• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokémon: The Origin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP now says it'll be airing every Wednesday after it's first episode. Is that confirmed though?

That's what PokéJungle believes. But here's the site in which lead BulbaNews to believe that it'll be a one shot.

Yes, we were the first site to report on it as we had info fed to us live from a Twitter user who saw the promotional trailer at the PGS. Since then sites like Dengeki posted the trailer and now the official site which confirmed it is a special. Basically our info on it in that report is outdated.
Though we mentioned this later we left the old post in tact, I'll add a note now. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

Even if it is not going to be a series following the whole story of RGB, it still seem to include everyone's favorite events, like Pokemon Tower incident. I hope it is also going to feature Red's exploration of Pokemon Mansion, game's most climatic part, and Misty, just for old days' sake~

By the way, assuming that Red's Charizard is really going to MegaEvolve in Cerulean Cave and that we can consider this show canon, what a good lad Red is, not using MegaCharizard against us at Mt. Silver...!

This is what I think will happen in the special:
  • Red's first monster
  • Red's first Gym Battle
  • Red's first encounter with Team Rocket
  • Red's rivalry with Blue/Green
  • Red's final Gym battle (and final confrontation with Team Rocket Boss, Giovanni)
  • Red's final battle with Blue/Green
  • Red vs. Mewtwo

The special might be an hour or so long.

Wonder if they will have Red to catch any legendary pokemon in these series? Mewtwo for example. That would be epic.

They won't let Ash catch any but I don't see why Red can't get any? That would be one way to make them different from each other.

Red is the lone ranger. H doesn't need any companions to hold him back.

Except being a forever alone isn't a good thing at all. In this regard, anime!Red/Satoshi (and Poké!Spe Red as well) are far superior than their original game version.

Have there been any information about how long this will be? Will there be just one episode or more?

Well, at first it was thought there would be an episode every Wednesday in October, but now it looks like it'll just be one time only(unfortunately)

Though more info may or may not come. Stay tuned

I think a new anime series is all we, old fans of Pokémon anime, have been wishing for (even unconsciously) since nearly 10 years ago, when we realized they had no more intention the anime was more than a childish sponsor for the games. Too bad that they confirmed it's just a special. Maybe they are just testing the audience. Maybe they plan to release only specials like that in special occasions, maybe once or twice a year. Or maybe they are planning something new related to the classic Red & Green games.

Well, I just wished they made a completely new, regular and game-based anime series. It would be good to watch some not-so-predictable stuff about Pokémon on TV. It could even coexist with the old series. However, I do not have many illusions about that. I don't think they will want to split their audience in two Pokémon series, even if it could bring back the older audience or a more mature new audience, especially taking into consideration the fact that there are big chances that the new series would be far more interesting than the old one, even for children. The new series would claim more creative efforts than the old one, it could not be long-term so effective as the old one.

Nevertheless, I still hope they periodically release specials like that, following the story of the games. It would be perfect because it wouldn't "compete" with the old series, they would have much time to work very well in each episode (resulting in a superior quality) and there would be long periods between a game release and its special animation (so there wouldn't be spoilers).

I think a new anime series is all we, old fans of Pokémon anime, have been wishing for (even unconsciously) since nearly 10 years ago, when we realized they had no more intention the anime was more than a childish sponsor for the games.

Yes, speak for everyone, why don't you? :/

Also, I don't really see this spawning a glorious new age of non-Ash-featuring Pokemon animation, given that they've been doing things like this in one form or another since Johto. We've gotten Legend of Thunder and all the other specials that went into Chronicles plus a few more; the AG and DP eras were originally marketed as though May and Dawn respectively were the protagonists with Ash's inclusion only being confirmed later on. If the Pokemon anime producers were that easily convinced that the audience (and I use that term loosely) wants Ash gone, he wouldn't be around any more.

... I also find it interesting that you're describing anime based directly on the games "not predictable".

This will be VERY INTERESTING I Think, But, are we going to Hear all new kinds of Voice Actors are we going to have all the Same ones we have Now and I am asking anyone Out there who agrees with Me on this One so Respond or Like this to Me Please.

This will be VERY INTERESTING I Think, But, are we going to Hear all new kinds of Voice Actors are we going to have all the Same ones we have Now and I am asking anyone Out there who agrees with Me on this One so Respond or Like this to Me Please.

In terms of voice actors, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't don't have rica (or in the dub sarah) voicing red. They would have diff VA's just like the B2W2 trailer has characters with different Voice Actors.

In terms of voice actors, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't don't have rica (or in the dub sarah) voicing red. They would have diff VA's just like the B2W2 trailer has characters with different Voice Actors.

Same, but it would be very nice to see Rica voice another Red. She's very versatile, and I imagine various different roles being played whenever I read a Pokemon manga with a Red in it.

I think it's a shame she really hasn't been utilized to her full potential in the Pokemon anime, like those scenes with "evil" Satoshi from the Battle Frontier saga. Voice filters, really? Rica voiced Dark Bakura! Darn the voice directors.

Same, but it would be very nice to see Rica voice another Red. She's very versatile, and I imagine various different roles being played whenever I read a Pokemon manga with a Red in it.

I think it's a shame she really hasn't been utilized to her full potential in the Pokemon anime, like those scenes with "evil" Satoshi from the Battle Frontier saga. Voice filters, really? Rica voiced Dark Bakura! Darn the voice directors.
Thanks for the Hep there.

I think a new anime series is all we, old fans of Pokémon anime, have been wishing for (even unconsciously) since nearly 10 years ago, when we realized they had no more intention the anime was more than a childish sponsor for the games.

Yes, speak for everyone, why don't you? :/

Also, I don't really see this spawning a glorious new age of non-Ash-featuring Pokemon animation, given that they've been doing things like this in one form or another since Johto. We've gotten Legend of Thunder and all the other specials that went into Chronicles plus a few more; the AG and DP eras were originally marketed as though May and Dawn respectively were the protagonists with Ash's inclusion only being confirmed later on. If the Pokemon anime producers were that easily convinced that the audience (and I use that term loosely) wants Ash gone, he wouldn't be around any more.

... I also find it interesting that you're describing anime based directly on the games "not predictable".

Sorry, but it wouldn't be coherent, lol. The series got other way since many years ago. It's kind of funny to think that someone, after 15 years, would want the very same series without Ash or to think that someone really thinks something would change without Ash. The only thing they would do is featuring other annoying character like him. And the series would keep on being uninteresting.

And, yeah, there are many people who would like a new series. There are many people who don't watch Pokémon anymore looking forward to this new special and hoping this will lead to a brand-new series. They have reasons to want that, since the original anime got very repetitive long time ago, and the new special has a completely new design. So, although there are no reasons to think they will be indeed producing a new Pokémon series, comparing this special with Legend of Thunder or Chronicles is rather illogical.

And, well, if you can read, you should have read "not-so-predictable" instead of "not predictable". Be more attentive, please.

Last edited:
I don't know if we have time for blue. It only twentyfive minutes. I guess it could be an anthology thing in which case they can put blue in one but it seems crammed

I never thought about this. It would also be a surprise if Veronica Taylor did Red's voice if no one else would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom