• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokémon: The Origin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit I always hated the idea of Red choosing Charmander being "cannon" it's just not a pokemon I've seen fit for him because I've always seen it as more intimidating then the other starters and more fitting for Blue. I guess they went with Charmander because his name is Red and Charizard is the most popular.

Well then this must be based on FireRed because in the original version you were screwed for the first two gyms if you picked Charmander. But you're right, it was kind of a given considering how popular Charmander and Charizard are.

We're forgetting one important thing. The trailer showed the Gen1 gameboy with pokemon red version on the screen display in the intro.

Thus, it's pretty certain the Origin is based on Gen 1

Which will make it interesting with how they deal with the type changes - especially the brand new fairy typed Pokemon from Gen I. I'd imagine the run time is short enough that they can just avoid that all - but it'd be an interesting thing to watch, especially with HP bars being shown.

The other thing I'm interested in is if we get battles that show mid-battle item use. A gym leader using a full heal just before you win? The player reviving their defeated Pokemon?

This tweet says that XY information will be revealed via tomorrow's special. I am not sure if this refers to Origin itself or to a trailer that will follow the broadcast. We can safely assume that Mega Charizard will make its animated debut in Origin, but that alone can't be considered new information. My guess is that they will confirm story ties between XY and Generation I.

Hmm... Would that be amazing or a totally crazy of a stunt?

I'm looking forward to this. I have never played any of gen 1 games, so it would be as if I'm watching a great walkthrough of Kanto :D

I'm looking forward to this. I have never played any of gen 1 games, so it would be as if I'm watching a great walkthrough of Kanto :D
That's a shame. The special is definitely not meant to replace the actual games, and chances are that you would enjoy it more if you'd already played one of the games. FRLG are not obsolete if you have a DS Lite.

That's a shame. The special is definitely not meant to replace the actual games, and chances are that you would enjoy it more if you'd already played one of the games. FRLG are not obsolete if you have a DS Lite.

I know,but I first started playing pokemon from the 4th generation and I was never able to find any game from the first 3 generations :(
So the origin is at least something XD

I know,but I first started playing pokemon from the 4th generation and I was never able to find any game from the first 3 generations :(
I don't know if I can say this... Use a GBA Emulator to play any of the Gen3 games, FrLg included. Or a DS Emulator for Gen3 onwards...

Did you try buying them online? I do hope that Origin creates bigger demand for eShop re-releases of the pre-DS games.

Is it just me still hoping that X and Y come with an eshop download of the original games on the virtual console and that's what Origins is promoting?

I just hope that it's not just as simple as being because you can get the Kanto starters in the games, and that there's some wider reason why now is the time for them to do an animated special, instead of back at one of the anniversaries for the games.

I certainly hope we don't get an Origins special ending in a Mega Evolution.

I don't know if I can say this... Use a GBA Emulator to play any of the Gen3 games, FrLg included. Or a DS Emulator for Gen3 onwards...
I would definitely try out the GBA emulater. ( albeit I like having my physical copies for collection). And as I already own most of the games of gen 4 and 5 :)

Did you try buying them online? I do hope that Origin creates bigger demand for eShop re-releases of the pre-DS games.
Ah, no. I do not prefer getting games online, but I think I should change that now. Anything for pokemon XD
Yeah, I would really like to play Emerald in particular. Rayquaza is awesome :3

Is it just me still hoping that X and Y come with an eshop download of the original games on the virtual console and that's what Origins is promoting?

I just hope that it's not just as simple as being because you can get the Kanto starters in the games, and that there's some wider reason why now is the time for them to do an animated special, instead of back at one of the anniversaries for the games.
The wider reason wouldn't be a re-release, because that could happen at any time regardless of XY. The Kanto starters' inclusion in the games may just be a nostalgic way of introducing Mega Evolution, but I hope that Mewtwo's role in the games goes deeper than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom