• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pokémon the Series: XY" English Theme?

I really hate this. I have always thought that the theme song should have a lot of energy to it. This is primarily an action show about monsters fighting other monsters. With a show like that the song should be getting the kids ready to see cool fights and that requires energy.Energy that this signer seems unable to do. Second I have nothing against the original theme song, but they very obviously are trying to caught an audience that no longer watches Pokemon. It's marketing on nostalgia and that just seems uncreative.

I don't actually like the first season dub intro, but I think just because of the instrumentation it's already better than the BW openings. I mean, it's not that I wanted this to happen, but is definetly better than the repetitivness of the three BW intros which are pretty much the same.

Considering that 'Catchatronic' video made me just expect they'd go down a path like that with the new opening, this is a nice surprise. One of my favourite dub openings was Born to be a Winner - which used the same opening lines but wasn't a 'remix', but otherwise was a different musical take on the same song, so I'm interested to hear more.

Doesn't seem to fit very well with the opener though - but maybe the ad version of it is using a different cut.

I don't like it that much unfortunately (even if it's a remix of the first one). But then again, TPCI openings tend not to move me that much.

The remix sounds pretty cool, I wouldn't mind if they used a remix of the first theme song in the XY series to start with. It does concern me as to how much of it would be in the intro, since they've been short these days. Maybe they'd speed it up enough to fit the full first theme into it, that'd be nice.

The part they started with was 13 seconds, so they could just cut out the middle and resume with "Pokemon, a heart so true, our courage will pull us through" to make it their standard 30 seconds.

Looks like the dub will have the better opening this time around.. isn't that interesting.

Though it's probably unlikely, i'm hoping TPCi will do more remixes of 4kids openings, just image their take on Believe in Me or Unbeatable.

That was shit. Recycling the first again for the second time. (one of the Johto ones was the same lyrics as the first one, so now we have that three times). That is arguably the worst opening they've ever done. I wanted a new song.

That was shit. Recycling the first again for the second time. (one of the Johto ones was the same lyrics as the first one, so now we have that three times). That is arguably the worst opening they've ever done. I wanted a new song.
No only the first few lyrics in Johto League Champions were the same.

No only the first few lyrics in Johto League Champions were the same.

I know but they still recycled for half of it.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom