• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon: The Dawn (Large-Scale, Pokémon - Sign Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Jason Simulus Wolf
Sexuality: straight

Appearance: Jason stands around 6 foot and is relatively thin, but he is agile and strong from practicing Pakour. His amber/brown eyes shine out form under a mop of scraggy dark brown hair. Despite his age Jason grew up rather fast and it shows in his face. His features seem worn down and his overall appearance misleads many about his age.

While working at the store he’d wear a brown apron over some generic long sleeve shirts, jeans, and a pair of sneakers.

When off work or just out and about Jason prefers to wear either his black jacket or his mahogany fleece vest due to often feeling cold even when its warm. Instead of sneakers Jason has a pair of hiking boots which he simply prefers for no real reason. He also has a habit of wearing a dark red baseball cap.

Personality: Jason is a hard working person who knows nothing will just be handed to him. He’s worked hard to get what he has, and plans to do the same when he receives his pokemon. He is a product of his raising in his family’s store. He learned to manage himself, plan for the future, and pay attention to trends. These lessons despite how simple they seem actually have helped Jason quite a bit. Jason realizes that he is an underdog in this world, but he knows he can rise to the top through hard work. He’s almost too dedicated to the task before him. Jason doesn’t know how to back down, how to turn the other check, how to give up. He’ll keep working till every bone in his body snaps under the pressure, in that sense Jason is both courageous and a fool.

History: Jason was an only child born to a young couple. He was raised with a strong sense of family and work ethic. His parents owned a general store in a small town in the new region. They were entrepreneurs, but they kept their store simple. It had a great old school feel to it something that most people over did, but somehow they made it work. When customers walked in they’d be amazed at the place.

The building itself reminded many of an old Wild West storefront. Wood timbers framed the building, two large windows flanked the double doors, and it all stood on a beautiful stone foundation. But they used some upgraded materials to keep it looking good.
Inside the classic look continued. Rustic and reclaimed materials were used to make it feel authentic. Scattered around the wood floor were barrels that had been converted to shelves, more goods were organized on three long shelves spanning the entire store built into the wall, and down at the other end a refurbished bar counter was there separating the store’s most popular attraction from shoppers. The store was happy to be the only real candy store in town. Glass jars filled with all sorts of treats were organized into a rainbow behind the counter. That part of the store was one of Jason’s three favorites. It fell in third behind the books section and of course the pokemon supplies.

Jason worked hard there ever since he was a kid. When he was young he’d sweep the floors and make sure the candy was still good. When he was of age for a real job he spent his majority of time either manning the register, re-stocking shelves, or helping his dad bring in deliveries. Even off the job Jason didn’t get to go too far. Working at the store took up a lot of his time, and he’d put off getting a pokemon so he could stay and help his parents. Family came first, and that was that. The store needed to be taken care of. Family businesses like this had to keep up with a lot of bigger businesses. Jason’s family was lucky to be in such a small town, in a big city they’d be squashed like a bug pokemon.
Around age fourteen Jason took an interest in some kind of acrobatic martial art, Parkour. When he wasn’t working in the store he’d be out trying to practice the discipline. His parents were a little worried about the dangers of Parkour, but like any good business people they knew high risk can mean high return. After a few broken bones along the way Jason wound up rather talented in the skill, though he did keep to the more useful basics rather then flashy tricks.

With Jason slightly more then halfway through his teens Jason’s parents felt they may have robbed their son of a very important part of his life. Most of Jason’s friends already had pokemon and a few had left town already going off on adventures of their own while Jason was stuck alone inside the store. Jason didn’t see it that way. He stayed out of a sense of duty to his parents and to the family business. If he was needed there he would be there. Even with that keeping him tied to the store Jason did long to be out there experiencing the world. In secret Jason’s parent planned out how to get Jason his first pokemon.

---------
Starter Pokemon: Charmander
Ability: Flash Fire

Moves: flame charge, hone claws, dragon claw, metal claw

(if you don’t mind I’m gonna add these two things)

Appearance: He is a much darker overall coloration and his tail burns a very dark blue.

Nickname to be: Raedyn

Last edited:
Hey, nevermind on the gym leader. But thanks.

Name: Eli Nicaelis
Sexuality: Straight. Mostly.

Appearance: Eli has spent a lot of time outside, as evidenced by his tan, peach-colored skin. His hair is long and sandy blonde, and he has green eyes. He's almost always serenely smiling, and looks like he's half asleep most of the time. He usually wears a cowboy hat to keep the sun out of his eyes on warm days, and a pair of durable jeans for long walks. On his body, he wears a light jacket and a t-shirt.
Personality: Eli is actually quite the philosopher, believe it or not. While he wasn't tending to the Miltank on his family's farm, he was reading books on a philosophy, and came up with his own, called "Lazy Kenpo", or The Way of the Lazy. Basically, live and let live, and make sure to sleep a lot. He definitely practices what he preaches: He only does work if it will let him do less work in the long run. On the other hand, he is very nice, and rarely gets angry.

History: Eli was raised on a farm. He worked quite a bit, tending the Miltank, and learned to value what little leisure time he had. He spent most of the time with his favorite Miltank, Milky. He recently learned that Pokemon League champions get a ton of vacation days. So with Milky at his side, he decided to start his Pokemon journey.
---------
Starter Pokemon: Miltank
Ability: Thick Fat

Moves: Defense Curl, Rollout, Milk Drink, Thunderbolt

Name: Marty Dun
Sexuality: Straight, but with definite Bisexual tendencies.

Gym Type: Normal
Badge Name: Tactics Badge
Town Name: Avor Town

Appearance: Marty is a relatively short person, with mousy brown hair and a face that seems to have a permanently pleasant expression. He usually wears a a light duster over t-shirt, with cargo pants that seem to have an improbably large amount of junk in their pockets at all times. Despite said outfits seeming impracticability in warmer weather, all of his outfits are variations on that theme, with browns, whites, and tans as the color themes. His eyes are the only thing that seem out-of-place in his rather outlandish get-up, a piercing green that contains a startling intensity.
Personality: Marty is a relatively carefree person, living as he wishes to and not worrying much about consequences. Many people are surprised to find that he lacks the seriousness generally associated with leaders, though he can focus intently should he wish to. He generally helps out around town, and does his best to protect the town he calls home. He takes this responsibility very seriously, despite how he may seem to treat it. Anyone attempting to hurt those he perceives as under his protection discover that when he wants to focus and take something seriously, his fury is intense enough to give him victory because of the sheer force of his personality.

History: Marty's journey was an extremely stereotypical one. An eager young trainer gets his first pokemon, and travels the region, challenging gyms, rivals, and the occasional thief on a journey to gain the title of Pokemon Champion. And he did reasonably well. He gained 6 badges before he realized that being the Champion wouldn't be as entertaining as he had thought. The massive responsibility of the title suddenly did not appeal to him quite as much. Nonetheless, he still wanted a title of some sort, some position to call his own. And thus he focused on the goal of becoming a Gym Leader. He battled his way into the good graces of the League officials, and several years later when a position opened up in Avor Town, he gladly accepted it.

-------

Pokemon Team:
(Bibarel | Female | Simple | Curse, Aqua Tail, Quick Attack, Superpower, Dig, Strength, Rock Smash, Rollout)
(Exploud | Male | Soundproof | Hyper Voice, Rest, Sleep Talk, Synchronoise, Screech, Supersonic, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang)
(Porygon-Z | N/A | Adaptability | Tri-Attack, Charge Beam, Signal Beam, Hyper Beam, Psyshock, Lock-On, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam)
(Staraptor | Male | Intimidate | Brave Bird, Close Combat, Aerial Ace, Double Team, U-turn, Steel Wing, Pursuit, Work Up)
(Sawsbuck | Female | Sap Sipper | Horn Leech, Megahorn, Double-Edge, Wild-Charge, Jump Kick, Grasswhistle, Swords Dance, Giga Impact)

Name: Sunny.
Sexuality: Unknown.

Appearance:

Sunny stands at 5'9. She weighs 120 pounds, she is a pale skinned black haired girl with green eyes. She always wear black, from socks to hair ribbons. She wears a black skirt with a black tee shirt. She often makes her hair odd.

Personality: She is very up spirited and full of hope. She almost never seems depressed of any sort. She often gets sick. She has a vey perverted nature.

History: Sunny was born in goldenrod city, she was told she could not own a Pokemon by her parents. She decided to wear black until she could own a Pokemon. In the end when she turned 15 she was allowed a Pokemo. She loved her Pokemon to death but decided to keep wearing black due to her love for it.

Pokemon team:

Duskull/Male/Levatite/shadow sneak/pain split/.

Could you reserve a Trainer and a Gym Leader (Bug) for me, please? :) I'll get around to posting later today or early tomorrow.

Can you reserve a gym leader (fighting) and trainer spot for me?

Name: Aaron Swift
Sexuality: Staight

Appearance: Aaron has messy black hair that is not combed into any particular style, rather simply shoved into a blue baseball cap with a black Lucario logo. He has bluish green eyes, pale skin, a Roman nose, and a great smile. He has a scar on his right hand, but he always wears black fingerless gloves, so it is not normally visible. He is usually wearing black and blue beaten up Running Shoes, white socks, blue jeans, a plain black tee shirt, a dark blue and black Polar Fleece jacket, black fingerless gloves, and the aforementioned Lucario baseball cap.

Personality: Rather... spontaneous, Aaron is hyper and energetic, and occasionally random. He loves things that sparkle and food. He doesn't like to stand out. He's quick to make friends with his cheerful and upbeat personality, but people in charge tend to dislike his antics. Sadly, he loses friends with careless or reckless acts almost as fast as he makes them - Pulling pranks, charging straight into dangerous situations without thinking, and spending hours on conversations about random things with random people are all a part of his normal schedule. Aaron is obsessive about Pokemon, and is a very skilled battler, although he was originally a Coordinator on his mother ( a Top Coordinator)'s request.

History: Aaron was born on the Sevii Islands and raised to be a Coordinator by his mother. For his tenth birthday, he was given his starter Pokemon, Auron the Riolu. After eventually getting 5 Ribbons through his half-a*sed Contest performances, he was eliminated in the first round of the Grand Festival. He later decided to become a Gym Trainer, assembling a powerful team to take on the Unova League, where he finally lost to Alder in the final round. Afterword, he roamed the 5 regions, participating in various tournaments. When the news of the new super-region reached him, he decided it would be an excellent time to start challenging Gyms again.
---------
Starter Pokemon: Petilil
Nickname: Petty
Ability: Chlorophyll

Moves: Leech Seed, Synthesis, Mega Drain, Energy Ball

---------------------

Name: Laura Spinns
Sexuality: Straight

Gym Type: Bug
Badge Name: Web Badge
Town Name: Khala City

Appearance: Slim and tall with pale skin, very long reddish blond hair and green eyes. She wears a seafoam-green sun dress and high heels.

Personality: Laura has a very childish and bubbly personality, always does things her own way, and has a certain rebellious spark in her, as if she's daring society to get in her way. She seems very immature, but she's also independent in her own way. She can also be quite flirtatious.

History: Laura is an excellent battler who was born and raised in Johto. During her journey, she broke her hip in Union Cave and had to be nursed back to health in Azalea Town. The Gym Leader, Bugsy, took an interest to her and as she got better, he taught her many of his battling techniques. After a full recovery, she stayed behind and worked for him as a Gym Trainer, where she was given a Scyther and Heracross in order to match the Gym's Bug-type theme. Her skill impressed Bugsy, and when the League for the new region opened up, she applied immediately with an excellent letter of recommendation from Bugsy.

-------

Pokemon Team:

Galvantula (Female) (Compoundeyes) Thunder/Bug Buzz/Energy Ball/Hidden Power (Ice)/Agility/Electro Ball (Does Galvantula get 8 moves because it doesn't have a third evolution? I'm going with 6 for now, but please tell me if it's otherwise)
Escavalier (Male) (Swarm) Megahorn/Iron Head/Return/Swords Dance/Pursuit/Toxic (Does Escavalier get 8 moves because it doesn't have a third evolution? I'm going with 6 for now, but please tell me if it's otherwise)
Scizor (Female) (Technician) U-Turn/Bullet Punch/Superpower/Pursuit/Bug Bite/Swords Dance (Does Scizor get 8 moves because it doesn't have a third evolution? I'm going with 6 for now, but please tell me if it's otherwise)
Heracross (Female) (Guts) Megahorn/Close Combat/Stone Edge/Pursuit (Does Heracross get 8 moves because it doesn't evolve? I'm going with 4 for now, but please tell me if it's otherwise)
Volcarona (Female) (Flame Body) Quiver Dance/Fiery Dance/Morning Sun/Bug Buzz/Fire Blast/HP (Rock) (Does Volcarona get 8 moves because it doesn't have a third evolution? I'm going with 6 for now, but please tell me if it's otherwise)

@Donyor: Sure. Approved ^^

@-Glory Blaze-: Yes, yes they do. As they are in their final evolutionary forms; they are capable of having 8 moves.

Alright, right now; I'm going to declare that any gym position not filled by this point will have a CPU by me, as I will not be playing an active trainer xD

Now, this will be easy for me. However, I need @Donyor and @Stellar Haze to make their sign-ups. So, how's that coming along guys?

Last edited:
Alright.

Also, I'll need to recruit some OverHeads. Anybody want to help? I can tell you over PM.

Just know that if I don't get at least 2 people to help, your battles will not be valid xD I want this to be HUGE.

What about mine? I should have them done soon. I've finished the Gym Leader one and I'm currently working on the trainer one.

Last edited:
What about mine? I should have them done soon. I've finished the Gym Leader one and I'm currently working on the trainer one.

Didn't wanna rush you since I know the status of yours xD

Name: Skye Rogers
Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Skye has long black colored hair that he keeps in a messy and spiky fashion so much that his hair resembles that of a next to a lot of people. He has white colored skin and a pair of sky blue eyes. He wears a black colored jacket with long sleeves that he usually keeps folded up to his elbows and a pair of matching jeans.

Personality: Skye is...upbeat if put into simple words. He's always positive about his chances and is willing to do anything that will prove how good he is. He actually has a pretty big ego, thinking that's he the best even though he's still just starting something that causes annoyance from a lot of people around him. He is caring, though he doesn't like to show it much and prefers to have people think he's manlier or stronger than that. He does have a measurement for his ego though.

History: Skye was abandoned by his parents when he was a baby and was promptly raised by his uncle and aunt ever since he was young. Because they were poor he had to live off scraps of food at times but he always helped himself through it. However, because he wanted to help his only family he was always getting into fights and stealing other people's money; an act that was looked down upon by his uncle and aunt.

Skye always dreamed of becoming a great trainer that would be venerated by others mostly cause he thinks that he's destined for greatness at some point in his life. With this goal in mind he decided to set out on his journey regardless of what could happen with only his dreams and believes to back him up.

Starter Pokemon: Rufflet

Ability: Sheer Force

Moves: Fury Attack, Peck, Wing Attack, Hone Claws

I'll edit my post tomorrow to add the gym leader one in.

Gym Entry
---------
Name: Roy

Gym Type: Fighting
Badge Name: Kick Badge
Town Name: Erubadhron City

Appearance: Tall with black hair and eyes. He looks strong with bulging muscles. Always wears his kimono.
Personality: Fun, happy. Overall a nice guy. Warmly congratulates trainers who beat him and encourages those who lose to him. But he never goes easy on anyone.

History: Was born in Erubadhron city, at the age of 10 he began traveling around the large region. He beat the Gyms one by one. He then challenged the league. He beat the Elite Four but lost to the Champion. But they still rewarded him with his own Gym in his hometown.

-------

Pokemon Team: What is your team? Maximum of 5 Pokemon. All can be fully-evolved. State their 8 moves along with them.
Lucario: Blaze Kick, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Low Kick, Giga Impact
Blaziken: Blaze Kick, Brave Bird, Sky uppercut, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Low Kick, Super Power
Medicam: Reversal, Low Kick, Recover, Drain Punch, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Substitute
Poliwrath: Dynamic Punch, Blizzard, Earthquake, Dive, Focus Blast, Endeavor, Hydro Pump, Encore
Machamp: Cross Chop, Dynamic Punch, Low Kick, Earthquake, Poison Jab, Fire Blast, Toxic Substitute

hmm I just got an idea. Do we have an electric type gym leader yet? (or reservations for one?) I might just make Isaac one, but thats not very likely. IDK jsut a thought. Still not sure I like the idea of being a gym leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom