• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokémon: The Origin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Origin Sakaki is voiced by Rikiya Koyama. He's had some pretty damn good roles, one of them being Mamoru in Hajime no Ippo.

I still prefer Hirotaka Suzuoki as Sakaki though. Dat Hajime Saitou (Rurouni Kenshin) voice. He nailed Sakaki in all of his appearances up to the point where he unfortunately had to leave us...

in the new promo the quick shot with giovanni.. i couldnt help but laugh at the rocket grunt next to him with the " i dont care" look on his face.. lol

It's great to see so many familiar voice actors that I've heard from a lot of other anime works! Especially Red (voice of Naruto), and Green (recently voiced Cheren from Episode N).

Takeshi (the famous Sugita Tomokazu) is seriously one lucky guy. I'm anticipating to hear Sugita as Brock here :D

Also, Giovanni's voice being Koyama Rikiya... I had to google this person to find out who he is - and he turns out to be Mouri Kogoro from Detective Conan, and I'm a personal fan of that anime :D

Overall, my reaction
tumblr_m6iyo8f5lm1qde3eto1_500.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6iyo8f5lm1qde3eto1_500.gif

It's going to take me a while to get used to the new voices for Orchid-Hakase, Takeshi, and Green (well, you know what I mean). They all sound too old in the clips uploaded to the official site, but of course I'm going to have to wait for the special to actually air before I can make any sort of judgment on the new VAs.

Also, that fucking bullshit fake language is rearing its ugly head in this special as well.

origin_tajirian.png

Ugh.

I think it sounds pretty decent, yeah. Sakaki's VA was pretty decent as well.

I'm not writing off the other VAs, either, and I'll be very surprised if I'm still as off-put by them at the end of the fourth episode as I am right now. But my first impressions of those other three...yikes.

The website update also confirms that Origin is divided into four chapters (the term used is reports). The chapter names are Red, Cubone, Giovanni and Charizard, in that order. It seems that the first chapter will focus on Red's beginning, the second on the Pokémon Tower plot, the third on the encounters with Giovanni (including Viridian Gym), and the fourth on the Champion League (as it is called in one of the trailers) and Cerulean Cave.
Charizard getting its own report? I smell Mega Evolution.

I've always imagined Red as a calm and quiet person but with Naruto's voice I guess that's out the window lol

You all fooled yourselves thinking that Red was that calm and stoic person, that people often drawn in fan arts.

Just look at Ash, Red's original anime counterpart. Ash's personality is exactly how Red's personality would be like, should he have one.

You all fooled yourselves thinking that Red was that calm and stoic person, that people often drawn in fan arts.

Well, the fact that he was training all alone on Mt. Silver for three years would give one that impression.

he could be like ash when he starts his journey and change along the way or something happened

Well, the fact that he was training all alone on Mt. Silver for three years would give one that impression.

He wasn't alone, he was with his six Pokémon, like most trainers. Who would Red take to train with him, besides his Pokémon?

he could be like ash when he starts his journey and change along the way or something happened

But why does he need to change? There is nothing wrong with having a cheerful personality. In fact, it is better than being a calm and stoic emo.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with a cheerful personality but it just doesn't match what we know about him. Even though he was with his pokemon, he still had virtually no human contact for three years. In GSC his own mother said that she hadn't heard from him in forever. When he's encountered in Mt. Silver and in the Pokémon World tournament all he says is "..." I just don't see his character and naruto's voice fitting very well.

The "..." thing is just a reference to how, as the player character, he'd never say anything so that the player could assign him their own personality, just like all the other PCs in the series.

Also, was it ever actually confirmed that he was just standing around on Mt Silver for the entire three years?

An episode/part about Cubone :confused:

...Lavender Town and Pokémon Tower?

Red's voice sounds pretty much like Ash's JP voice to me.

I hope the Pokémon's voices are the same as the main series. Curious how none of the clips have any of the Pokémon speaking.

Red having Naruto's voice =/= Red being hyperactive like Naruto.

Maybe remembering as Takuya from Digimon Frontier would give a different impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom