• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Pokemon: The Hearts of Ferrum

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
(rated E10+ for action violence and frightening images)

This is essentially my imagining of what Pokken Tournament would look like if it existed in the show, with some of my own touches.

Pokemon: The Hearts of Ferrum

Round 1: Welcome to Ferrum

"Dear trainer, we cordially invite you and up to four friends to participate in the Ferrum League." a black haired boy read as his companions in the train car listened. "Here in Ferrum, we don't just battle with Pokemon, we link our hearts with them, in what we call Synergy Battles. It can be a bit overwhelming to a trainer used to the traditional way of battling, but once you know the basics, the rest comes easily."

Just then, what looked like a tiny headset mic tumbled from the paper and into the boy's hands, startling his companions and the yellow mouse creature perched on his shoulder. "What's that?" an orange haired girl wondered, piqued at the tiny device.

"Looks like a headset mic." an older brown haired boy noted as he petted the six tailed fox creature snoozing on his lap.

The black haired boy found his place in the letter and read the next paragraph, tucking the tiny headset mic in his arm as he read. "I have enclosed a Synergizer for you with this letter--if your companions want to compete with you as a team, just tell me and I'll get Synergizers for them too."

"How does it work, Ash?" a blonde haired girl asked as a majestic fox creature with robe-like layers of fur brought her a Berry and cheese plate from the dining car.

Ash continued to read the paragraph, which seemed to answer his friend's question. "The Synergizer works by bonding your heart to a Pokemon's heart, allowing them to fight on their own without you calling orders to them in battle. That doesn't mean you don't talk to them, though--depending on what you say to the Pokemon, they may talk back!"

[Sounds fascinating, Serena...] the sleek fox creature purred. [I would be honored to partake in these...Synergy Battles...with you.]

[Are we almost there, Mama?] a rotund blue mouse creature sighed from the orange haired girl's lap. [We left Unova six hours ago!]

"That was why we left early in the morning, Marill." the older brown haired boy smiled. "Ferrum is a long way, but is easily reachable from Unova by taking the Ferrum Express--which we're riding on right now. This means that even though we are in a train tunnel at the moment, we're actually going under water."

[How much further to we have to go, Brock?] the yellow mouse asked with a yawn.
"Not too much longer--in about another hour or so." Brock replied before opening ReadNav on his PokeNav and reading a spy novel.

"I hope you'll have a good time taking on some of Ferrum's best Synergists, and make memories that last a lifetime--see you soon! Nia." Ash concluded the letter, set the Synergizer on the seat, folded the letter back up, and returned it to the envelope. "Nia sounds like a nice young lady..." the orange haired girl grinned.

"She is, Misty--we've been pen pals for about five months now." Ash explained. "Being invited to her home region was a complete surprise."

After tapping "Bookmark" and closing ReadNav, Brock began. "I downloaded the most recent guidebook to Ferrum onto MapNav before we left...we'll arrive in Neos City, the largest city in Ferrum."

"Nia will meet us at the station, and take us to the Kirameki Hotel, which overlooks the forest where the Ferrum Stadium is." Ash explained. "That's where we'll be staying while competing in the tournament."

Now arriving at Neos Station. a female voice announced. Please remain seated until the train comes to a complete stop.

The four travelers hurried to corral their Pokemon and their belongings as the female voice went on Please gather your belongings, and take small children and Pokemon by the hand. Unova Rail thanks you for riding the Ferrum Express--we hope you enjoy your stay in the Ferrum region!

---------

"Wow..." Ash gasped as he, Misty, Brock, Serena and their Pokemon stepped off the train into Neos Station. In addition to lines for the Ferrum Express to arrive from Unova, there was also a line for the return trip, dubbed the Unova Express, as well as lines for locations throughout Ferrum.

As Ash watched the organized chaos of passengers coming and going to the various trains, a female voice calling "Yah-ho!" snapped him to attention.

He smiled as a girl with long brown hair and glasses ran to meet him and his companions. "Nia!" he called as he ran to embrace the girl.

"You made it...and welcome to the Ferrum region." Nia smiled.

Misty shot Brock a warning glance as Ash introduced Nia to his companions. "Everyone, this is my pen pal, Nia. Nia, these are my closest friends--the Water Pokemon expert Misty...." Misty waved hello, then shepherded Marill close to her. "Brock, Pokemon expert, master storyteller, and all around renaissance man..." Brock waved hello, a joyful grin forming on his face as he tried to keep the romantic urge to profess his love for Nia in check. "...and Serena, one of my closest friends who's a great trainer in her own right." Serena waved hello as her Delphox smiled.

"Nice to meet you all--let's get you settled in the hotel first, since I'm sure you're tired from the trip here." Nia suggested. "Luckily, the Kirameki is within walking distance of the station."

Misty groaned as she followed Nia through the crowds and out into the sunshine--it was bad enough she'd been stuck on a train for seven hours, and now she had to walk?

---------

"711..712...713...ah ha! Room 714." Brock smiled as he swiped the card key on the door, allowing the group, their Pokemon, and the bellboy access to an elegant two bed room with a view of Neos City and the pool.

"Burmy check!" Misty announced as she checked behind the headboard of the first bed. "Even nice hotels like this can be infested with Burmies!"

The bellboy waited patiently as the others checked the beds, the furniture, and crevices just to assure Misty there were no Burmies. "No Burmies in here, Misty." Serena reported, taking her bags from the luggage cart, then rummaging in a bag until she found a sea green one piece. "Good thing I packed my bathing suit!"

"Ooh, good idea!" As soon as the group had been reunited with their bags and the bellhop had departed, Misty dug out a familiar blue bikini.

"The main pool is on the fourth floor." Brock reported.

As the girls rushed off giggling to the pool, something occurred to Ash--as much as he wanted to rest from the long trip to mentally prepare himself for his Synergizer training session in the morning, going to the pool sounded even more appealing.

Inspired, he rummaged through his main clothing bag until he unearthed a pair of navy swim trunks with a yellow thunderbolt on the sides. "Here they are!"

"Come to think of it, I remembered to pack my trunks too." Brock grinned before unzipping his bag and retrieving a pair of gray-green plaid trunks. "Besides, we'll sleep well tonight after a relaxing evening at the pool!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

Last edited:
  • Staff
Episode 2: The Basics of Battle

After a quick breakfast at the hotel buffet, the group caught a bus to the dojo in Neos City. "Wow..." Serena gasped as she looked up at the majestic Japanese-esque building that towered over the bus stop.

"Pewter Gym could fit in there and there would still be room!" Brock agreed as he watched the championship banners in the entryway flutter in the morning breeze.

Ash was unfazed by the building's size. "Come on! Nia said she'd be expecting us here!" With hat, he led the way inside, where Nia was waiting by the front desk.

"I've reserved us a classroom arena for you guys, so I can teach you and your friends the basics of Synergy Battles." Nia explained before accepting a teacher pass from the receptionist. "We'll be inside room 2B."

Misty noticed the walls that looked into the arenas. "Those arenas look way bigger than what we've seen before..." she mused as she looked down on the arenas seemingly far below.

"Well, the dojo entryway and the classrooms are on the second floor, and the competitor entryways are up here too." Nia explained as she led the way inside arena 2B.

The whoosh of the door opening snapped a black creature with a magenta hood on its head to attention. [Nia...you're back! I've prepared places for your students to sit.] it reported, gesturing a claw to four desks at the front with a small notebook and pens on each of them.

"Thanks, Raven." Nia replied as the group took their seats. "Everyone, this is Raven, my Weavile--she is my battle partner when we compete, and my assistant when I teach."

"Hi, Raven...I'm Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town." Ash smiled as he offered his hand for Raven to sniff.

[Pleased to meet your acquaintance, Ash] Raven smiled with a little bow. [Might I know the names of your companions, too?]

"Sure...meet Misty..." Misty waved hello. "Brock..." Brock waved hello. "...and Serena." Serena waved hello before settling into the seat in the middle of the row.

[All right...just choose one of the four seats in the row with supplies on them.] Raven instructed. Ash nodded, and chose the seat by Serena.

"Are we gonna have a test at the end, or something?" Misty shuddered as she took the seat next to Brock.

Raven giggled at Misty's shocked expression. [Oh no, this test is not a written exam, but a practical exam...if you pay attention to my master's lesson, you'll do just fine.]

"I see..the notebooks are for our reference should we choose to write stuff down." Brock mused before writing "SYNERGY BATTLES 101" on the top of the first page.

"Um, Nia? If we want to compete alongside Ash, where are we going to get some of those headset things?" Misty asked.

"Besides, as Brock always says, no great hero ever fought alone." Serena agreed, making Brock smile in agreement.

"So you want to compete as a team? Here you go!" Nia smiled as she offered the group some small headsets. "These are the heartbeat of Synergy Battles--the Synergizer." she explained to the others.

"What does it do?" Ash asked, intrigued by his own Synergizer.

"Basically, no more calling attacks to the Pokemon--the Pokemon's spirit merges with yours, meaning they will fight on their own based on your personality." Nia explained. "Thankfully, this does not mean that you will feel the same pain they do when fighting."

"That's a relief..." Misty grinned. "So, if the Pokemon fights on their own, then why do we wear these?"

"The Synergizer creates and maintains the link between hearts, so take it off and the synergy between hearts is gone." Nia cautioned. "You can still speak to your Pokemon on the field, but depending on what you say, they will talk back!"

"Meaning..." Serena pressed Nia for more information.

"If you say a taunt, your Pokemon will repeat that taunt in its own voice based on yours." Nia explained. "Words of encouragement will boost your Synergy gauge, creating some pretty powerful attacks."

She noticed the Mega Rings on the group's fingers. "You can also induce Mega Evolution by singing your Heart Song over the Synergizer, granting your Pokemon access to some very special attacks. However, some Pokemon that can't Mega Evolve can still gain access to these attacks if the bond between hearts is strong enough."

"Oh"s went up from the group. "If you're competing as a team in the Ferrum League, the team members need to all agree on a single Pokemon to represent the team. This Pokemon will be known as the Team Pokemon." Nia continued. "Of course, if you're going up against an opponent your Team Pokemon is weak against, you can use any other Pokemon you have--these Pokemon are called Standby Pokemon or Support Pokemon."

Ash addressed his companions. "Any objections to using Pikachu as our Team Pokemon?"

"No qualms here." Misty smiled.

"Go for it!" Brock agreed.

"Pikachu seems like the best choice." Serena replied. "Now what are we gonna call ourselves, and who's our team captain?"

Misty glanced at the Mega Rings she and her companions wore--the teardrop shaped ruby set in white gold Ash wore, the sapphire against a diamond flower she wore, the emerald sandwiched between ivy inlays Brock wore, and the Vivillion shaped topaz Serena wore. "Team Rainbow?"

"Nah...that's probably taken." Serena replied.

"Millions of teams from all over Ferrum and the world compete every year, so you'll want a team name that stands out." Nia suggested.

"Team Colors is boring..." Ash sighed

"Why not try adding a foreign ending to a common word to make it sound exotic?" Brock suggested. "So 'colors' becomes 'colori', 'colore' or 'coloria', for example.

"I like Team Colore!" Serena interjected. "Has a nice ring to it."

"Since Pikachu is primarily Ash's Pokemon, it makes sense he be the captain." Misty agreed.

Nia smiled. "All right, since you seem to have decided on a team name and a captain, come with me to the competitor's box." She motioned for the group and Raven to follow her into an open room overlooking the arena.

[I'll take Pikachu down to the arena.] Raven told Nia as she led Pikachu into a small elevator n the far left corner of the room.

"Okay...welcome to the competitor's box--this is where you'll be during matches." Nia explained. "Normally the person guiding the Pokemon will be another room without distractions, but for practice purposes, the Synergy Console--where the Synergist sits during the match--is out in the open."

Raven returned to the room. [Pikachu's ready to battle.] she reported before sprawling on a platform near Misty.

Brock quizzically studied his Synergizer. "So, how do we turn these on?"

"Simply say the Pokemon's name, 'Power, Synergize' to initiate the link and synergize with the Pokemon in the arena." Nia explained. "Once a person synergizes with the Pokemon, it can't be changed, so keep that in mind."

A Lucario training dummy rose up from the arena floor some time later. "Anyone want to give the Synergizer a try?"

"I do!" Ash volunteered as he sat before the Synergy Console and put on his Synergizer. "Pikachu Power, Synergize."

At this command, the Synergizer glowed yellow, allowing him to see Pikachu's information, and his link created by the Synergizer.

Nia balked in surprise when she saw the strength of Ash and Pikachu's link. "Wow--your link is maxed out!"

"Considering how close they are and all they've been through together, I'm not surprised..." Serena grinned as she watched Pikachu glow yellow--a sign his and Ash's hearts were linked.

"All right...usually your Pokemon will move, dash, and strafe on the field by its own accord, but if you want it to go somewhere specific, say the location." Nia explained, gesturing to Pikachu circling the training dummy in the arena below. "Likewise, words like 'dodge', 'be careful', 'watch out' and their derivatives will tell your Pokemon to dodge."

"Got it!" Ash nodded, making Pikachu flash a thumbs up at the same time.

"Okay...first we'll try some ranged attacks--you should see what Pikachu can use on the Synergy console." Nia went on. "Unlike traditional battles, you don't say 'Pikachu, use X'--all you have to say is the attack name, and he'll perform it."

"All right, let's try...Sparkling Thunder!" Ash commanded.

Serena watched in amazement as Pikachu fired some sparkling thunderbolts, which arced off the walls and into the training dummy. "Cool!"

"You learn quickly!" Nia smiled. "If you want Pikachu to keep using the same attack, say 'again' after the first attack lands to use the same attack again."

"Got it!" Ash replied.

"Okay...now tell Pikachu to use a homing attack." Nia instructed.

Ash brought up the list of homing attacks, then called "Electric Roar!"

"PIKAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Pikachu screamed, creating a sparking Raikou head that slammed into the training dummy.

Nia applauded. "That's it! Next we'll talk about the two phases of a Synergy battle-Field Phase and Duel Phase. Field Phase is where you are now, as you're far from the opponent. Duel Phase is when the opponents are close, allowing them to engage in close combat. The phases will naturally shift as you engage both up close and far away."

"That makes sense." Brock mused as he copied Nia's tips and instructions into his notebook, periodically looking over at Raven, then turning his attention to the battle below.

"As Pikachu both lands hits and takes damage, you'll notice a gauge under Pikachu's portrait filling up--that is your Burst Gauge." Nia explained. "But more on that in a minute...for now, let's talk defense."

"Okay." Ash replied, making Pikachu nod in agreement.

"While this training dummy can't attack, you can still tell Pikachu to defend from it." Nia explained. "As I said before, words like 'dodge' 'be careful' and 'watch out' will tell Pikachu to dodge. But you can also tell him 'brace'--this will make him block an incoming attack."

"Okay....brace!" Ash commanded, prompting Pikachu to assume a defensive pose.

"Not all moves you can name are attacks--some will defend and support your Pokemon." Nia went on. "Now, about the Burst Gauge...once it is full, sing your Heart Song or name your Pokemon and say 'Color Burst'

Ash nodded, and sang Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... engulfing the arena in rainbow light as the power collected in the Burst Gauge surged through Pikachu.

He watched in awe as Pikachu's tail glowed cyan, leaving a rainbow trail before delivering a punch that created a rainbow explosion on the training dummy.

"Whoa..." Misty gasped.

"That was cool!" Serena replied.

"I call that 'Rainbow Shock Fist'." Nia smiled as Ash removed his Synergizer. "And there you go! That's the basics of a Synergy Battle--but if you guys have any questions, or want to review something, just tell me!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

• Staff
Episode 3: Walking the Rainbow Road

"Good morning, Team Colore!" Nia smiled as the group arrived at the front gate of the Neos Stadium, where people of all ages were streaming inside. "What you are about to do is undertake a feat only a rare few individuals and teams ever complete--rising to the top of the Ferrum League."

She produced a rules sheet from one pocket. "Each League works the same way--you begin as part of a pool of 500, and the top 64 of those go on to the finals, Win that, and you defeat the League Master to earn the right to go on to the next League."

"Okay...what other League records are there?" Ash asked Nia led the way to the red side of the stadium, where they would be competing.

"Well...what you are about to do is called 'walking the rainbow road'." Nia replied as the group arrived in the competitor's box on the left end of the stadium. "Going all the way to the White League and defeating the White League Master after starting from #500 in the Magenta League, where all new Synergists and teams start from."

"Sounds like a long way..." Misty mused as the group made themselves comfortable in a large lounge overlooking the stadium, with a smaller room for the Synergist currently battling.

"Walking the Rainbow Road is only achieved by a few hundred individuals and teams each year, and the feat is even rarer for individuals outside of Ferrum." Nia explained. "Although an outsider winning it all can and has happened before."

Then a thought occurred to her. "The White Master often allows teams to be sponsored--so I applied and got permission to be your team sponsor. This means I can help you plan strategies and tell you a bit about what your opponents are like, but I can't battle for you unless you have no Pokemon fit for battle.

"Okay then, Sponsor Nia, are there any extra rules we should be aware of besides what we learned at the dojo yesterday?" Brock asked as he settled on a couch near the door.

"Well, you don't have to worry about unfairly beating an individual--to keep it fair, individuals and teams have different schedules." Nia replied. "This means an individual will not go up against a team, and vice versa."

"That's a relief..." Serena smiled.

"Team members participate in a rotating order, beginning with the team captain and moving to each team member in turn." Nia went on. "So beginning with Ash, Misty would fight the next match, then Brock, then you, and then back to Ash again. A team wins if they win the majority of their matches--so it is still possible for some matches to be lost and the team still advances to the next round."

"Is it possible for someone to go all the way without even losing?" Ash asked.

"Just reaching the White Master and winning is hard enough." Nia cautioned. "Harder still are the feats of Rainbow Champion and Rainbow Champion Team, which is to reach the top without losing even once."

She noticed a band taking their places on the arena field. "You may want to remove your hats, they're about to play the League anthem." Ash and Serena nodded, then quickly complied.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...please rise and remove your hats as we honor our League with the performance of 'Iron Rainbow'" the arena announcer began as the crowd fell silent.

Once all was quiet, the band began a majestic melody evoking warriors in battle before crescendoing to a spirited fanfare. Wow...I've never heard something this beautiful before... Brock thought as the wave of brass, woodwinds, and drums washed over the stadium.

Thunderous applause filled the air at the song's conclusion. "That blew 'Red, Blue, and Yellow Bold' out of the water!" Brock raved as he applauded.

"You have to remember that 'Red, Blue, and Yellow Bold' started as a drinking song before they rewrote the tune and the words to what it is today." Misty reminded him.

"Huh--learn something new every day." Brock grinned.

"Our first matchup of the Magenta League--Ash Ketchum of Team Colore vs. Deanna Fields of Team Whitecloud." the announcer reported.

Ash took a deep breath to relieve the Beautiflies in his stomach. "Well guys...this is it--what we came all this way to do."

He held out his hand before his friends. "Fire, ruby red..."

"Water, azure blue..." Misty lay her hand on top of Ash's.

"Yellow of a thunder crash..." Serena laid her hand on top of her friends.

"Through green forest Pokemon dash..." Brock added his hand to the growing pile of hands.

"From sunrise pink to victorious white..." Nia also added her hand to the pile.

"WE ARE TEAM COLORE, WITH RAINBOW MIGHT!" all five team members chorused before seperating their hands to excited cheers.

"Now that we have the team cheer out of the way..." Nia showed Ash a brownish gold haired girl alongside an Espeon. "Here is your opponent, the captain of Team Whitecloud. She prefers a hit and run strategy with her Espeon, Ness, but if you can counter Ness before he hits hard, you may have a chance."

Ash nodded. "Ready, Pikachu?"

[Let's do this!] Pikachu replied. [For Team Colore!] he called before skittering off to the competitor entryway.

Ash, meanwhile, settled inside the room with the Synergy Console and eased on his Synergizer. "Pikachu Power, Synergize."

TO BE CONTINUED...

• Staff
Episode 4: First Match

On the arena floor, Pikachu gained a yellow aura as he stared down his opponent--an Espeon with a pinkish purple aura. "Let's do this!" he called to the lavender cat-like Pokemon with a garnet in its forehead, mimicking what his master had said through the Synergizer.

I see your defeat, pipsqueak! the Espeon telepathically replied as it braced for battle.

"3...2...1...GO!" an announcer called to start the match, making a clock set to five minutes begin to tick down.

Pikachu circled around the Espeon, then charged the sparkling Thunderbolts he had used in the dojo. "Sparkling Thunder!"

"Healing Light..." the Espeon replied, healing most of the damage Pikachu had caused.

It next formed a fiery aura around itself. "Heroic Spirit!"

"Sparkling Thunder!" Pikachu fired another round of sparkling thunderbolts, but watched as the Espeon barely even flinched and the thunderbolts fizzled out on the protective barriers around the crowd. "Okay, let's try a new tactic..."

The garnet on the Espeon's head glowed, unleashing a huge beam of red tinged sunlight at the unsuspecting Pikachu. "Breaking Dawn!"

The massive beam sent Pikachu flying backwards, landing against the protective barrier and sliding to the arena floor. The crowd, Ash, Misty, Brock, Raven, and Nia gasped--could Pikachu's shot at Ferrum League glory be over before it even started?

Relieved applause filled the arena as Pikachu shakily got up. "That's gonna hurt tomorrow, but I'm not going down without a fight!"

"Shooting Star!" The Espeon next conjured a Swift attack, pinning Pikachu to the wall.

But Pikachu broke away from the Swift stars that held him and charged at the Espeon, gaining the familiar sparking burst of Volt Tackle. "Spark Wing!" he called as he slammed into the Espeon, sending it flying backwards, but narrowly missing the other protective barrier.

Not one to be deterred, the Espeon unleashed a rainbow beam of energy from its garnet "Rainbow Flash!"

"AUGGGGGH!" Pikachu screamed as he was battered by the Psybeam attack. All this way here, and we're gonna lose before our adventure even begins? he thought as he felt himself flying through the air, landing on the arena floor with a plop.

Do you give up now? the Espeon telepathically asked him.

He shakily got up and dusted himself off. "No...my friends I have come too far to give up now. We will be a Champion Team!" he growled before making a flying jump and ramming the Espeon...

---------

"How are you doing in there, Ash?" Nia called into the Synergist's chamber.

"When you said Ness could hit hard, you weren't kidding!" Ash's voice replied back before he saw the Espeon warp behind Pikachu in an attempt to catch him by surprise. "Watch out!"

"Can you use a Burst Attack yet?" Misty asked.

"It's almost there, but I can't induce Pikachu yet." Ash replied back before calling "Brace!" moments before the Espeon fired a blast of Confusion.

He noticed a rainbow glow around the Burst Gauge, took a deep breath, and sang Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... through the Synergizer....

---------

Back on the field, Pikachu heard Ash's voice resonate through his mind, followed by a rainbow aura forming around him, which became a rainbow burst moments later. Oh yeah! I feel like I could take on the world!

The Espeon reared back as Pikachu's tail glowed cyan, leaving a rainbow trail as he sent the Espeon flying through the air before delivering a punch that created a rainbow explosion that lit up the arena. "Rainbow Shock Fist!" he triumphantly called as he delivered the final blow, sending the Espeon flying to the ground again. This time, it struck the protective barrier as Pikachu's rainbow burst wore off.

The crowd held their breaths to see if the Espeon would be getting up, then cheered as another rainbow aura formed around it. Pikachu braced himself and shielded his eyes as a bright flash lit up the arena again. "Psyflash!"

He saw sparkling dots in his field of vision, but shook them off as he collected his bearings. "Lightning Chain!" he called, firing thunderbolts that wrapped around the Espeon, making it fall to the ground with a plop, just as the clock expired.

The crowd roared as Pikachu took a bow for the crowd, but inside the competitor's box, the mood was just as jubilant when Ash emerged from the Synergist's chamber. "Well done, Ash!" Nia smiled. "How does it feel to be the victor of your first Synergy Battle?"

"Exhilarating..." Ash wheezed as he wiped some sweat from his brow. "I thought Pikachu was done for for a moment..."

"We felt the same way." Misty assured Ash. "But you managed to pull yourself together and win!"

"So, what happens to our opponents now that they've lost?" Brock wondered as the standings displayed Team Colore moving up five spots to #495, and Team Whitecloud moving down to the bottom spot.

"They will face the new team that reached number 499, and provided they don't lose a second time, they can still make their way to the final field." Nia replied. "Depending on how difficult the opponent was for you to defeat, you may move as many as ten spots up the rankings, but you need to be in the final 64 to move onto the finals."

"Just like a basketball tournament!" Serena smiled. Brock smiled too as he savored the memory of basketball tournaments he had played in himself.

"So for this next match, Misty will face the second member of the team." Nia went on. "Then Brock will face the third member of the next team, Serena faces the fourth member of the next team, before we start over with Ash facing the captain of the team after that."

"Next matchup--Misty Williams of Team Colore vs. Dennis Pearson of Team Mirage." the announcer began as a picture of a yellow haired boy with a Latios blipped on the screen.

"The Latis are Dragon and Psychic...don't think Pikachu could handle that." Ash mused as Pikachu was whisked away to the onsite Pokemon Center.

"You forget I have a spare Pokemon..." Misty grinned before tossing up a Poke Ball. "Come on out, Fiona!"

Brock was the most surprised as an elegant swan Pokemon materialized in the room. "Didn't know you brought Fiona along..."

Ash, meanwhile, studied his Pokedex to learn more about the majestic Pokemon in the room:

"Swanna, the white bird Pokemon. Despite their elegant appearance, they can flap their wings strongly and fly for thousands of miles.

"Not just that, she knows the song that unleashes great magic, and often used as a desperation spell on TV." Misty explained. "So she can hold her own in battle!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

• Staff
Episode 5: The Swanna and the Eon

"What IS that?" Serena balked at the blue and silver dragon staring down the Swanna trotting into the arena.

"Here, I'll show you." Ash flipped open his Pokedex to allow Serena to read about Fiona's opponent:

"Latios, the eon Pokemon. Even in hiding, it can detect the locations of others and sense their emotions since it has telepathy. Its intelligence allows it to understand human languages.

Serena swallowed hard as Misty was closed inside the Synergist chamber. "I hope Misty knows what she's doing..."

Inside the arena, Fiona made the first move. "Water Pulse!"

The Latios balked at the waves of water brimming with energy headed for it, and zoomed away, leaving the attack to splatter on the protective walls. Its head began to glow, and a psychic eye symbol appeared on its head as it dove down towards Fiona. "Zen Headbutt."

Fiona fluttered away moments before the Latios landed with a crash, leaving a crater where she had been seconds before. "Hope the arena crew knows how to fix that..." Ash mused as Fiona conjured an Aqua Ring around her to protect herself.

"Don't worry the arena's able to repair itself." Nia replied as she watched the Latios spew a Dragonbreath at Fiona, sending her flying to the arena edge.

Not one to be deterred, Fiona started flapping up a white tornado made of feathers. "Dove Tornado!"

"Dragon Pulse!" A beam of energy went flying from the Laitos' mouth, making Fiona's attack fizzle out, but Fiona had taken flight to avoid the attack, so the Dragon Pulse fizzled out on the protective barrier.

"Come on, Misty, where's those ice attacks you said Fiona knew?" Ash wondered as he watched the battle unfold in the arena.

"I'm trying!" Misty reported back. "But Mr. Eon Dragon knows where Fiona's going to be and what she plans to do before she even has a chance to do anything!"

"Isn't that cheating?" Serena wondered.

"Not necessarily--you can't exactly legislate against telepathy in a rule book." Brock replied. "What Misty CAN do in situations like this is change up her battle plan, and catch her opponent off guard with something it's never seen before."

"Something it's never seen before..." Misty mused from the Synergist's chamber. "Brock, you're a genius! I have an idea..."

Inside the arena, Fiona swayed and swirled to the background music coming from the arena speakers, creating a whorl of ice and snow that caught the Eon dragon by surprise. "Dancing Snow!"

The Latios grimaced, then gained a light blue aura as a male voice echoed through the arena. Furiya, shuru shamato...

Ash balked. "A Mega Evolution?" he gasped as the Latios was engulfed in a pale blue light.

"Well...this is some turn of events." Misty grumbled from inside the chamber as the newly transformed Mega Latios emerged, to the cheers of the audience. "Fiona can't Mega Evolve..."

"But she CAN use the famous Swanna Song!" Serena assured her friend.

"Come to think of it, that's what Fiona's Burst is on the console..." Misty noted. "I'm saving it if things get bad, though."

Inside the arena, Fiona prepared another Dove Tornado, moments before she heard the Mega Latios singing in an ancient language, creating illusions of Dragonites around him.

She had almost no time to react, however, as Mega Latios becan forming a glowing white ball of light. "Luster Purge!"

The crowd gasped as the Swanna took the bright attack nearly point blank, lighting up the area around the arena. [Assuming Fiona survived that, that's gonna hurt in the morning.] Pikachu noted.

"Fiona...can you hear me?" Misty pleaded. "We can't lose now...not after we've come this far!"

Relieved applause filled the air as the Swanna glowed blue from its Aqua Ring, and gingerly stood up. "You think you're so high and mighty with your powerful attacks..." Fiona angrily growled as she walked toward the Mega Latios in preparation to engage it again in battle. "But you forget I have a power you do not...the power made famous to millions of children and adults on TV shows around the world...the power all Swannas have innately in their hearts...the eternal Swanna's Song!"

With that, she streaked skyward, becoming a blue-white streak of light before singing Gatrandis favel, secret, edena....

"The Swanna Song!" Serena smiled--maybe Misty had a chance!

Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis... Fiona continued, her voice resounding through the arena as she flapped up torrents of wind, ice, snow, sapphires, and silver dust. Katoradis favel siicletu edena...

With one last powerful flap, she sent the icy tornado flying at the trembling Mega Latios. Emusto koron zen fine, si...

Many in the crowd and on both sides of the arena shielded their eyes as the shining icy tornado engulfed the Mega Latios, but when the light faded, it lay swirly eyed on the ground as Fiona gracefully twirled down to the arena floor as the arena roared with applause.

"She did it!" Ash was just as overjoyed as Misty emerged from the chamber, elated that her Pokemon's most riskiest move had come through for them all.

[When it comes down to it, you can't keep a good mon down.] Pikachu smiled as he and Raven watched their human teammates celebrate.

[That is true...] Raven smiled, pleased.

Nia was first to speak as she watched Team Colore advance to #490 in the rankings. "That's two wins so far, even if they did come by the skin of your teeth--keep this up and you just might be not just a Rainbow Champion Team, but the first foreign Rainbow Champion Team in twenty years."

"As noble a goal that is, let's just focus on the task at hand for now." Brock replied. "Getting to the top 64 of the Magenta League."

He then heard his matchup being announced over the arena loudspeaker. "Next matchup: Brock Harrison of Team Colore vs. Terry Wilder of Team Seiryu.

Misty smiled when she saw Brock's opponent was a Gyarados. "With Pikachu, a Gyarados will be cake!"

"I wouldn't be so sure...remember that Gyarados can learn a lot of Dragon moves." Ash reminded Misty as Pikachu romped by Brock's side...

• Staff
Episode 6: The Song of Thunder

In the arena, Pikachu gained a green aura as Brock synergized with him. "I hope Brock knows what he's doing..." Serena mused as she looked out at the massive watery dragon-like serpent staring down Pikachu.

"Relax, Brock was once a Gym Leader, so he probably knows what's he's doing." Misty assured Serena as the Gyarados lunged to bite Pikachu, but Pikachu jumped away!

"Don't tell me we'll earn this victory by the skins of our teeth too..." Ash grumbled as Pikachu, under Brock's command, effortlessly jumped away from an energy tornado, which fizzled out on the protective barrier.

"Sparkling Thunder!" Pikachu called, sending thunderbolts flying at the Gyarados.

While the electric blast rattled the Gyarados a little, it also angered it enough to fire some icy shards at Pikachu. "Frozen Shimmer!"

"Gah!" was all Pikachu could say before he was sent flying to the protective barrier, then pinned into place by the icy shards.

"Not so powerful now that you can't move, pipsqueak." the Gyarados sneered as it slithered close to Pikachu. "Dancing Rain."

Some thunder rumbled, and rain started to fall on the arena, prompting many fans to open their umbrellas and hurry to put on ponchos. "Thankfully, we're nice and dry in here." Ash smiled, never mind his friend and partner was struggling to get free from the icy shards that held him.

"Pity Kitsune's not out there...she's break free from those in seconds." Serena added.

"Yeah, but then that Gyarados would put her out." Ash reminded her. "Water beats fire."

Misty watched in horror as the the Gyarados smacked Pikachu with an Aqua Tail, than thrashed around the arena, making sure to batter Pikachu in its angry rage. "Brock's being awfully quiet in there for someone that's about to lose..." she mused as with every thwack and swish the Gyarados landed on Pikachu, the faster his HP bar seemed to drain.

"He thinks he's so high and mighty pounding away with raw power? I have a little trick up my sleeve..." Brock assured his worried friends from inside the Synergist's chamber.

With that, he sang Imultaos, ame no hao bakezo... moments before a motivational song started playing over the speakers.

Brock's Mega Evolution aura bust Pikachu from the icy shards, allowing him to gracefully flip over a Hydro Pump attack and land before the Gyarados. I look tonight and in the sky I see a shooting star, he sang as he angrily stared down the Gyarados.

The love that's deep inside your hearts, it carries me away!
But now that light is gone, and now I want to cry...
But everything will change, it'll be all right!

"Is that the theme of the Pokeguardians?" Nia recognized what Pikachu was singing.

"It is!" Ash gasped. "It's also known as 'Let's Go!' on official soundtracks."

Now my spirit is renewed, it is time to face my foe... Pikachu continued as he stood up.
The thunder rolls, the fire burns, it's time to stand and say...

Let's Go! I will rise again!
Let's Go! I will fight and win!
Transform! A hero is needed!

The group gasped in awe as Pikachu was surrounded in a deep green light, only to emerge in a familiar purple, red, and gold minstrel's costume. Let's Go! Raise the battle cry!
Let's Go! Through earth and sea and sky!
Minstrel Pikachu continued, his voice battering the Gyarados with electrified music notes.

And now! It's time for our heroes
To take a stand...

"Is that Brock's minstrel costume???" Ash gasped.

"It's possible that those Pokemon that can't Mega Evolve can still transform, in a way--and what they turn into depends on who they synergize with." Nia explained as she watched Minstrel Pikachu deliver a Volt Tackle to the Gyarados.

"That explains the mini version of Brock's minstrel costume..." Misty grinned as she listened to Minstrel Pikachu sing...

I look tonight and make a wish upon that shooting star
"Don't take away the friends I have, so keep them close to me!"
Although life is filled with darkness, there is also light...
I cherish my friends forever, it'll be all right!

He charged another electrified note. Quickly now we draw the line! Into battle now we fly!
The thunder rolls, the fire burns, and now I stand and say...

With that, he unleashed a barrage of electrified notes as he sang the iconic chorus, not unlike how the Gyrados was battering him moments before. Let's Go! I will rise again!

Let's Go! Raise the battle cry!
To take a stand...

"Come on, Minstrel Pikachu! You can do it!" Ash called, whistling in support of the ornately dressed Pikachu racing in circles around the Gyarados, its song negating the effects of Volt Tackle's recoil as its tiny voice rang through the stadium...

Let's Go! I will rise again!

Let's Go! Raise the battle cry!
To take a stand...

As the song's last note rang through the rainy arena, Minstrel Pikachu rammed into the Gyarados in an electric explosion, sending it flying as his background music ended. As the Gyarados landed swirly eyed in the middle of the arena, Minstrel Pikachu took a bow for the cheering crowd before the costume disappeared from him in a flash of green light.

Inside the competitor's box, Brock emerged from the Synergist's room with a grin. "See? Told'ja I had a trick up my sleeve." he told his elated friends.

"Yeah, but I didn't know you knew all the words to 'Let's Go'!" Ash smiled. "Much less turn Pikachu into a minstrel!"

"You have to admit he looked pretty cute in that costume..." Misty smiled.

"I wonder what Pikachu would turn into if I induced him?" Serena wondered as Nia showed her her opponent--a dull purple haired girl with a Sceptile.

[Maybe I could transform too.] Kitsune assured her master. [But no matter what, I will give my all for you guys!]

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom