• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Pokemon: The Journey of Evolution (IC thread)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
@ReadsALotOfBooks

It has been three weeks since the Champion Tournament in Wyndon. Chairman Rose, once widely revered across Galar, was now widely shunned by most Galarians for unleashing the primal dragon Pokémon Eternatus during the height of the Champion's Tournament. Fortunately, you and the other competitors rallied alongside Hop, Gloria, the Hero's Sword Zacian, and the Guardian Shield Zamazenta to banish Eternatus once and for all. It was a long and drawn out battle, but eventually, you all emerged victorious.

Since then, Victor and Gloria have told you about a large island known as the Isle of Armor, where martial arts are a pivotal part of the culture. They have told you to track down the Kikuzu Dojo, and have written a letter of introduction for the two masters on your behalf.

At the moment, you are currently taking the Armor Express flight to the island. Once your Flying Taxi touches down, your first task is to find Kikuzu Dojo.

Elise's knuckles were white. Her grip on the seat beneath her could kill. She stared straight down, as if intensely focused on something on the floor of the cab.

Of course, she wasn't trying to focus on what was inside the cab as much as she was trying not to focus on what was outside the cab. Elise d'Ongarde could not wait for the Flying Taxi to land, and if you asked her, it would be because she could not wait to land on the Isle of Armor. That would be a lie. Elise d'Ongarde, a strong Pokémon trainer in her own right, who has conquered quite a few challenges in her path throughout the Gym Challenge and the Champion's Tournament... is afraid of heights.

When the Flying Taxi finally landed, Elise finally relaxed, and took a look around. She couldn't see much from in the station, but she could already smell the refreshing scent of the sea. Looking down to her belt, she internally counted them. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Taking a deep breath, Elise reflected on her goal. Find the Kikuzu Dojo. Maybe they can teach you something. Finally standing up, Elise said , "Thanks for the ride," trying her best to be nonchalant about it, as she headed to leave the station.

• Staff
@ReadsALotOfBooks

[You're most welcome, milady.] the Corviknight cawed. [We hope you will go flying with us again soon.]

The station was not too busy at this hour, but a girl in purple, white, and green garb, and a large wing like bow crowning her pink hair stood out from the other travelers coming and going about their daily business.

(anything [like this] is translated Poke-talk.)

With the station so empty, there wouldn't be anything stopping Elise from opening the doors separating her from the vast Isle of Armor. Nothing in between her and all sorts of natural beauty! Nothing at all stopping her from reaching the Kikuzu Dojo, nothing at all...

As Elise looked through the door to the station, she slowly came to a stop, as realization dawned on her. I don't know where to even start. And looking on my own could take days, with how big this island is. Reluctantly, Elise turned back to the stationgoers, and actually paid attention to them this time. The girl in the colorful outfit seemed as though she'd be a good place to start - something about her seemed relatable to Elise, as though they may be more similar than she would first believe. Either way, she'd have to ask someone eventually, considering none of her Pokémon could really fly her around the island - not that she'd want to be flown around. Elise shuddered at the thought of riding a flying Pokémon itself, as opposed to the relative safety of a Flying Taxi.

Elise has never been a shy girl in any sense of the word, so she wasted no time in walking right up to the pink-haired girl, and getting to the point. "Excuse me, miss, would you happen to know where I could find the Kikuzu Dojo?"

(Will you RP Elise's Pokémon or will I?)

@LightningTopaz

(In that case I'll do it when the time comes.)

"I... I don't think we've met, no. I don't think I've seen you before, so, uh, unless you've seen me, then..." Elise frowned and shook her head. "I'm new to the Isle of Armor, and I... I was hoping that you'd be able to help me find my way." Elise smiled slightly, grateful that the stranger was so open to conversation. This could have been a lot less convenient.

@LightningTopaz

At this, Elise smirked. I guess I am a hero of sorts, aren't I?

"Thank you so much! It sounds like we'll be seeing much more of each other, Klara, so I should probably introduce myself!" At this, Elise beamed, forgetting all worries she could have held about her upcoming adventure. "My name is Elise, and I'm that newbie!" And with that announcement, Elise turned back towards the door to the station, ready to get started on her new adventure... though Elise felt confident that she'd get a reaction out of Klara, one she'd be delighted to see.

@LightningTopaz

Elise followed Klara, but she spent a lot of the trip quietly looking around at the environment of the Isle of Armor. It was quite pretty, especially for such a small area, with such a diverse climate. As they came up to the top of the hill, Elise suddenly got nervous again, the novelty of it all getting to her. Nonetheless, she kept her head up and continued to follow Klara.

Last edited:
(Ah, okay. Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant in the previous reply.)

"Well then. She seems nice." Elise sighed and looked around. The rolling hills were populated with Pokémon of all sorts, and Elise couldn't help but feel as though this would be a wonderful place to catch Pokémon. She looked down to her belt again, and smiled while shaking her head. I've already got my hands full with these 5, she thought, and she considered bringing one of them out of their balls to walk with her. The distant tower seemed to loom over her, and Elise suddenly came down with intense determination. I am here to become stronger myself. My team is plenty strong. And with that, Elise began to walk in the direction Klara had pointed out earlier, making her way towards the Kikuzu Dojo.

It was the Rapidash rearing that first drew Elise's attention, but the small white Vulpix was far more interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a Vulpix like that before... Not in person, at least. Elise stopped in her tracks as she took a moment to think. Where was the snowy Ninetales from? Alola? Elise began to approach the curious little Fox Pokémon.

Elise relaxed when she heard the voice. I'm glad it has a trainer. And then she did a double-take at what the woman would say next.

"A hundred and fifty?!" Elise couldn't hold in her surprise, yelling far louder than anything she had said all day. "That's... a lot of Vulpix!" Perhaps it was obvious, but Elise was stunned, staring at the breeder in awe.

@ReadsALotOfBooks

The woman just smiled. "My name's Kaimana--I came here some years ago because I fell in love with the cooler climate--that and the Alolan Ninetales that came with me loved having a proper winter with snow. the woman explained. "So I started an Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales sanctuary, where people can see this beautiful Pokemon up close. From the original four Alolan Ninetales I brought with me, I ended up with twelve as the years passed."

She assured Elise "I'm very careful to breed my Alolan Ninetales ethically. The mothers are treated well, and not overbred. This year turned out to be very productive--all my active females had large litters. All the babies added up to 151."

She went on "Two weeks ago, a huge storm came through, and one of my apprentices forgot to close the main outdoor pen. A huge thunderbolt startled the babies, and they all scattered around the island to Arceus knows where. It would mean the world to me if you could keep an eye out for them as you travel around the island."

"Oh no! That's awful!" Elise showed visible concern. "That's still... a lot of Vulpix. But I'd be happy to help you find them!" Elise smiled. "It's quite lucky that Alolan Vulpix are as white as snow. Unless it's winter, they stand out quite a bit."

Elise suddenly focused on the the tower off in the distance, and, remembering her purpose for being here, she sighed, and said, "Well, I must be getting on. Where can I find your sanctuary?"

@LightningTopaz

"I'll keep an eye out!" Elise called out as she walked away, back towards the Kikuzu Dojo. She had been marveling at the beautiful landscapes before, but now she did so with a purpose, careful to double-check any white-furred Pokémon she came across.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom