• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon -- Ultra Legends Dub Episode Title Discussion

In terms of what I expect in terms of airdates:
  • New Zealand: Right now, TVNZ has S21 scheduled to be taken down on February 28, exactly a year after they put up SM044 last year on March 1. I wouldn't be surprised if they put up S22 on March 1, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they go back to trailing the US as they've done up until last year.
  • Canada: March 9 or 16 on Teletoon
  • United States/United Kingdom: Both Disney XD and CITV will probably want to marathon a bunch of new episodes daily the week before Easter. This year, Easter falls on April 21, so I would guess April 13 and 16 for them, respectively. CITV still hasn't scheduled the last four episodes of S21, in any case.
  • Australia: 9Go! only airs new episodes daily with the entire season for whatever reason, so they need to schedule and rerun the first 36 episodes of S21 before they can get to the last 12 episodes that weren't ready during their last runthrough. Would expect them to start S22 in late spring/summer. On the other hand, Disney Channel appears entirely content with airing S20 reruns at the moment.
  • South Africa: Calmly chugging along with one episode each Tuesday, e.tv will probably finish S21 in mid-May and premiere M21 and S22 in June.
  • Singapore: okto is currently only seven episodes into S21. They probably won't get to S22 until November.
I'm also interested to see how they handle the Eevee segments, since they did take 1:30 each out of the episodes' runtime. The easiest options I see for them:
  1. Don't bother dubbing them
  2. Move them before the credits and treat it as part of the episode
  3. Cut them and post them separately on Pokémon TV/YouTube
I think 3 is probably the most likely given the Mega Evolution Pokédex shorts and Hoopa's Surprise Ring Adventures, although I'd prefer 2 so as to avoid then falling into the "specials that got dubbed into English but then we forgot to dub them into any other language" pit.

So, we're playing "guessing dub titles" again?

SM093 - The Poké Flute
SM094 - House of Haunters' Chill!
SM095 - Graveler Pit!
SM096 - Stufful House!
SM097 - You Can't Teach an Old Owl to be Dartrix!
SM098 - Ash and Rotom's Big Break Up!
SM099 - Let's Go Eevee, Let's Go Popplio!
SM100 - Lighting Bolts of Zeraora!
SM101 - Twin Gigavolts of Friendship!
SM102 - Alola, Alola!
SM103 - Olivia and Brock, Love Hard as Rock!
SM104 - Project Poni Island!
SM105 - Lycanroc in a Hard Place!
SM106 - Training from the Valley to the Sea!
SM107 - Run Kiawe Run!

well, the title "Ultra Legens" is actually very nice. I'll accept that

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom