• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokémon: The Origin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Looks Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said in the other forum, I don't really understand the point of a special like this that should have been made ages ago. Why now of all times?
Because the Generation I story is most likely relevant to XY. Mewtwo alone indicates this.

1783.jpg
I cannot un-see...

I really do hate to barge into your posts but I personally like Ash and Red equally. I grew up reading the manga special as well as watching the anime. Both have some good fans. The only problem I have with any of this is the moment of this taking place and how the Red character is drawn. I mean he looks horrible. However, I think people used to always praise Red over Ash was because when we read about him he was always more impressive and stronger. But that's just how differently their stores were made. I don't think that's any reason why some are more fan boyish for Red than Ash. It's because we've never seen Red in anime until now and we know little of him as far as in any of the series, so people only judge by what was in the manga. I'm happy they finally are doing a special series but I would have liked to have seen this around the BF where it made more sense than now where everything including "Da" seems a bit off.

...twitch. Special Red is not Game Red. Ugh. You realize there are like, seven Reds right? Including the one in the anime (Satoshi) and the one you're talking about (Special)?

With this one, now there's eight.

I'd like to think that this Red is the closest one to game Red due to Game Freak being involved in the writing. But only time will tell.

I cannot un-see...

I really do hate to barge into your posts but I personally like Ash and Red equally. I grew up reading the manga special as well as watching the anime. Both have some good fans. The only problem I have with any of this is the moment of this taking place and how the Red character is drawn. I mean he looks horrible. However, I think people used to always praise Red over Ash was because when we read about him he was always more impressive and stronger. But that's just how differently their stores were made. I don't think that's any reason why some are more fan boyish for Red than Ash. It's because we've never seen Red in anime until now and we know little of him as far as in any of the series, so people only judge by what was in the manga. I'm happy they finally are doing a special series but I would have liked to have seen this around the BF where it made more sense than now where everything including "Da" seems a bit off.

...twitch. Special Red is not Game Red. Ugh. You realize there are like, seven Reds right? Including the one in the anime (Satoshi) and the one you're talking about (Special)?

With this one, now there's eight.

I'm not talking about game Red I am talking about manga Red. I don't know about any other Reds because I only know of two. Like I said, I don't compare the two because their stories are a bit different but as main characters I like them both. That's what I was getting at.

When I first saw a thread that had so many replies in such a short time here in the anime forum, I was wondering what could cause such discussion. And so many people in this thread that would never be in this section otherwise, lol.

Anyway, this looks really interesting. I wonder where it will lead?

I'd like to think that this Red is the closest one to game Red due to Game Freak being involved in the writing. But only time will tell.

Technically the closest to R/G Red is if I was involved writing the show (and any other fan since he was just us).

I concur.

I'm not talking about game Red I am talking about manga Red. I don't know about any other Reds because I only know of two. Like I said, I don't compare the two because their stories are a bit different but as main characters I like them both. That's what I was getting at.
Fair enough.

Technically the closest to R/G Red is if I was involved writing the show (and any other fan since he was just us).
Sorry to say, but Word of God > fans.

Have we forgotten that the other protagonists have spoken during their roles as NPCs? What makes Red so special that he gets to be mute and serve as a sorry self-insert? Why can't he have a canon personality?

That would just be your Red. The character definitely has his own existence separate from the player, even if we know little about his canon personality.

Have we forgotten that the other protagonists have spoken during their roles as NPCs? What makes Red so special that he gets to be mute and serve as a sorry self-insert? Why can't he have a canon personality?

As you said, they have spoken as NPCs, their personalities as NPCs don't necessarily reflect the personalities they would have as protagonists. I personally don't like the idea of silent protagonists having canon personalities, because it goes directly against the main point of having a silent protagonist. That being said, Red practically already have a canon personality, most of his incarnations share a lot of traits, so I think it is safe to assume that he will be more or less like a mix of Satoshi and PokéSpe!Red.

Very good! I think it'll appease the fans who think they should start all over again, so this will make everyone happy.

I'm not talking about game Red I am talking about manga Red. I don't know about any other Reds because I only know of two.

Problem is, there is no "manga Red", or rather there's multiple "manga Reds" in the various continuities.

Little it off topic but is it me or does it make you feel old that we have a special titled "The Origin" about Red and Green?

Little it off topic but is it me or does it make you feel old that we have a special titled "The Origin" about Red and Green?
You're only as old as you want to feel.

True. It still kinda weirdish though that the series is almost 20 years old. And I'm wondering if the special does tie ito XY, is there a chance if there is a dub we might get it soon?

True. It still kinda weirdish though that the series is almost 20 years old. And I'm wondering if the special does tie ito XY, is there a chance if there is a dub we might get it soon?
That's possible. It's much more feasible than dubbing the XY series early.

That's possible. It's much more feasible than dubbing the XY series early.

With the worldwide release and this special basically having nothing to do with the XY anime. However, if that was the case, you would think TCPi would have the same trailer as well.

Such level of fasnboyism is starting to be annoying honestly for me with many of Red fans being under belief how writers finally listened to them giving on table what they asked for years. I liked Red too, but to draw such unfair parallel between him and Ash who is based on him decrying character value seems exaggerated and in least hand unfair. This quite frankly ruins any enjoyment i might have had for it.
It feels like a replay of Kyoto Animation in March when they announced FREE! all of the fangirls and fanboys pulled the "they finally listened to us after we had that petition". the show was already in the works for over a year. its likey that this was though of well before the day of its offical announcement. i just really hope they dont dumb the characters down to beyblade levels. i do agree that the reactions of fans can ruin a show, but i also factor in the design, plot and acting for my final judegement on a show.

I honestly am shocked people who like Red are happy with how he looks here, I think he looks embarrassing.

I think Red looks great. Thank Arceus he doesn't look like this:

red_pokemon_render_by_k1113-d45rh6r.png

Now that would be embarrassing.

If that was Red's design my reaction would be between
meme_mixed_2___mother_of_oh_god_why_by_evilimpala_ss-d58b8a7.png

and

panic-attack-symptoms.png

Sadly, it's not to last. It looks like an OVA/Movie, but if not, then 12 episodes. They've already hinted the Championship battle.

Actually, I don't mind that he looks 10 and has brown eyes. Red eyes on people are weird.

That said, Oak and Brock sure look different. Faithfulness to the source material? I don't remember.
I DO remember scratching Geodude to death before with Charmander, though. I feel like an old man now, but dang. I already know it's retro done right.

Sadly, it's not to last. It looks like an OVA/Movie, but if not, then 12 episodes. They've already hinted the Championship battle.
It's going to air on television, so it's not an OVA. Depending on what it turns out to be, it might be a TV special/TV movie.

Actually, I don't mind that he looks 10 and has brown eyes. Red eyes on people are weird.
If you did, that would be weird. He's supposed to look like that.

That said, Oak and Brock sure look different. Faithfulness to the source material? I don't remember.
It's a different art style for Orchid, and a mix of that and using the HGSS outfit for Takeshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom