pokémon formed, and Bell was sure it can’t defeat Steelix, it can however, hold it’s own until the poison takes it out.

“Use Sand Attack!” Bell wanted to make sure that the only attacks Pidgey would receive would come from the sandstorm.

“Iron Tail!” Forrest ordered, and to his surprise, Pidgey threw sand into Steelix’s face, making his attack miss.

“Again Pidgey!” Bell said, proud of her strategic thinking.

Once again, Steelix could not attack Pidgey, and with every Sand Attack, he missed the little bird by more distance than before.

“Now use Tackle!”

Even though the attack didn’t do much, it was enough to knock Steelix out, combined with Bulbasaur’s poison. The sandstorm stopped and Forrest called Steelix back into it’s Pokéball.

“Congratulations,” Forrest said. “You won.”

Bell returned her Pidgey to it’s Pokéball and after the sandstorm was gone, she noticed that a Crobat had been observing the entire battle.

“You have deserved the Boulder Badge.” Forrest said, handing Bell the Boulder Badge, an octagon shaped grey Badge.

“Thank you,” Bell said. “That was a great battle.”

“You were pretty good yourself.”

Last edited:
Chapter 5
The New Challengers

Bell spent a couple of days with Kanan’s family, it didn’t matter to her how long it will take her to get the job done, but she wasn’t going to rush things. She spent most of that time learning about the historical Pokémon fossils in the museum. She eventually decided to leave Pewter City, and head for Route 3.

She and Kanan had decided to travel together, as they were both on the same quest, and none of them were in a hurry, unlike Chris, who wanted to sweep Kanto as fast as possible, or Jane, who had different goals than to collect Gym Badges.

As soon as they pair reached Route they saw two familiar faces, the pair they saw in Viridian Forest, and as before, they seemed to have just caught a Pokémon, but this time, the guy allowed his female companion to pick up the Pokéball and keep it as her own.

“Hey you!” The guy shouted at them. “What are you staring at?!”

“Oh sorry,” Bell said quickly, she was intimidated by whoever this person was. “I just remember seeing you guys in Viridian Forest.”

“Maybe we should battle them, and check our new Pokémon.” His female partner said.

“I’m up for a double battle,” Kanan added. “Are you?” He asked Bell who nodded and prepared her Pokéball. “My name is Kanan, and this is Bell.”

“I’m Sahiba,” The female said. “And this is Eisig.”

“No time for names,” Eisig said. “They don’t matter anyway. Let’s battle already!”

Bell sent out her Bulbasaur, while Kanan sent out his Geodude. Eisig sent out the Pokémon he caught in Viridian Forest, Pikachu, and Sahiba sent out her newly caught Pokémon, Jigglypuff.

Before Bell could even strategize her moves, Eisig ordered Pikachu to use ThunderShock, Pikachu aimed it’s attack at Bulbasaur, and the attack hit, and it did more damage than what Bell had expected.

“Cool it,” Kanan seemed to be trying hard to hold back his anger, even though he wasn’t very angry. “We just started.”

“There’s no time to go easy,” Eisig stated. “Do you expect people to always go east on you?”

“Rock Throw!” Kanan ordered, ignoring Eisig’s remarks.

“Pound!” Sahiba ordered her newly caught Pokémon, and it ran up to Geodude, and was hit with the rocks that were intended for Pikachu, knocking it back, and stopping the attack it tried to deliver.

“Vine Whip!” Bell finally ordered an attack.

“Quick Attack!”

Pikachu ran with an amazing speed to Bulbasaur, and attacked it with it’s body, however, this made it possible for Bulbasaur to deliver a much stronger Vine Whip, as Pikachu was very close to Bulbasaur.

Suddenly, a small amount or electricity ran through Bulbasaur’s vines, and it was paralyzed; Pikachu’s ability had worked.

“Sing!” Sahiba ordered. But to no avail, as Kanan ordered Geodude to use Tackle, which knocked Jigglypuff out.

“Now use Magnitude!” Kanan ordered, and Geodude smashed the ground with it’s fists, causing a very small earthquake, which made little damage to Bulbasaur, and a lot more to Pikachu, but it wasn’t enough to knock it out.

“ThunderShock!” Eisig ordered once more, and this time, the attack was enough to knock out Bulbasaur, which was a big surprise to Bell; Bulbasaur shouldn’t have been knocked out so fast, was Pikachu really that strong?

“Another Magnitude!” Kanan commanded. This one was stronger than the past one and managed to throw Pikachu in the air, and as soon as it hit the ground, it was knocked out.

Eisig returned his Pokémon to it’s Pokéball silently, Sahiba had already called Jigglypuff back into it’s Pokéball.

“You just got lucky,” Eisig finally spoke, delivering one of he most common lines for sore losers. “You were of no help, how useless.” He said to Sahiba, and then walked away coldly. Sahiba followed him in shame.

“Let’s go back and heal.” Kanan suggested, and the pair walked back to Pewter City.

Bell healed her Pokémon, and so did Kanan. The pair then proceeded back to Route 3. After walking for a few minutes, they managed to spot a pair of Pokémon, Nidoran♀ and Nidoran♂.

“Do you want to catch them?” Kanan said, with Geodude’s Pokéball in his hand, indicating that he will catch one whither she wanted the other or not.

“Yes,” Bell’s answer was predictable, she needed a new addition to her team, especially after failing to find the Pokémon she desired in Viridian Forest. “Go, Bulbasaur!” Bell sent out her Pokémon, alarming the pair they were attempting to catch.

Kanan’s Geodude was sent out a few moments after Bulbasaur. “Rock Throw!” Kanan ordered, and Geodude managed to hit both of the Pokémon.

“Vine Whip!” Bell followed, and managed to weaken the pair as well.

The pair of Nidoran ran towards Geodude and Bulbasaur, they jumped and kicked Bulbasaur and Geodude with their legs, they had both used Double Kick.

Bell and Kanan both knew that these Pokémon would make great battlers for another double battle.

Geodude responded by another Rock Throw as his Trainer ordered, the chunks of rock were smaller this time, but more in numbers, and they managed to throw the Nidoran away.

Kanan threw an empty Pokéball at the purple Nidoran, and Bell followed shortly after, and threw her Pokéball at Nidoran♀. The balls moved for a while, Kanan’s capture seemed to be shaking more violently, while Bell’s was moving around wildly.

Eventually the two Pokéballs settled down, and the Pokémon were successfully captured. Bell and Kanan high fived each other in happiness, and each picked up their Pokéball.

Last edited:
Why? Is it against the rules?

And you could've given me better feedback than just the appearance. It's white because it gives it a distinctive feel, to me at least.
Just as a comment, changing the color of the text can make it hard to read with certain forum styles (for example, if I want to read it, I'd need to keep the text selected or outright copy it into Notepad). I'm sure I'm not the only one with that problem either...

But no, it's not against the rules, so you can relax.

Just as a comment, changing the color of the text can make it hard to read with certain forum styles (for example, if I want to read it, I'd need to keep the text selected or outright copy it into Notepad). I'm sure I'm not the only one with that problem either...

But no, it's not against the rules, so you can relax.

I have no problem seeing it... Oh... You meant for people who change the forum style... I know this will sound selfish... but I honestly like it better this way... Sorry to everyone who can't read it :(

The lack of constructive comments for this story makes me sad. D:

I was going to whine about the grammar errors here and there (being a grammar freak, myself) but then I read that English is your second language, and I have to say, you're a pretty good writer still. Mainly I just see a lot of long sentences with lots of commas, and a few spelling errors.

Even though this story isn't too amazing or jaw-dropping, I like it, and a lot of Pokemon stories strangely don't keep my interest for long.

Good luck with the rest of your writing, I'd like to see more. :D

Oh, and I like how you made the chapters a different font color. It stands out.

The lack of constructive comments for this story makes me sad. D:

I was going to whine about the grammar errors here and there (being a grammar freak, myself) but then I read that English is your second language, and I have to say, you're a pretty good writer still. Mainly I just see a lot of long sentences with lots of commas, and a few spelling errors.

Even though this story isn't too amazing or jaw-dropping, I like it, and a lot of Pokemon stories strangely don't keep my interest for long.

Good luck with the rest of your writing, I'd like to see more. :D

Oh, and I like how you made the chapters a different font color. It stands out.

Thank you for your comment! I will try to work on those issues in the coming chapters. And it's slow now, but the plot will get a little bit darker with time, I have it all planned out, but I'm still open for suggestions. And finally someone managed to see the point of the white font!

I have no problem seeing it... Oh... You meant for people who change the forum style... I know this will sound selfish... but I honestly like it better this way... Sorry to everyone who can't read it :(

If you want more people to review you have to please the readers which is why we use black so that everyone can read and don't have any problems.

If you want more people to review you have to please the readers which is why we use black so that everyone can read and don't have any problems.
No more comments on the issue, says the local mod. The author already explained the reasons for the alternate-colored font.

Chapter 6
The Secret Stone

The pair battled many Trainers along their way, taking turns in battling, and against one of the opponents, a Lass who owned a couple of Pidgey, Kanan’s Weedle evolved into a Kakuna.

The pair eventually reached Route 4, where there was a Pokémon Center right next to the entrance of Mt. Moon. Bell and Kanan healed their Pokémon, before deciding to stay in the Center for the rest of the day, as the trip through Mt. Moon would be long, and the sun was starting to set.

“Hey miss…” A voice whispered to Bell as soon as she woke up. The pair were sleeping in their sleeping bags on the floor, as rooms were limited. “I know you just woke up, and you’re lucky for that, I want to offer you a very rare Pokémon for just 500 Pokémon Dollars. It’s called Magikarp.”

“I’m not an idiot,” Bell was suddenly energetic. “I know how useless that Pokémon is.”

The man freaked out and ran away from Bell, and presumably out of the Pokémon Center.

“Nicely done,” Kanan said. “I was awake the whole time, but decided not to even open my eyes. How did Oak know about this?”

“He said that many of the Trainers he sent to collect data for the Pokédex fell for it, and they warned him.”

“They must have been pretty stupid…” Kanan laughed. “Everyone knows how weak Magikarp is.”

Bell and Kanan entered Mt. Moon, and wandered aimlessly before they finally realized that they have lost the exit.

“Where to now?” Bell asked. “You lived near this place for years, you never visited it?”

“No,” Kanan said. “I had more important stuff to do than exploration.”

“There’s the exit!” Bell was ecstatic to find the door, and she ran towards it, fading into the light that came from the door, Kanan ran after her and as soon as he crossed the doorway, he saw Bell standing still, she was staring at a giant rock in awe.

“That’s a Moon Stone,” a man wearing a white lab coat, with scruffy brown hair and medical glassed approached them. “My name is Seymour, I am a scientist that studies the behavior of Pokémon here in Mt. Moon. The Clefairy come here to evolve into Clefable.” He then produced smaller versions of the stone from his pocket. “These are usable for only one time, while the larger stone can be used an unlimited number of times.”

“I’m Kanan, and this is Bell.” Kanan said, as Bell was still staring weirdly at the stone. “We were just passing through Mt. Moon and got lost.”

“So pretty…” Bell whispered to herself, which made Kanan almost break down in laughter.”

“I can show you the way out if you would like,” Seymour continued, seemingly ignoring Bell. “I know this place pretty well, I can get you out in no time.”

Before Kanan could respond to the offer, a punch of Clefairy entered the room, and began dancing around the Moon Stone. Every now and then one would take a very tiny piece from the Moon Stone, smaller than the stones that Seymour had. The Clefairy would then dance it’s way off to another Clefairy, and they form groups of five.

“They’re making Moon Stones,” Seymour stated. “It’s quite nice to watch.”

Kanan was upset by the fact that Seymour ruined the surprise of what would happen, it was like hearing the ending of a movie in the middle of the most important scene in the movie.

“It’s amazing,” Kanan said, he was trying not to yell at Seymour, though he really wanted to. “Shall we get going, Bell?”

Bell finally turned her attention to Kanan and the man next to him, and managed to recall hearing their conversation and figured everything out. As the group turned to the ext, they managed to see the silhouette of a person approaching, the footsteps seemed to have no sound, even though that person was marching towards them.

Finally, the person’s features began to appear. He was a man in his forties, dark hair with a hint of gray in it, his eyes were void of any emotions. Bell could sense that this wasn’t going to end in a good way.

As the mysterious man was out of the darkness of the cave and into the light of the room they were in, his clothes became clear. All he was wearing was a very long coat that was buttoned, revealing nothing underneath.

“Hello,” The man said with a chilling deep voice. “My name is Gabriel. And you are?”

“I’m Seymour,” The man spoke, seemingly not noticing the air of awkwardness that was in the room. “And these are Kanan and Bell.”

“Pleasure,” Gabriel said simply. “I take it these Clefairy are yours?”

“No, They’re wild Pokémon living in Mt. Moon.” Seymour said.

“You would not mind me observing would you?” Gabriel’s eyes seemed to be starting directly at the core of Seymour’s eyes.

“No, not at all.” Seymour said, finally feeling what Bell and Kanan were feeling.

Gabriel walked slowly towards a group of Clefairy. He began circling them as they were combing their pieces to make a Moon Stone. After they finally finished, every single one of them let go of it simultaneously, and none of them evolved.

“Interesting,” Gabriel said to himself, drawing the Clefairy attention. “That’s an excellent strategy.”

“I don’t trust him…” Bell whispered to Kanan.

“I don’t either,” He replied. “We should probably get going.”

“I will take my leave now,” Gabriel spoke as he started to leave the room. “Pleasure.” He said before finally disappearing into the darkness of another tunnel next to the one he came from.

“I love having visitors!” Seymour exclaimed. “The last time three people visited me, they had saved my life. Anyway, I would like to give you these two Moon Stones.” He said as he handed Bell and Kanan the Moon Stones he had shown Kanan earlier. “They will help you without any doubt.”

“Thanks,” Bell said before putting the stone in her backpack, Kanan did the same. “We should probably get out now.”

The pair found themselves at the exit with the help of Seymour. The said their goodbyes and then headed for Cerulean City through Route 4. Bell spotted a few Rattata and Spearow, but she wasn’t in the mood for catching Pokémon, and decided to stick with her team of three for now.

Bell and Kanan eventually reached Cerulean City, and they were both ready to take on the Cerulean Gym. They decided to spend the rest of the day in the Pokémon Center, and challenge the Gym in the morning. Bell knew that now there was no chance that she would run into Chris or Jane anytime soon. The time she spent with Kanan and his family after acquiring the Boulder Badge gave Chris and Jane a huge head start.

Bell had three Pokémon with her now, all of them trained and ready for Battle, the same could be said for Kanan.

Although she was clearly able to beat the Gym, she couldn’t help but point out the odd things that occurred in her journey so far. Why didn’t Weedle evolve faster, it was a Bug Pokémon and it should be in it’s final form by now. Having almost no trouble in Mt. Moon besides getting lost for no more than an hour. Meeting Kanan who has greatly helped her.

It was as if Bell was destined to get to a certain point. And she was extremely afraid of the point where her luck would run out and she would have to rely entirely on herself after receiving help for so long.

Concerning the colour issue, I know that I sounded very selfish when I said I won't change it. I know this will also sound selfish, but I take writing as a hobby, meaning I will keep writing whether everyone or no one reads. Sorry again guys...

Last edited:
Chapter 7
The Rise & Fall

Bell woke up after experiencing one of the most frightening nightmares ever and yet one of the least complicated. Her dream was simple; she was just sitting at her mother’s grave for a few minutes. All that the dream had told was that she was homesick, even if she didn’t believe in dream interpretation.

Bell looked around, and soon realized that there was something missing, Kanan was nowhere to be found. Bell guessed that he must have gone training, and decided to train her Pokémon until he comes back. As soon as she exited the Pokémon Center, she spotted Kanan a few paces away.

“Where have you been?” Bell asked casually, she didn’t seem to care much, she was just curious.

“I challenged the Gym,” Kanan said. “And won.”

Bell somehow felt betrayed, even though she shouldn’t be. Bell and Kanan had no kind of obligation to each other. She felt her as though her anger would get the best her and slap Kanan across the face. But then she realized that Kanan is the only one who can give her tips on how to defeat the Gym Leader.

“Was it a tough battle?” She finally said after awkward moments of silence.

“Yes,” Kanan said. “The Gym Leader had a type advantage, but Kakuna came through for me and evolved into a Beedrill.”

Bell was again furious, this was the second time she missed that Pokémon evolve, the first time she was busy training her own Pokémon, when it evolved against a Lass. But she was determined to hold in her anger.

“Congratulations.” That was all Bell could utter in her anger.

After training for a long time in Route 4, she finally went to the Gym. There seemed to be a very large pool, with a platform floating on top of it.

“Welcome to the Cerulean City Gym,” A female voice said from the other end of the pool. “I am Misty, the Gym Leader.”

Bell seemed surprised, Kanan never mentioned the Gym Leader being a girl. Misty was dressed in what seemed to be a yellow swimming suit. She was also holding a Pokémon in her hands, one that wasn’t native to Kanto. Misty saw Bell staring at the Pokémon in her hands.

“It’s called Azurill,” Misty explained. “A friend of mine gave it to me when it was an egg. Now, do you want to battle or what?”

“I’m ready!” Bell suddenly became focused in the battle that hasn’t started yet. “I choose Bulbasaur!”

Bell sent out her starter, it looked tougher than ever and eager to battle.

“Alright,” Misty said, seemingly happy. “I saw a few of those before, I know their moves. I’ll send out-“

She was interrupted as a duck-like Pokémon sent itself out of it’s Pokéball in Misty’s bag.

“Psyduck!” Misty shouted, her face was red with anger. “Not that again!”

“Vine Whip!” Bell ordered, she thought that Misty had chosen Psyduck and was not willing to take away the element of surprise from Bulbasaur.

As expected, Bulbasaur’s whips connected with the Pokémon before it realized what had happened, and threw him across the gym and into the pool, where it seemed to be flailing around, as if it can’t swim.

“Return!” Misty called back her Pokémon. “And don’t come back out.”

“I choose Corsola!” Misty sent out Corsola, a white and pink Pokémon.

“Vine whip again!” Bell was surprised when Bulbasaur managed to knock out Corsola with just one hit.

“I forgot it was also a Rock Pokémon,” Misty said as it returned the Pokémon to it’s Pokéball. “Now I’ll send out Gyarados!”

Bell knew that Bulbasaur no longer had a type advantage.

“Return, Bulbasaur,” Bell called the Pokémon back to it’s Pokéball. “I choose Pidgey!”

Bell threw the Pokéball to reveal Pidgey, who looked tougher than ever, just like Bulbasaur. Pidgey seemed to be more eager to battle than Bulbasaur was.

“Sand Attack!” Bell shouted to her Pidgey, who flew down scratching it’s legs across the borders of the pool and sending small particles into Gyarados’ eyes.

Pidgey wasn’t very happy being just some strategy battler, it wanted to attack the Gyarados and prove it’s strength.

“Hydro Pump!” Misty ordered, and Gyarados obeyed, shooting a stream of water flying towards Pidgey and knocking it out in one hit.

Bell returned Pidgey to it’s Pokéball. And sent out her Nidoran. “Use Poison Sting!” Bell shouted as soon as Nidoran was out of the Pokéball.

“Hydro Pump!” Gyarados once again proved it’s strength, and knocked Nidoran out. Even though it’s accuracy was poor after Pidgey’s attack, it was still a rough opponent.

Bell called her fallen back, she knew all hope was lost now, and that she won’t be able to win this battle. “You win,” She finally said. “I give up.” Bell then quickly ran out of the Gym and into the Pokémon Center, where she healed her Pokémon.

“Did you get your badge?” Kanan asked her as he noticed her at the desk. “Was it a tough battle?”

“I lost,” Bell said, hiding the fact that she gave up. “How come every Gym Leader so far has a Pokémon that isn’t native to Kanto?” She quickly changed the subject, losing meant that her luck had finally run out, and that was upsetting beyond belief.

“It’s not that annoying,” Kanan said. “They both also had Pokémon that wasn’t the type of the Gym’s specialty. Forrest had Steelix. Misty has Azurill. And I’m sure you’ll challenge her again after you train more, and win.

Bell was determined to catch a Pokémon that will help her in her quest. She needed an Electric Pokémon, the thing that will help her take that Gyarados out.

When suddenly, a tiny glimmer of hope appeared. Eisig and Sahiba had just arrived at Cerulean City. She wanted to ask Eisig for his Pikachu, but was sure he was going to refuse. She walked up to them anyway.

“Hey, Sahiba,” Bell started. “Eisig.”

Chapter 8
The Struggle

Bell walked slowly towards the pair. She knew that Eisig would never loan her his Pikachu, and regretted ever calling out for them. She felt her face turn red, and decided that she wouldn’t ask for Pikachu. She barely knew them.

“What brings you guys here?” Bell said, trying to mask the nervousness in her voice.

“Why do you care?” Eisig said. Sahiba was going to answer, but was interrupted before starting her part of the conversation.

“I was just saying hi,” Bell lied. “Trying to start a conversation.”

“Don’t do that again.” Eisig said before walking away. Sahiba followed slowly, with a look that reflected Eisig’s dominance over her.

Bell sat inside the Center for ages, just thinking about how to defeat Misty without an Electric Pokémon.

That was when she began to give up on all hope. It was also when the solution was presented to her. A cloaked man came into the Center and sat next to Bell, his face could not be seen, nor any skin for that matter.

“I know what is troubling you,” The man said, his voice was being altered into a more robotic voice. “I can help you.”

“Do I know you?” Bell responded, she was confused at the sudden approach of this man.

He did not answer. Instead he produced a Pokéball that seemed to have a metal detector attached to it.

“Take this to the man in the Sea Cottage north from this city.” He handed the Pokéball to Bell and rushed away from her. He exited the Center before Bell could say anything else. She tried following him, but he was nowhere to be found.

Belll went north as instructed. She didn’t open the Pokéball to see what it contained.

“Hey!” Someone shouted at Bell. She turned her head and saw a familiar face, Sahiba.

“What are you doing here?” Sahiba asked, though she didn’t seem interested.

“I’m just looking around,” Bell lied. “What are you doing here?”

“Nothing important really,” Sahiba said. “Do you want to battle?”

The request came out of nowhere, but Bell wasn’t going to back down. She wanted to prove that she was a strong Trainer, and that it wasn’t just luck that was on her side.

“I’ll choose Bulbasaur!” Bell sent out her starter, who now seemed stronger than ever and ready to evolve.

“I’ll choose Jigglypuff!” Sahiba sent out the same Pokémon she had used in her last battle. “This will be a one on one.” She said without care for Bell’s opinion on this.

“Vine Whip!” Bell immediately ordered, she wasn’t going to waste anytime or give Sahiba a chance to win.

The vines smacked Jigglypuff across the face and threw it off it’s balance.

“Disable!” Sahiba said as Jigglypuff rose up. For a split second Jigglypuff seemed to have attacked Bulbasaur mentally. As Bulbasaur just shivered and retracted it’s vines.

“Vine Whip!” Bell ordered. But Bulbasaur just froze as if it was paralyzed.

“Pound!” Sahiba said, and Jigglypuff attacked Bulbasaur. It was then that Bell figured out what Disable did. She now had to rely on another attack.

“Tackle it!”

Bulbasaur threw it’s body at Jigglypuff sending it flying away from him.

“Again!” Bell commanded, and Bulbasaur obeyed. It repeated it’s attack, and Jigglypuff was knocked out.

Sahiba returned her Pokémon to it’s Pokéball, and began to turn away when Bulbasaur caught it’s attention.

Bulbasaur was shining in a bright white light. It grew in size and it’s bulb opened to reveal a bud. It had evolved into Ivysaur.

Sahiba shrugged off her defeat and walked away, presumably to find Eisig.

“You evolved!” Bell was overwhelmed with joy. She knew that her newly evolved Pokémon alone could beat Misty. She had regained her confidence, but was still determined to find out what her mysterious fourth Pokémon was.

Bell arrived at the Sea Cottage, from which Eisig and Sahiba seemed to be leaving. Eisig gave Bell a very condescending look, and proceeded to walk away from her, and as usual Sahiba followed.

Bell knocked on the door and entered after being invited in. There was an old man sitting in the cottage, with many evolutionary stones laid out in front of him.

“How can I help you?” He said in the most welcoming voice Bell had heard since she left Pewter City.

“Someone gave me a Pokémon and told me to bring it here,” Bell said as she produced the Pokéball.

“Why don’t we see it then?” The old man said, eager to see what Pokémon the girl has in store.

Bell threw the Pokéball to the ground, and it produced a light, which then shaped itself into a Pokémon.

“Ah,” The old man said. “It’s an Eevee.”

Last edited:
Chapter 9
The Thunderstone

“Eevee has a variety of evolutions,” The old man explained. “I can only offer you three of them. Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon. Water, Electric and Fire.”

Bell now understood what the mysterious man meant by helping her; he knew she needed an Electric Pokémon. How he knew or why he helped her remained unknown to her. But what she wanted to know most was who he was.

“So, are you planning on evolving her?” The old man snapped Bell back into reality.

“I’ll think about it,” Bell replied. “I’ll be back later.”

Bell withdrew her Pokémon and exited the Sea Cottage and went back to Cerulean City.

As she was crossing the Nugget Bridge, Bell started to think more about her unusual luck. A very rare Pokémon was given to her without any requests of her. She reached Cerulean City and ran into Kanan before going into the Pokémon Center.

“Where have you been?” Kanan asked, seemingly worried about her. “I’ve been waiting for you to challenge the Gym Leader again.”

“I trained my Pokémon,” Bell said, and it wasn’t exactly a lie. “Bulbasaur evolved.”

“Congratulations!”

“Thank you,” Bell said. “You should go ahead of me. Get your Gym Badges. I can manage by myself.”

“What do you mean?” Kanan was confused by Bell’s statement.

“What I mean is that you should go and get your next Gym Badge instead of waiting for me.”

“Why?” Kanan said. “Viridian Forest was very boring when I went through it on my own. When I had a companion, it was much better.”

“If you want to wait, it’s your choice,” Bell said. “Though you should know that it will take me a long time to defeat Misty.”

“I can wait.”

Bell wondered on whither or not she should take the liberty to evolve Eevee. The man who gave it to her didn’t seem to want it, he also said it was to help her. After a long time of thinking, she finally decided to evolve it into a Jolteon. Eevee was her Pokémon now and she could do whatever she wants.

After making up her mind, she gathered her Pokémon from the nurse and went back to the Sea Cottage. Bell heard a crashing sound coming from the building, followed a big thud. She knew that the old man was in danger, and rushed into the house.

There stood two figures, hovering over the old man, she recognized them as Eisig and Sahiba. They turned their heads and looked at her. Sahiba seemed troubled, while Eisig had an evil look in his eyes, as if he intended to kill to get what he wanted. Pikachu was out of his Pokéball, while Jigglypuff wasn’t.

“What do you want?” Eisig said. He had the Thunderstone in his hands.

“What are you doing to him?” Bell said, her hands ready on Ivysaur’s Pokéball.

Eisig looked directly at Bell’s eyes, giving her a chill and she almost froze with fear. It was clear that Eisig was not going to go easy on her.

“Go Ivysaur!” Bell sent her Pokémon and prepared for battle.

Then she noticed that Eisig was attempting to use the Thunderstone on Pikachu. This was her only chance to evolve Eevee and she had to take it. She grabbed Eevee’s Pokéball and threw it up in the air.

“Ivysaur, use Vine Whip!” Bell said. “Knock that stone out of his hand!”

Ivysaur quickly attacked Eisig’s hand and the stone flew into the end of the room. Eevee was now out of it’s Pokéball.

“Grab the stone!” The Trainers said simultaneously.

Eevee and Pikachu both ran towards the stone, Pikachu was ahead and seemed to be the one who will get the stone and evolve. Then Ivysaur interfered, and used it’s Vine Whip to knock Pikachu to the side of the room and hold it there. The attack seemed very brutal and Pikachu was seriously injured.

Eevee eventually reached the stone, and threw herself at it. As soon as her body came in contact with the stone, she began to shine with a white light. Her fur became yellow and shaped as needles. Her collar turned white and became spiky as well.

“How dare you?” Eisig screamed at Bell. He withdrew his Pikachu then stormed out before delivering one last line to her. “You will regret this.”

Sahiba quickly followed her partner with a look of fear in her eyes. She didn’t even look in the eyes.

Bell helped the old man to his feet, and apologized for using his Thunderstone. After helping him return everything in his house to his place, she thanked him and exited the Sea Cottage. Bell sat with her Pokémon on the shore of the river and took a long rest. She told them that she planned on challenging the Gym again. Ivysaur seemed to be willing to obey Bell no matter what she decides to do. Pidgey seemed eager to battle as usual. Nidoran ♀ seemed indifferent and more interested about cleaning her own body in the river. Jolteon seemed to be happy to finally participate in a battle. Bell withdrew her Pokémon and went back to the Pokémon Center. She healed her Pokémon and met with Kanan, who wanted to accompany her and watch her battle Misty.

Last edited:
Chapter 10
The Misty Mermaid

“Welcome back,” Misty said. “Are you ready to battle again?”

“Yes,” Bell said, more eager to battle than ever. “This time I won’t lose.”

Bell was very determined to win. She was not planning on giving up no matter how many times she has to battle Misty. And in her determination, although not aware of it, she would push her Pokémon to the extreme.

This time around, Misty started with a Goldeen. Bell proceeded to use what she intended on using, Ivysaur.

“I see that your Pokémon evolved,” Misty said. “I had a friend once with a Bulbasaur, though it decided not to evolve.”

“I don’t care about that,” Bell shouted, she was meaner than ever and eager to battle. “I will win and prove that I have the better Grass Pokémon! Then I will defeat your friend’s Bulbasaur.”

“No need to become aggressive,” Misty said. “You’re probably not even going to meet-“
“Razor Leaf!” Bell’s command interrupted Misty and caught Goldeen by surprise. The sharp leaves hit Goldeen with all their might and caused many cuts to cover the Pokémon’s body.

“Vine Whip!”

Ivysaur obeyed and threw Goldeen out of the pool and it landed near Misty’s legs.

“That’s not fair!” Misty screamed. “You didn’t say we were going to start.” She withdrew her Pokémon and prepared her next one.

“I assumed that battle was already on,” Bell laughed. “Our Pokémon were out of their Pokéballs, which can only mean that the-“

“Go! Starmie! Use Tackle!”

The Pokémon flew out of it’s Pokéball and combined the force of the throw with it’s own strength and crashed into Ivysaur, sending him flying into the wall behind Bell.

“Vine Whip!”

Ivysaur extended it’s vines and attacked Starmie with them.

“Razor Leaf!” Bell shouted before Ivysaur could even retract it’s vines, causing it to speed up the process and attack Starmie with a weak attack.

“Tackle!” Misty shouted as soon as Starmie gathered itself from the attacks.

Bell was determined to not lose, which led her to using an attack that will use Starmie’s attack against itself.

“Take Down!”

Ivysaur jumped at the charging Pokémon. The two clashed, causing Ivysaur to fly back to the wall, and Starmie to fall into the pool. The two were unconscious.

The Trainers returned their Pokémon to their Pokéballs and prepared for their next Pokémon.

“Wait!” Misty shouted. “I would recommend taking it easy on your Pokémon, you pushed Ivysaur too much.”

“Why?” Bell started smiling. “Are you afraid of losing?”

“I am not afraid!” Misty shouted. She was now more irritated than ever. “I choose Politoed!”

A green Pokémon emerged from the Pokéball, and again, it was not a Pokémon native to Kanto. Bell found that even weirder, why would a Kanto Gym Leader have so much Pokémon who are not even from Kanto.

“I choose Pidgey!” Bell sent out her bird Pokémon, she was saving Jolteon for Gyarados.

“Water Gun!” Misty ordered. Politoed shot a small stream of water at Pidgey, causing it to be knocked back a little.

“Use Gust!” Bell finally ordered her Pidgey to use an effective attack instead of strategizing her moves. Pidgey was even happier by this, he was completely prepared to battle.

Pidgey summoned an enormous gust that he was holding back all the time it didn’t battle. It completely engulfed Politoed and finally threw it up into the air.

Without any command from Bell, Pidgey flew towards Politoed, who was suspended in the air. As it got closer, the wind started to cool down, but before Politoed could descend into the pool, it was hit by a fierce Quick Attack from Pidgey. Bell was even more excited by this, she seemed to have the advantage now.

“Mega Punch!” Misty ordered, and Politoed jumped back into the air as soon as it hit the small platform that was on top of the pool. This caused the platform to sink briefly into the pool and emerge seconds later. Politoed punched Pidgey and caused it to crash into the roof of the Gym, and then fall into the pool.

“Return,” Bell returned her Pokémon to it’s Pokéball, they were both down by two Pokémon. “It seems we are equals now.”

“That doesn’t mean that you will-“

“ThunderShock!” Bell played her dirty trick again as she threw Jolteon’s Pokéball into one of the platforms. She no longer cared about saving it for Gyarados, as far as she knew, Jolteon could defeat Misty on it’s own.

Jolteon sent a small electric jolt flying towards Politoed, it seemed to be the same size and power as Politoed’s Water Gun. It was enough to knock Politoed out, as it had a type advantage, and Pidgey’s previous efforts.

“Again with that dirty trick!” Misty shouted at Bell as she withdrew her Pokémon. “Do you really think you’re going to win?”

Bell didn’t respond, she knew that Misty was trying to use her own trick against her. This was apparent by Misty placing her hand on her Pokéball as she waited for Bell’s response.

“So you’re not going to fall for your trick,” Misty said. “That’s clever. This is going to be my last Pokémon.”

Bell again didn’t respond, that information was not crucial to her and she knew this was another attempt for Misty to use the element of surprise.

“Fine,” Misty sighed. “Let’s get this over with. Go, Gyarados!”

“ThunderShock!” Bell immediately shouted. Jolteon quickly shocked Gyarados, and paralyzed it as well. This meant that Bell had another chance to attack before Gyarados even moved.

“Again!” She shouted, and Jolteon shocked Gyarados again. But Gyarados was still able to fight.

“Hydro Pump!” Misty shouted, and Gyarados’ attack threw Jolteon into the pool. It quickly recovered and climbed back into the platform, shaking it’s body to dry it’s fur a little.

“ThunderShock!” Bell shouted before Jolteon could even finish drying it’s fur. The water in trickled down Jolteon’s fur and into it’s eyes, causing it’s attack to miss.

“This battle is mine!” Misty shouted. “Hydro Pump!”

Jolteon shock it’s body quickly to dry itself and clear it’s eyes. When it was done, she opened her eyes only to find that Gyarados was paralyzed.

“Looks like I’ll win!” Bell was high on victory. “ThunderShock!”

The last jolt of electricity managed to knock Gyarados out of the battle. Bell had won.

Bell received her Cascade Badge and exited the Gym. She had completely forgotten that Kanan was there observing the battle, and only remembered him after her congratulated her and asked her where she got Jolteon from. She explained to him all the events that happened from her loss to her win.

The pair then chose their next destination, Saffron City.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom