• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokémon: The Origin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelis

I am the Octopus!
Reaction score
Pokéjungle just posted:
Pokémon Game Show : Saturday *Live Updates*[UPD2] | pokéjungle.net | Pokémon X & Pokémon Y News & Resources

電撃 - 【速報】TVアニメ『ポケットモンスター THE ORIGIN』が、10月2日19:00から放送開始!――『ポケットモンスター赤・緑』 を遊んだ人は必見

BREAKING NEWS: Brand new anime special, Pokémon Origins, featuring characters Red and Blue (Green in Japanese) will air on Wednesday, October 2nd!

It airs as a special on October 2nd.
Trailer: [video=youtube;_Lyi2RSVxqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_Lyi2RSVxqg[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I...don't believe it... After so long there's another anime to run along the other...

I'm curious what the plan will be for this one, will it run only through Kanto and stick closer to the game events? Another that takes deviations? I can't wait to get more on this.

This looks awesome. Especially Blastoise!

I guess this explains the Kanto starters supposedly being available in Kalos, then?

So is this an actual series or just a special?

Green seems to be wearing the jacket he wore as Champion in the original Red/Green games. Although, here the sleeves are shorter,

And for the first time outside of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, they're actually using Red's FRLG facial and hair design. Usually they opt with just the clothes and his Gen I face and hair (or, at the very least, a mix). I think his sleeves look rather weird here, though.

I think they usually refer to specials as "TV Special" rather than "TV anime". We'll find out in due time, I suppose.

Last edited:
Wait, they're doing an anime series with Red? THANK ARCEUS!!!! Seriously though this looks incredible, and I was really starting to get sick of Ash.

Can't say I expected this, color me interested.

The first thing that came to mind was "THIS IS KICK ASS". Hopefully they'll dub it, it seems too interesting not to watch.

This...well honestly it looked fake at first but apparently it isn't? If so this is pretty exciting! I wonder if Green (Blue? Leaf? I'm not really sure at this point honestly) will be in it and if it's going to be a separate series or just a special. If it's a series maybe they'll find some way to do a crossover between this and the main series (doubtful but it's not the most farfetched). If it's a series I hope it's darker (or at least more serious) than the main series and has a continuing storyline. Maybe if it's successful they'll do one with other regions (even though we have Legend of Thunder but they could work around that). And hey maybe we'll finally be able to see Porygon play a part in an episode again!

Here's hoping that no matter what happens the dub of this is top-notch!

(doubtful but it's not the most farfetched)
Unless they're universe-hopping, it is farfetched. The current anime already has its version of Red and Green. Meshing it into the current canon will impose problems to this series more than anything.

Pokemon: The Origins will probably only cover the Gen 1 games. The animation has a very different style than the original Pokemon anime, but it somehow works here.

Here's me not looking forward to the fandom reaction to this. It'll be like with the B2W2 commercial, but worse. Oh lord...

But the animation does actually look nice, and just based on those screenshots it doesn't look like it'll be taking itself too seriously. Which is great, because if we ever got any canon Pokemon grimderp the fandom would never let it go. Ever. Besides, I like fun Pokemon better. :p

(doubtful but it's not the most farfetched)
Unless they're universe-hopping, it is farfetched. The current anime already has its version of Red and Green. Meshing it into the current canon will impose problems to this series more than anything.

Even if we can't have crossovers between this and the main anime, we could at least see a shoutout or two, like the anime did to the Pocket Monsters gag manga that one time.

I am so ridiculously excited for this!!!

Ugh I know I am really reaching with this, but it looks like it has a more...mature look to it than the current anime? I hope that since it's about Red and Green that it's made to appeal to older fans, possibly? I don't mean mature as in there will be swearing or blood or anything, but, more complex plot and such?

Wow, this may really be the show that revives my interest in Pokemon in animated form. This looks great from the little I've seen...and I love how Red and Green are practically at each other's throats! LOL.

This has the potential to be truly great and enjoyable: I will most definitely look into it! :D

To be honest, I would have preferred something along the lines of the B2W2 Trailer animation, but this doesn't look too bad.

Here's me not looking forward to the fandom reaction to this. It'll be like with the B2W2 commercial, but worse. Oh lord...
I concur.

Well this can either end up REALLY GOOD or end up such as best described in a favorite GIF of mine as...
holden-crash-test-o.gif
. I hope it ends up good but with what TPCI has done with BW and DA, im not holding my breath they will meet my expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom