• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon: The Land of Opportunity: Start up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Italy-kun

Pata pata pata pata pata!
Reaction score
OOC: Y'all know the rules, and the SU's are eternally open. Remember, the POV of the Poke. When the trainer gets another Poke, use their POV if you want. Pokes can understand their own Trainer/Coordinator (due to their bond) but nobody else. Have fun, and if this post seems a bit rushed, it's because this is my second try at getting this posted.

Flare stood off to the side of the crowd, with Bisharp on the other. Jake and Sento were up on a stage, adressing them. "Hello new Trainers and Coordinators!" Jake boomed. "We are very excited for you all. I hope that the Coordinators among you will grow skilled enough to collect every ribbon and eventually challenge me in a one-on-one contest to become Top Coordinator. Sento, is there anything you would like to say before I introduce our surprise guest?"

"There is," Sento said. "To those of you who are aspiring to become the regional champion, hear my words. You will fight the eight Gym Leaders, each one situated in a different city or town. Defeating them will not be simple. Perseverance is necessary. Cooperation is a must. And teamwork, above all other virtues, will be what guides you to victory."

Bisharp nodded. He respected Sento. His trainer was a natural leader. He may seem melancholy at first, but a fire blazed inside of him. A passion for battle, and to inspire the ones who wished to be Champion. And even though he would protect his trainer's title, he knew that it was natural for the truly dedicated to step up, after they show true strength. The fact that Sento knew that any of these people could strip him of his title as Champion, but was fine with, and even encouraged others to do so...

That was true compassion.

Snivy stood with Calvin, who was standing with his twin sister Camille, and her Emolga. Snivy and Emlga watching attentively on their Trainers' laps.

Kane rolled his eyes. yet another rambling babbling speach that he couldn't understand.

"lets just get going i wanna smash some face!" Kane yelled.

"Kane shush it!" Derek began to get angry.

"Thank you Sento!" Flare heard Jake say. "And now, without further ado, let me introduce to you the most famous Pokemon Trainer the world has ever seen, the pride of Pallet Town, Red!" This irked Flare. Jake should be the most famous! Flare watched as Red's famous Pikachu jumped off his shoulder.

(OOC: Just so you know, I, and Ombrare too if he wants, can temporarily switch POV to Pokemon who would normally be NPCs, as I will now do with Red's Pikachu.)

Pikachu's cheeks pulsed with electricity as he showed off for the crowd, while his Trainer and friend, Red, prepared to make his speech. "Hello! Hello, everybody!" said Red. "Thank you, Jake and Sento, for having me. Let me start off by saying that I would be nowhere without my bond to my Pokemon. Friendship is the secret to success with Pokemon! So those of you who keep your Pokemon in Poke Balls, let them out! Throw the Balls away! Balls are for catching, but not keeping. The only thing they keep is you away from your dreams. Next, introduce yourselves and your Pokemon. Because I, like Jake, want not only to bond with Pokemon, but with you as well! Let's start with you there with the Snivy."

Calvin stood up without hesitation, and Snivy jumped on his shoulder, then made a long jump through the air, twisting and flipping gracefully, landing on one hand in front of Pikachu, then bounced up and landed on his feet, bowing. Calvin joined him onstage, looking proud of Snivy's acrobatic skills.

Bisharp gave a quick glare to the ruffian Cubone who had spoken out earlier, before turning his attention back to Red and his companion. Bisharp understood Red's words, and they were spoken with truth. At least, in his eyes. Sento simply took in what was going on, not saying a single word. He was not wary or jealous. Bisharp knew that wasn't in his character. However, he noticed that Flare was clearly ruffled by Red's arrival. That one definitely did not have an easy time controlling his temper.

Bisharp saw the trainer and his Snivy. He did see potential in these two, and that Snivy was clearly a very proud individual. Hopefully they would not be blinded by hubris that might come with such skills.

"Impressive!" said Red. "What's your name?"

Hey kid, Pikachu said, nice flip.

"what a waste of time. that snivy is just show-mon without a spine. i'll show them when they call for Derek and me" Kane growled

"Kane one more time and back into your pokeball. I don't want to get kicked out like we did at the museum." Derek grunted and sighed hating to remember that trip.

Kane winced as he recalled it.

Kane had been captivated by a giant bone in one of the cases. As you can guess he broke the glass and ran off with it. he obviously got caught and they were baned from the museum.

"I'm Calvin O'Brien." Calvin answered.

Thank you. Snivy said, looking anything but smug, which hs species was known for.

Bisharp had once again picked up some impatient and irked dialogue from the Cubone. Fortunately, his trainer was clearly able to calm him down, and if not, well, that's what Bisharp was here for. They did have potential to become great, but if that Cubone didn't learn to curb its temper, only misfortune would become of it.

"Calvin O'Brien. Good luck to you two. I'll be seeing you. And now could we have the girl who was next to him?"

At this, Camille stood up, and Emolga jumped up, puled a sharp loop in midair, and glided gracefully, landing next to Snivy with a tiwlr and bow. Camille came up, also looking proud of her Pokemon. Snivy high-fived her.

'TWO!' Kane's expression said it all.

he kept silent now, but he was just furious. what had happened to his world. he knew fighting as the ultimate expression of skill and unity, but now 'coordinators' were trainng pokemon to lazy show-offs.

Kane sighed.

"Derek, why the heck do people do that? why discrace pokemon with stupid tricks for treats?" Kane was angry, but more confused.

Red applauded. "You look like Calvin." he commented, "Is he your brother?"

Kayly stood away from all the trainers but Terra liked it that way. She stood so far away Terra could barly hear what was going on, not that she knew what was going on any way. "Terra here we go," Kayly's voice barely above a whisper. Terra knew how hard this must be for her, she was finally going to walk closer to all the other trainers.

"can this get any worse?" Kane's anger turned to plain boredom since he was out of 'come ons!'.

Derek also seemed to be growing wary, but for other reasons. he seemed troubled by something. he looked down at Kane.

"Just wait. We'll show them how bonded we are. Bones to bones, days to days, and us to us." Derek let a out quiet laugh.

Kane had never fully understood this line, but it somehow empowered him. not physically, but in spirit.

"Hi-i-i" Kayly tried to say confidently, but was failing, no one probably even heard her. Terra tried to say something too but couldn't muster a sound.

"huh?" Kane had just jumped onto Derek's back and was trying to tare into his pokefood.

Kane jumped off Derek and wandered over to the girl. he was have a hard time translating, but it sounded like "hungry". Kane offered the girl a piece of his pokechow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom