• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 20 - Route One Rumble!)

Sorry to bump this thread but I had to reply. This fanfic is fantastic and one of the best Pokemon fics I've read. The story of Arceus and Luceus is quite intereesting too. When are you going to finish it? The last chapter was upload last year. Please do finish..

Sorry to bump this thread but I had to reply. This fanfic is fantastic and one of the best Pokemon fics I've read. The story of Arceus and Luceus is quite intereesting too. When are you going to finish it? The last chapter was upload last year. Please do finish..

Thanks CliveKoopa,

I have discontinued this fic, but thank you for the kind words :)

If you like this fic, much of what I was going to implement as far as the plot will be used in my new fic, "Pocket Monsters." It doesn't feature Ash and the anime gang, but much of the plot I was going to use in TPI is going to be used in Pocket Monsters.

Now that summer has finally arrived, I've finally had the time to read this story... And it certainly defied all expectations.

For starters, I'll be the first to say that I'm a diehard Advanceshipper at heart. I dislike Pearlshipping and absolutely can't stand Pokeshipping. Still, your writing captivated me. You're a fantastic writer, Legacy. Description's definitely your strong suit. From the prologue you had me hooked. Yes, the description could get a little overwhelming at times, but too much description is, without a doubt, much better than too little description.

Chapter 1 was another of my favorites. I'm neither a fan of Misty, nor a supporter of the idea that she doesn't like the Gym Leader lifestyle. But your superb level of description actually got me to feel sorry for her. Likewise, Ash was characterized excellent. He spoke and acted just the way he did in the show, if only a bit more mature (but I'm a fan of that change; it has been 5 years, after all). Lexi certainly has an interesting backstory. I still don't know if I liked the way she betrayed Ash and his friends, though. It felt a little weird to me.

Speaking of Ash's friends, it does feel like a few of them were pushed to the side. May, Max, and Brock seemed more like background characters than anything, especially since they've appeared in every or nearly every chapter, but they hadn't developed or changed at all throughout the course of the story. One thing that put me off was in one of the last chapters you wrote; how Brock was so willing, and even supported, Ash's plan to teleport to the island where M3 was supposedly located. It totally contrasted his normally cautious, protective nature. I really didn't like that part of the story.

On the other hand, I think one of the great moments was with Ben and Tyrouge. My heart actually started to beat a little quicker as the pair fled from the closet and went to approach Mewthree. I honestly thought they would've been disintegrated to dust, especially after the horrifying massacre in the stadium earlier.

Anyway, it's certainly a shame you've stopped this story. I'm not going to ask or encourage you to finish it, but I definitely would've loved to see an ending (and what the hell happened with Tracey, anyway? That part's killing me!). Still, I wish you the best with Pocket Monsters, and I'll definitely check it out. Like I said, you're a fantastic writer, Legs. Keep writing! :)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom