• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokémon: The Origin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, Oak and Brock sure look different. Faithfulness to the source material? I don't remember.
I DO remember scratching Geodude to death before with Charmander, though. I feel like an old man now, but dang. I already know it's retro done right.
the characters really look like they were modled off of the Sugamori designs from when the games first came out

That said, Oak and Brock sure look different. Faithfulness to the source material? I don't remember.
I DO remember scratching Geodude to death before with Charmander, though. I feel like an old man now, but dang. I already know it's retro done right.
the characters really look like they were modled off of the Sugamori designs from when the games first came out
No. Takeshi had no shirt in the original games.

No. Takeshi had no shirt in the original games.

I always though that he has a white shirt on because the artwork shows him with one.

I always though that he has a white shirt on because the artwork shows him with one.
He did have a white shirt in one of his Sugimori artworks, but his in-game sprite depicted him with no shirt. Even then, it looks nothing like what he's wearing in Origins.

He did have a white shirt in one of his Sugimori artworks, but his in-game sprite depicted him with no shirt. Even then, it looks nothing like what he's wearing in Origins.
Even Red's outfit is not exactly the same as in FRLG. Anyways I'm wondering what the cry's are going to sound like.

Even Red's outfit is not exactly the same as in FRLG. Anyways I'm wondering what the cry's are going to sound like.
It's still the anime, if only an AU, so... Pokémon Speak as usual?

Now, what Red'll catch in his journey?
Pikachu's still up there, but since it's following RGB and not Yellow, odds of other starters are too small.

*dying of fangasm and emotions*

I AM SO EXCITED DEAR ARCEUS. This looks awesome, I will most definitely be watching it. I do hope Leaf makes an appearance and runs through the tall grass with a lawnmower.

If Blue/Leaf doesn't make an appearance, should that be good confirmation that the official Pokemon people (aside from Kusaka of PokeSupe) just downright hate her?

I'm kind of curious as to why they're making this now. It's not the 15th or 20th anniversary of Red/Green being released in Japan or anything like that (it's not even any anniversary actually). I guess it's kind of close to the tenth anniversary of FireRed/LeafGreen but it's still a few months off. Was there some huge demand for this? Maybe there's some sort of tie-in to the Kanto story in X/Y that hasn't been revealed yet, or maybe they're planning on releasing the first generation games on the 3DS virtual console soon, but who knows? I'm not saying they shouldn't have made it, but it's kind of odd that it's coming out now.
No one seems to remember that the remakes of these first games, aka Firered/Leafgreen happen to turn 10 next year? Maybe that's because.
I'm excited about this, and it was seriously obvious they wouldn't make a series out of this. There's absolute zero reason to promoto RBG generation anymore, so special is just logical.

No one seems to remember that the remakes of these first games, aka Firered/Leafgreen happen to turn 10 next year? Maybe that's because.

If that was the case, they wouldn't have plastered the RG intro screen at the beginning of the trailer or say that it's "For everyone who played Pocket Monsters Red and Green!". Instead, it would have made more sense to use the FRLG intro screen and said "For everyone who played FireRed and LeafGreen!" That and their are quite a quite Gen I aspects meshed up with the Gen III remakes, such as the use of the Gen I Zukan.

My guess to why they're doing this in general:

As I said, I speculate that it's not intended to promote FRLG or the Gen I games (though it would sure inspire fans to check the originals out), it's promoting the XY games. Mewtwo is gonna play a role in Gen VI judging by the XY promotions, and Red or Fuji might very well play a role in those games as well due to their connection with Mewtwo alone. The Pokemon Tower arc is confirmed to be adapted in this program and Mr. Fuji's inclusion is a given, further supporting my assumption. We also have the regular anime, focusing on Satoshi in promotions this time around and being given Red's FRLG hat. It's all too perfect to be a coincidence.

Last edited:
They're also using this opportunity to showcase Mega Evolution. I wonder if we'll get more evolutions other than MegaCharizard?

They're also using this opportunity to showcase Mega Evolution. I wonder if we'll get more evolutions other than MegaCharizard?
It depends on the Cerulean Cave event. If Blue and Leaf are present, then their starters may also mega-evolve. But I don't see any reason for Mewtwo to follow suit, since it it hasn't connected to any trainer yet.

Meh, it looks interesting and a bit exciting, but I'd have honestly preferred to have actual news on the Pokemon Anime instead of about a special about an almost 18-year old story. Maybe if it has new content that actually expands on it thanks to the newer technology, it would be great.

My two-cents.

I got super excited upon first seeing this. I love things based directly-ish on the games. The Special manga is closest to achieving that, in my opinion, though does have its flaws. I'm hoping this is more like that universe.

I love the pokemon designs. Charmander just somehow looks more... Reptilian... Than the actual anime. I don't even know what I mean by that :p and I like how fat charizard looks :)

Definitely hoping Blue/Leaf shows up. I love her character in Special. Only thing that bothers me is how they have to change up her and Green's names because of the games. Like, that's the one part of the games that big me the most. Why couldn't they keep Green as Green? So what if America had blue instead? I'll stop ranting now...

As for that water scene with Red and Charizard, people put out a lot of ideas for that a while back. For some reason, upon first seeing that part, I got the feeling it was more like a dream/nightmare, and Red and Charizard will not ACTUALLY be submerged in water. Or maybe they will. Not like I can know.

Aaaaaaand that's been two-cents with B3.

I highly doubt they'll bother to make another Anime series since ShoPro/OLM has the license to do such a thing. I expected a 1 hour promo video for the 3DSware port of FireRed and LeafGreen; why else would they bothered to make an anime of an 18 year old game.

If Blue/Leaf doesn't make an appearance, should that be good confirmation that the official Pokemon people (aside from Kusaka of PokeSupe) just downright hate her?

Oooor it's just a reflection of how the player character you don't chose in FRLG doesn't show up at all (or in the case of RGBY doesn't exist).

Now, what Red'll catch in his journey?

I have thought about that too. Hope he does not catch Pikachu. And we already know he will get Charmander which means Charizard in the end. Snorlax may be a choice and one of friends suggested Lapras which also seems fitting. Pidgeott for a flyer? And why not a Magikarp. both are Red.

I'm looking forward to this special also and I hope that it will get dubbed. I wonder whether the Pokemon will use their "main" anime voices e.g Shin'ichirō Miki as Charizard or whether they'll use the type of grunts and roars we heard in the BW2 Anime Promo. Only time will tell I guess.

Oooor it's just a reflection of how the player character you don't chose in FRLG doesn't show up at all (or in the case of RGBY doesn't exist).

That's a shallow reason not to include the character in something yet again. Besides, there wasn't much of an excuse not to show her in the regular anime because that breaks away from the games all the time.

If there's anything that needs to be a deviation, it's that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom