• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokémon: The Origin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red will be the ash we always wanted.

I hope Rica Matsumoto and Yuko Kobayashi will reprise their roles as anime!Red and anime!Green for this version.

I'm dreading the canon mashers right now, though. The people who aren't aware that there is more than one Pokemon manga universe, will not realize the concept of there being more than one anime universe...

Red will be the ash we always wanted.

He'll be the same character type probably, the "heroic idiot" that's common in Shonen.

Honestly I think the design for him they're using actually looks pretty generic, but the Pokemon look cool.

This probably won't even be that good anyway, knowing how these things turn out.

I'm too darn excited about this to post anything coherent right about now.

I am just glad Red isn't a freaking bishonen in the new anime. He looks like a character from an anime made by Studio Ghibli.

I about had a heart attack when I saw this. In a good way that is, if that's possible.

I really like the animation style, it's more traditional anime looking and not the CGI stuff they're using for the main anime. It'll be really nice revisiting where it all started, which I assume is why they called it "Origins." I'm really hoping that there's a dub. If not, then I will do everything within my power to find the Japanese version. I just have to see this.

I'm dreading the canon mashers right now, though. The people who aren't aware that there is more than one Pokemon manga universe, will not realize the concept of there being more than one anime universe...

Given that the anime is much more well known and visible than any of the manga series, I don't think that'll be the case, at least not the the degree it is with the various manga.

Well, this was unexpected. If it is a series and not a one-off, it'd probably around 12-13 episodes, maybe?

Here's me not looking forward to the fandom reaction to this. It'll be like with the B2W2 commercial, but worse. Oh lord...
Same here.

Given that the anime is much more well known and visible than any of the manga series, I don't think that'll be the case, at least not the the degree it is with the various manga.
I can still see people thinking this takes place in the same universe though, that seems to be a common mentality in the English fandom. There are people that separate Red and Satoshi as entities entirely and thinking Red existing in the current anime is possible.

This is a surprise, but a nice change. Maybe this will be the cartoon aimed at older kids and pre-teens, instead of young kids (and their parents) like the current one. I hope this ends up successful so maybe we can get more concurrent animes.

I'm hoping red isn't as asexual as ash and gets yellow by the end of the series.

GAH!!! :eek:

BY ARCEUS' DEEP, PLENTIFUL BALLS!

Last edited:
This is a surprise, but a nice change. Maybe this will be the cartoon aimed at older kids and pre-teens, instead of young kids (and their parents) like the current one. I hope this ends up successful so maybe we can get more concurrent animes.

Same here. It would be nice to see ALL the game protagonists in anime form. The male protagonists tend to get the shaft in the anime thanks to Ash taking over their roles and as of Unova the female protagonists got the same treatment. If the Pokemon Origins series does well, then they might show little series detailing the adventures of the other regions as well.

I'm all for seeing a new animated take on the franchise. I don't dislike the current anime mind you, but it will be nice to see something else.

I'm hoping red isn't as asexual as ash and gets yellow by the end of the series.

I am hoping they focus the anime on battles and other stuff that is actually important in the games. Romance, Red "getting Yellow" by the end and stuff like that aren't.

We don't even know if Yellow will be in the anime.

Well, Fang-tan, it looks like we won't have to worry about people conflating Origins with the main anime, because they're conflating it with Special instead. :p

Anyway, I just remembered that Fire Red was the one and only Pokemon game I found actively boring. If this is based super-closely on the Kanto games I will probably find it terribly uninteresting as well. Gaaah.
So here's hoping they take enough liberties with the game content to make it actually interesting...

Also regarding this being released alongside XY... well, you know how x and y are the directional axises in mathematics? And how the point where they meet is caaaaaaaalled... the origin point? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom