• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon: The Dawn (Large-Scale, Pokémon - Sign Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
pkmndawn.png
Taking things back to the roots, this shall be a massive journey RP.

----------------------------------------------​

Things were perfect.

The world was flourishing; life, both human and Pokemon alike, were in their absolute prime. Business and economy flowed smoothly; Trainers went through their trials as usual. Pokemon lived in harmony with the humans, nature's course being their only guide.

Businesses had begun to grow exponentially; the different regions coming together to combine into a large entity called the World Government. Their goal? Bring the world to their absolute pinnacle of success, ensuring peace and prosperity to all. They would rid the world of poverty and warfare; creating an almost utopian society. They would secure the safety of Pokemon everywhere, catering to the needs of the creatures.

The world would be a perfect society fit for all manner of organisms to live in...

However, all large-scale plans have to have an extremely clever and convoluted planning stage. The World Government knew there was no possible way to completely rid the world of conflict. As such, they began small; funding multiple businesses and educational institutions to increase economic and social growth. The effect? A drastic increase in the funding required for the regions too better their various organizations and even adding a newer; much more massive region to the world map.

This region was very rich in mineral and natural resources. The location; above ducts of underwater volcanoes, provided them with an expansive land. In almost 4 decades, in rose from the dirt; effectively becoming the largest of the great regions. Technology was actively used, Pokemon Battles and training were always being performed. The sport of battling, even in this time, had never lost its appeal. Pokemon were given large habitats; living happily with nature.

With the help from each of the six flowing between the World Government and each of the heads of each region; World Economy financial rates had skyrocketed by nearly 110%.

It was certainly a joyous prospect. However, good times seemed to be hanging from a string.

In the past ten years, the new region witnessed the growth of a large organization; Centiq, a prospering Organization and Implementation business. With their smarts and funding, the region's various Pokemon-based organizations were funded heavily.

The most prominent? The Pokemon League.

However... no matter how things may look on the outside; there is always a threat looming to destroy happiness.
____________________________________________​

Welcome to Pokémon: The Dawn. This RP will be a large-scale, Pokémon journey RP.

Pokemon Records
I, as the GM, will keep your Pokemon recorded in the Start-Up. Now, with that being said; I will not cheat for you. If you do not have a Pokemon, you do not have a Pokemon. I will not add, nor substract, a Pokemon from your list; lest you give me a reason to (such as disobeying rules).

Your party is only able to be filled up to the traditional 6 slots. Any Pokemon caught after that will be transferred to the PC; where I will keep a record of those Pokemon in a spoiler.

These Pokemon can be taken out of the PC and be switched with a party member; however, you must first tell me (via PM/VM/Mention). This is all for the sake of keeping the RP running smoothly.

The League
The Pokemon League of the Region functions like the Pokemon Gyms in the games and anime; with the eight of them needing to be beaten in order to move onto the Elite Four.

The eight Gym Leader spots are vacant, and can be filled by anyone interested. After a period of time; if not all eight Gym Leader positions have been filled, I will fill them in.

Over-heads are to be the judges of these battles, as they are with all others. Any OH battling as a Gym Leader cannot judge their own battle, and must be judged by another over-head.

The Gym Leaders give out x3 battles for Pokemon. The Elite Four give out x4.

Gym Leader Types Selected:
Bug - @-Glory Blaze-
Dark (CPU)
Dragon (CPU)
Fighting - @Donyor
Fire - @Oerba Yun Jay
Normal - @ekluag
Ground - @Metabee
Flying - @Stellar Haze

Elite Four Types Selected:
Psychic (CPU)
Ghost (CPU)
Water (CPU)
Electric (CPU)

Region Map
MapofAviore-1.jpg

Sign-Ups
New Trainer
Name: What is your character's name?
Sexuality: No one will judge you for this.

Appearance: Detail needed. What does your character look like?
Personality: Detail needed. What does is your character's personality?

History: Detail needed. What is your character's background.
---------
Starter Pokemon: What is your Starter Pokemon?
Ability: What is the Pokemon's ability?

Moves: What four moves does it know?

Gym Leader

Gym Type: What type do you embody?
Badge Name: What is your badge name?
Town Name: What town are you from?

-------

Pokemon Team: What is your team? Maximum of 5 Pokemon. All can be fully-evolved. State their 8 moves along with them.

New Character

Goals: What is your character's goals?
---------
Pokemon Team: What is your team? Maximum of 6 Pokemon. All can be fully-evolved. State their moves with them.

Special Roles
Internal Roles:
  • OverHead - OverHeads are the battle judges of the RP. They have an understanding of the battle damage formula, along with basic and internal knowledge of Pokemon mechanics.
  • Acceptor - One other person I need to accept the profiles for when the GM is unavailable.

In-Game Roles
There are some special roles one may take within the RP. If you are to choose one; fill out a corresponding Sign-Up in the "New Character" category. There will be more coming soon.

The Champion: Oerba Yun Jay
The Champion of the entire region and the most powerful of the Trainers. The Champion is very pivotal in the roles of the Pokemon League; being the one to head the region. The Champion, along with the GM, are the ones to accept the profiles for Gym Leaders and Elite Four.

Region Prime Minister: Vacant
The Prime Minister of the region. The Prime Minister holds the highest authority in all of the region, ruling it much like a king. The Prime Minister role allows for control over the police force and ancillary important figures of the region.

My Sign Ups
Name: Tyrah Lilica
Sexuality: Bisexual

Gym Type: Fire
Badge Name: Flare Badge
Town Name: Sunleth City

Appearance: Tyrah is a fairly tall, orange-haired girl with blue eyes. She stands at about 5'09" in height. Normally, she is seen wearing different types of clothing; though all of them are usually a bit provocative or otherwise immodest, showing much of her skin. She has a beauty mark under her left eye.
Personality: Tyrah is an upbeat, helpful, and usually abrasive person. She is shown to be flirtatious at times, as well as being very perverted. Her "fiery" disposition is noted by many; as she is well-known for not only her strength, but her ferocity and relentlessness in battle.

History: Tyrah was born into a house dedicated to the upraising of Fire-type Pokemon. From a young age, she trained Fire-type Pokemon after getting her Torchic as a Starter. Once she was 12, her parents were both killed in an attack; said attack she has blamed on Centiq. Living within the region all her life, Tyrah has traveled nearly everywhere; the only places she has never visited being the most hidden parts of the region itself. She gained the title of Gym Leader from a previous Elite Four Member, who had spent 4 years training the young Tyrah.

-------

Pokemon Team:
- Blaziken: Swords Dance, Night Slash, Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Aerial Ace, Hi Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Stone Edge
- Magmortar: Fire Blast, SolarBeam, Sunny Day, Hyper Beam, Reflect, Light Screen, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt
- Houndoom: Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Thunder Fang, Flamethrower, Inferno, SolarBeam, Will-O-Wisp, Sucker Punch
- Arcanine: Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Fire Blast, ExtremeSpeed, Heat Wave, Earthquake, Double Team, Wild Charge
- Charizard: Flamethrower, Swords Dance, Ominous Wind, Earthquake, Aerial Ace, SolarBeam, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance

_________________________________________​

Name: Ria Villiers
Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Ria is a tall, black-haired woman with purple eyes. She is considered to be very beautiful, being known for her modelling. She is normally seen with her business suits on, complete with a long white coat she wears during the winter.
Personality: Ria is shown to be a very kind and supportive person, as well as confident. Despite her title, she is very rarely condescending lest the time calls for it. She is very strategic and adept at battling, coming into battle with full confidence and composure when even facing the most daunting of foes. She has a supreme love for the stock market, as well as loving the flow of economy.

History: Ria's past is shrouded in mystery, as she had amnesia as a child.

Goals: To search for her lost memories.
---------
Pokemon Team: Ria's current team is shrouded in mystery.

For any more information or clarifications, contact Oerba Yun Jay!
To become an OverHead; contact me via PM and I'll explain the process to you.

Last edited:
do you knwo how much this is making me thinking of fullmetal alchemist's secret plot? Dude now I have to join. You should have just told me the backstory for all of this, and you would have definantly had me hooked.

@Haxie-Kun: Reserved.

@Kona-Chan: You should create a Trainer, too. Just so you can get the full experience.

Last edited:
oh and Oerba can I still take up that offer on Co-Gm? as I said now that I know the atmosphere I feel I can supply more then I could before. Also can I have two cousins? one would be a new trainer the other experienced (on a scale of 1-8[based on gyms] he'd be maybe a 5 or 6).

Hey, can I reserve a trainer and a Gym Leader spot, please?

oh and Oerba can I still take up that offer on Co-Gm? as I said now that I know the atmosphere I feel I can supply more then I could before. Also can I have two cousins? one would be a new trainer the other experienced (on a scale of 1-8[based on gyms] he'd be maybe a 5 or 6).

Gym Leaders aren't ranked in this. Your battle skill depends on how well you battle in the RP.

As for the Co-GM'ing, you can. We'll talk more over PM, kay?

Hey, can I reserve a trainer and a Gym Leader spot, please?

Of course. Reserved.

HEY. I'LL RP. Reserve me a spot as both trainer and Elite Four, please -- I'll get working straight away.

Oh shit, it's Buoy! o.o

But anyways, gotcha. Trainer and E4 reserved.

I'll reserve a spot as a villain.

All ready asked you about the role, and I will have to respectfully decline on the Gym leader offer.

Holy balls. _-_ I might join if I can wrap my head around this.

Hey guys, I guess I should probably state that any first evolution Pokemon, so long as its not a legendary is allowed :p

Trainer sign-up done. It seemed sort of long when I wrote it out... doesn't seem like it so much now. OH WELL.

Name: Leroy Dawson.
Sexuality: Straight.

Appearance: Leroy stands at the average height for a boy his age, although he does feel a little on the small side at times. He has crudely-cut, unruly blonde hair that's basically all over the place -- any attempts to make it presentable just do not seem to work, on the whole. His face is not, as such, blemished by any features -- no freckles or spots can be found on closer inspection. His lips are often a little on the chapped side, however, and his eyebrows are bushier than usual, although they seem almost transparent and wispy due to the colour of his hair. His eyes are a sort of yellow, unlike normal humans, similar to the colour you'd find on a daisy.

Leroy usually dons a black fedora hat for some reason that he doesn't reveal to other people, but the thing is obviously quite important to him. Apart from that, his wardrobe ranges, but mainly consists of an orange scarf -- even in warm temperatures -- as well as baggy jeans of either blue or grey and a simple shirt. He's a little on the skinny side, too, and has a pale-ish skin tone, although not too pale.

Personality: Leroy's main trait is his light-heartedness in any situation -- he's always a little on the energetic upside, seeing the good part of everyone. He tries to make the good things last as long as possible, as he knows that when they end, he'll miss them terribly. Although he may seem, at first, a little on the dim side, he's actually extraordinarily perceptive and observant, noticing things that people over twice his age would be unable to, and he sometimes inadvertently makes rather exceptional observances. Due to the fact that he pays attention in a more broad sense of the word, he may come across as a little weird. He can be annoyed by little things from time to time, and, being young, he can only take so much pressure.

However, his good nature and light-hearted behaviour sometimes attracts the worst people to him for some reason, but they never know that he sees straight through anyone that's telling a lie, even if others won't believe that he knows they're lying. He's sometimes shunned by his peers, though, as they think he's too much of a pushover to be of any real use. Due to being rejected a lot, Leroy doesn't believe that he has any real talent -- but that doesn't stop him from trying to spread kindness to other people. His seeming lack of talent can make him feel a little left out in the world -- he only tries his best to impress and is easily worn out by his efforts.

History: Leroy was born in the southern part of the region, to a perfectly happy couple -- Lysander and Charlotte "Lottie" Dawson (née Collins). He spent a lot of his younger years in a summery haze, and those few years that he was able to live with both parents was paradise for him, even if he presently cannot remember those times. However, his mother, Lottie, had gotten pregnant once more when Leroy was about four or five. Her pregnancy was healthy, and there was no sign of anything going wrong for her -- however, her labour went very, very wrong. Although she gave birth properly, it had damaged her body beyond repair -- she couldn't stop bleeding, and her brain had somehow been damaged. The medics tried their best, but she couldn't pull through -- while Lacey, Leroy's younger sister, was born, Lottie died.

Lysander had to bring the two up all by himself whilst taking a teaching position elsewhere in the town, which was no mean feat. Although he grieved, he never let what was get in the way of the present until he was on his own -- his children wouldn't understand the real pain yet, as they were only still young. As Leroy and Lacey grew up, Leroy was not as happy as he once was, although he did take on that upbeat attitude a lot of the time, which definitely inspired Lysander. There was always some sort of vacancy that was never filled for any of the three, but it was probably Lacey who had adjusted the most, never having known her mother. The three of them worked together, however, and they got along as much as they probably would have been able to under the circumstances.

As Leroy grew older, it would be time to go on his very own Pokémon adventure, as his parents had when they were both young. He found a Tangela in the middle of a meadow one day when playing outside by himself, and the two befriended each other pretty quickly -- when it was time to leave off on his adventure, Leroy barely looked back. He now had a true companion at his side, and he could forget his rather miserable past until he returned home again.

---------

Starter Pokémon: Tangela; nicknamed Oliver.
Ability: Chlorophyll.

Moves: Sleep Powder, Slam, Power Whip and AncientPower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom