• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 20 - Route One Rumble!)

No I don't think he's dead. He got arrested or whatever after he ended up shooting Ash after the match.

Yes, that is correct. I'm struggling with Zak's character, as I planned on bringing him back. But I'm thinking now that he might just rot in jail/mental asylum for what he's done. But be forcing it to bring him bac

Well, he does know about the amulet. Team Rocket might find him in prison and get his information (and kill him after that) about the locket Lexi brought with her.

that was sort of what I was expecting from Zak - someone inconvenient who happens to know too much and can leak information to TR. But then I was thinking that he was rather unexpectedly psychotic so there might be some plot-twisting explanation for that somewhere :)

Seabrook doesn't know about the coin itself does he? He saw the coin's effects but doesn't know about the actual coin. Idk I think Zak was just a psychotic bully, and doesn't ncessarily need to be in the story anymore. I mean what would his motivation be even besides that fact that he's crazy.

He would have a grudge against Ash, wouldn't he? Chances are all his fame, prestige, and power were stripped away after he shot Ash. If TR comes around and Zak reveals that the coin has properties of resurrection, think what Boss Rocket will do.

He would have a grudge against Ash, wouldn't he? Chances are all his fame, prestige, and power were stripped away after he shot Ash. If TR comes around and Zak reveals that the coin has properties of resurrection, think what Boss Rocket will do.

Again though, as of now doesn't Zak just assume Ash got lucky or is just himself magical or something?

My thinking behind it is similar to that, yea. When Zak attacked Ash on that night outside of the Pokemon Center, he was heavily intoxicated after his evening of partying. So when he and Ash got into their fight, Zak's ruthlessness was 1/2 due to his drunken state and 1/2 due to his general psycho-ness.

So when Ash was killed and resurrected by the coin, Zak was in no mental state to really comprehend what was going on. The following morning, he probably barely even remembered the previous night at all.

lol well he remembered enough to bring a gun with him :) that makes sense now though - just a random psycho who's drank a bit too much and gotten violent.

lol well he remembered enough to bring a gun with him :) that makes sense now though - just a random psycho who's drank a bit too much and gotten violent.

True enough. Zak probably isn't perfectly created, but my goal with him was to make someone who has become rather 'psycho' due to his relative fame from being a great trainer.

We see it everyday, at least in the U.S. a lot, that pro athletes (whom I equate with elite Pokemon trainers in this story) who let the money and fame make them irrational and crazy at times. They feel like they have this sense of entitlement (as with Zak feeling like Lexi should WANT to have sex with him), and don't know how to handle failure (shooting Ash after losing to him).

Zak reminds me of the jock dudes at my school. Act all tough and better than everyone else just because they are popular because they play football or basketball. They pretty much assume all girls want them.

I could see if a kid like Ash embarrassed him in front of all those people how he would just kinda lose his marbles. After all, to guys like Zak and the jocks at my school, their image and tough rep is everything.

Yeah Seabrook reminds me of that too. But even the jerkiest jerks at my school don't go around shooting people of they get 'dissed'

I think the whole Silas King/Zak Seabrook thing was handled a bit more smoothly in ASL, but I'm okay with the 'crazy, fame' explanation for his actions. I liked ASL where Ash got hurt trying to save Pikachu in battle, but that version didn't have the coin.

Overall this story is awesome I don't care if it's lost some popularity.

I didn't read the last one so I cant really compare but I really like the mysterious coin part of the story too. And I think the whole thing about Zak being crazy because of his fame is well thought out - I mean it reminds me of footballers (sorry I'm English so soccer players for you Americans) with supermodel wives who cheat on them and expect to get away with it - like that sense of entitlement and lack of responsibility.

looking forward to the next chapter!!

Yes, as you guys will find out, the coin is pretty much the major difference from ASL to TPI. And it's a lot bigger part of the story than just some magical thing that can heal Ash. You will see :)

Another great chapter, Leg! I'm definately looking forward to more :p
Posted via Mobile Device

I think after thinking about it, I will continue on with this story while I am still in the planning stages of my next fic. I really want to see this through, as I think the most interesting/best chapters are to come in TPI!

Thanks again for everyone who reads/supports this story!

Sorry for not posting in this for a while but ... it's awesome, keep up the awesome.

Just seein if there were plans to come out with more chapters anytime soon. I know you talked about stopping with TPI, but I hope you continue!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom