• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon: The Johto Chronicles [Sign-ups open!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Red

Kaboom
Reaction score
heartgold-soulsilver-ecruteak-city.jpg

The Johto Region

History:
1,500 years from modern times, the place now known as the Ruins of Alph was built in Johto, and the earliest system of writing was developed. Nobody knows exactly who built the Ruins of Alph, but research indicates that they were most likely an ancient civilization that wished to co-exist with the enigmatic Unown that bear great resemblance to letters from our modern Latin alphabet. Not only did the ancient people impart messages in the ruins' walls describing the Unown, but a statue of a Pokemon was also erected for reasons unknown.

At some point later, outsiders began to gather near the ruins. The Unown were timid creatures, rejecting contact with anyone but the ancient clan who had protected them. To make sure of the Unown's well being, the Ruins of Alph's inhabitants decided to leave Johto, but not without devising complicated puzzles so that the Unown could be summoned again. As for the clan, they headed for a mountain in the far north where they met another group of people who hailed from Spear Pillar. Together, the two groups constructed a temple to honor the Pokemon, Arceus, which incorporated elements from the Ruins of Alph and Spear Pillar; this collaboration probably has something to do with the relationship between Arceus and the Unown. The temple, too, has been since left in ruin, and its lowest floor is known today as the Sinjoh Ruins. However, the ritual of honoring legendary Pokemon goes all the way back to ancient Johto, specifically Ecruteak City.

About 700 years before modern times, the people of Ecruteak built two large towers with the hopes of fostering friendship and hope between Pokémon and humans, the Brass Tower in the west, which was said to awaken Pokemon, and the Bell Tower in the east, which was said to put Pokemon to rest. Both towers became the roost of two powerful flying Pokemon, Lugia and Ho-Oh, respectively. Although it is unknown what made the citizens of Johto revere Lugia and Ho-Oh, a seperate tale indicates that Lugia had had a previous encounter with the people of Johto when it stopped a war on the Whirl Islands, which were a single island at the time.

The towers stood for a good 550 years, when a lightning bolt struck the Brass Tower. It was engulfed in flames, and the fire lasted for three days. Finally, a sudden downpour came and put out the blaze, but it had already burnt to the ground. Three nameless Pokemon perished in the fire, but Ho-Oh descended from the sky, and ressurected them. The revived Pokemon were meant to embody three powers: the lightning that struck the tower, the fire that burnt the tower, and the rain the put out the fire, and thus, the legendary beasts, Raikou, Entei and Suicune were born. When the three appeared, the struck terror into those who saw their rise. Then the Pokemon, knowing their own power, fled, running like the wind, off into Johto's grasslands. Both Ho-Oh and Lugia flew away at the sight of the growing distance between people and Pokemon. While they never returned to Ecruteak, they yearned for a person to touch the hearts and souls of Pokemon once more.

Around 500 years from modern day, the Cianwood City Pharmacy, the world's oldest pharmacy was built. About 400 years ago, Azalea Town was struck by a long-term drought wave. After once again bringing the rain back by yawning, the Pokemon, Slowpoke, gained an honorable position in that town.

Basic Plot:
The Johto Region- what better place to start a journey?

Our story begins in the peaceful town of New Bark on the day in which beginning trainers are to visit Professor Elm, the local Pokemon expert, at his lab to hopefully recieve a starter Pokemon and a Pokedex. While on your journey, the possibilities are endless. There can be multiple plots, each with its own sort of twist. Paths diverge on the road to victory. Which one will you take?

The Path of a Trainer:
These guys live for battling. They specialize in catching and training Pokemon.

Many trainers leave home at the age of ten, although some are older, sometimes accompanied by a starter Pokemon recieved from a Pokemon Professor. Many will travel about one or more regions doing such things as gathering information for the Pokedex, perfecting their technique, collecting badges, and working to become a Pokémon master.

Pokémon Trainers come in all sorts of classes: Youngsters tend to stay close to home, and Bug Catchers swarm about the Bug-filled forests; Hikers traverse mountains and caves, Fishermen are rarely far from water, and Ace Trainers aspire to compete in the Pokémon League. A Trainer's class may reflect their Pokémon of choice, the areas they prefer, their technique, and their level of skill.

Many towns have a gym run by a strong and expiriences trainer known as a Gym Leader. Other trainer may challenge the Gym Leader an battle. If the Gym Leader is defeated, he or she rewards the trainer with an official Pokemon League badge. However, the Gym Leader may award the Trainer a badge for other reasons, since the badge is a symbol of the Trainer's skill. Above the level of Gym Leaders are the Elite Four Trainers and Pokémon League, where all trainer's dream of being.

Path of a Coordinator:
A Pokemon Coordinator is someone who raises their Pokemon to compete in contests.

They raise their Pokemon much like trainers do, although with more emphasis on beauty and appearances since they are major factors when it comes to points in Contests. They need totrain their Pokemon to have beautiful moves, and be able to do well in battles, as a battle tournament is normally held during the second round of a contest.

Coordinators need a Contest Pass from a particular region to enter contests there. Like trainers, they travel throughout the region catching and training Pokemon. However, unlike trainers, they aim to earn ribbons instead of badges. But, unlike badges, Coordinators get only a single shot of winning a particular ribbon from a particular contest. They must compete with other Coordinators for that ribbon. They need to collect five ribbons by winning various Contests in the region in order to be able to participate in that region's Grand Festival. If they win the Grand Festival, they will be awarded the Ribbon Cup.

The Path of a Breeder
is primarily a Pokémon Trainer who raises and mates carefully selected Pokémon to reproduce specific improvements in future generations of Pokémon, such as moves, individual values, or natures.

Rules:
1. All general Bulbagarden rules apply.
2. No godmodding, bunnying, flaming, etc.
3. No tennising.
4. Keep swearing to minimum.
5. Keep romance PG-13.
6. Be logical, but be creative.

Now, one of the reasons I gave such a short, basic plot is because I'm going to allow players to build upon it as they wish. I encourage you to create your own sort of story, as it will make the RP much more interesting.

Sign-ups:
Name: Pretty self-explanitory
Age Also pretty self-explanitory
Appearance: What does your character look like? A paragraph should be sufficient.
Personality: How does your charcter act? Again, a paragraph should be good.
History: (optional) What events have taken place during your character's lifetime that shape who they are today? This is optional.
Profession: Trainer, Coordinator or Breeder
Starter: Can be any basic Pokemon from Johto, excluding legendaries and pseudo-legendaries

Last edited:
Name: Fae McCann

Appearance: Fae wears a stereotypical bug catchers hat, over her shoulder-length brown hair. Her eyes are a light hazel, and she has a pale complexion, despite all her time in the sun. She wears a light green tank top, and khaki shorts. On her feet are simple brown sandals.

Personality: Fae is a very will-driven girl. She has a bit of a temper issue as well. She is quick to come to a descision, and will stand by it until the end. She's a bit... obsessive, when it comes to the bug type. She's suspicious of those who act friendly towards her, due to her past, but if they win her over she will defend them fiercely. She is also not afraid to get into a fist fight.

History: Fae was born in Rustboro, in Hoenn. Ever since she was little, she's had an obsession with the bug type. She would venture out almost every day, net in hand, trying to capture them. this prevented her from making friends. Girls shunned her, due to her liking bugs, and boys shunned her, due to her being a girl. Boys would often pick on Fae, and she very quickly grew tired of that. She started fighting the boys, and more often than not, won. With pokemon however, she was completely different. She was kind, caring, almost motherly to her pokemon. Roxxanne, seeing a lot of potential in this social outcast, decided to send her to Johto with only her Spinarak, where hopefully she would learn a little self-control, and maybe make some friends.

Profession: Trainer

Starter: Spinarak (Veena)

Name: Sharda Dragon

Personality: I am very cheery, and will often not punish people for breaking small school rules, and of course, being tardy. I am always very happy to call students up to my office, and that is mostly because I don't actually get the chance to leave the premisies very often, and then I can talk to their parents as a person. I often want to get of school ground, but that never happens because then the mansion would be up for grabs to the students, even though they can't leave school premises themselves without a probable reason. When ever you see me wear the red dress though, that is an occasion of either a student finaly gets punished, it is a holiday of a sort, or it is just the anniversary of my parents death.

Appearance: I am about 5'6", I always wear a very elegant dress, and with it I normally have my hair bound toward the end, and have it just straight. My hair is a very beautiful shade of brown, and goes down to about my waist. The dress is more commonly a sky blue or sea green, but sometimes I wear a fiery red dress for special occasions. My eyes are a shade of light blue.

History: I grew up in a very large mansion, and was a rich kid. I got everything that I wanted, but one thing, the attention of my parents. My parents had 3 nursemaids to take care of me when I was young, but none ever cared for me like a daughter. Eventually, I finally got my parents attention, but it was well to late.

When I was about 7 years old, a homicidal maniac broke into my home, and killed both of my parents, the only reason I was not killed is that my parents had kept the man out of my small room. My parents were both discovered dead in the morning, because the housemaid let in a group of my parents clients. After that, I got complete control of the mansion, but the profit didn't come with it until I was 18.

Profession: Coordinator

Starter: Shuckle

Name:Grayson Taylor
Appearance:Grayson has black, medium length hair that goes hangs down the sides of his face. His brown eyes are concealed by his bangs. A light stubble surrounds his chin and the area around his mouth. Grayson's nose is slightly bent to the side, a consequence of his nose being previously broken. Grayson typically prefers black or dark grey clothing. Grayson's usual outfit is a black jacket zipped up to the top, covering a light grey t shirt underneath. He also wears khaki's and an older model of New Balance sneakers. Grayson sometimes wears reading glasses to see things that are far away from him.
Personality: Grayson is an unemotional and cold individual who prefers to keep his emotions to himself. Grayson doesn't usually express his opinion but he will speak up if he feels particularly strongly about something. Grayson may seem like a cold and uncaring person but he deeply cares for his Pokemon and shares a close bond with them. Grayson is not the most affectionate person and is awkward being around other people. Grayson has a strong sense of morals and justice. Grayson hates Team Rocket and wants them to be punished.
History: Grayson's mother is Ariana of Team Rocket. When Grayson was about three years old, Ariana left the family to devote her life to reviving Team Rocket. This event caused Grayson to despise Team Rocket. Grayson's father, passed away recently from an illness. Grayson has taken it upon himself to take down Team Rocket, himself.
Profession: Trainer
Starter: Murkrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom