• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon The Series: XY Intro

Did this happen with all the Pokemon intros?
The majority did, but not all of them. Most of the themes that have a full version are ones that were used as part of the title sequence of the Pokemon Movies. Some of the movies don't have an opening theme like that, so some of the songs missed out on having a longer version done - though some of those ones got a longer version used in a normal episode instead of a movie.

The odds are good that we will hear the full version of the remixed Pokemon Theme around November with the dub of the next movie.

It is AWESOME!

I hope they make remixes of other old Openings or just somehow TPCi can make their own awesome opening! Yeah it's short, but that is just the stupid commercial limit thing to get more commercials in. They will probably show the full in the upcoming movie.

It is AWESOME!

I hope they make remixes of other old Openings or just somehow TPCi can make their own awesome opening! Yeah it's short, but that is just the stupid commercial limit thing to get more commercials in. They will probably show the full in the upcoming movie.

I heard that they put more commercials in because they weren't getting the same amount of money as they usually did.

It is AWESOME!

I heard that they put more commercials in because they weren't getting the same amount of money as they usually did.

Stupid money! ;(

I rather like it. I was never a huge fan of the original in any case (And the genwunners over the years have done nothing to sweeten my opinion of it), but I like this remix. A shorter intro means less clips of Ash running and pulling his determined face, which I consider to be a bonus

I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Teach Pokémon to understand
The power that's inside
This is the missing part, right guys?

Also this

Pokemon Gotta Catch Em All
Our Hearts So True,
Our Courage Will Pull Us Through,
You Teach Me and I Teach You,
POKEMON!

Last edited:
Well, every one have its own views but I was expecting more from PUSA.
This is second variation of Pokemon Theme Song.

The openings for the first seasons of Johto and Hoenn, as well as the Battle Frontier, were all great, substantial, long and sounded really nice. Not this short shit the dub spams on the drop of a dime. :sweat:
Huh? The Battle Frontier opening was the shortest opening at the time and is still one of the shortest now. It's just under 30 seconds long.

The openings for the first seasons of Johto and Hoenn, as well as the Battle Frontier, were all great, substantial, long and sounded really nice. Not this short shit the dub spams on the drop of a dime. :sweat:
Huh? The Battle Frontier opening was the shortest opening at the time and is still one of the shortest now. It's just under 30 seconds long.

My apologies. Just refer to the "great, substantial...and sounded really nice" part.

I really like the opening, though that's probably because I've always liked the original opening. I don't mind that it isn't as long, at least it's better than the past few openings. The only thing I wish was different would be how the clips are shown at the end. I wish they would have ended in with the shot of the entire group like the Japanese version instead of showing those images of the Pokémon in the fields and swimming and stuff. Tthe way they have it is really weird imo.

By the way, the song appears to be performed by a group called The Sad Truth and was arranged by Ed Goldfarb.

To most people who don't like the song, it's... "the sad truth"... (hehe).

I personally like the song, but I guess I have low standards on music. I mean, it could also have been worse, so I'm glad it wasn't straight up terrible. I'd rather hear old lyrics than another attempt at an inspirational best friend adventure together forever theme song.

It is cringe worthy. Just like everything else they have done since their takeover. Actually the Pokemon dub has never been good, even when 4KIDS had it. The racism was too obvious. "Lets erase anything that looks Japanese, even the tiniest hints of Japanese text despite the fact that kids won't care either way. Still...lets spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars editing the heck out of this series." I can't even be serious about 4KIDS anymore..They are just one big joke. One man in particular made the company into what it is..I'm sure you all know who. It's so much fun bashing on him. Dogasu has a pretty entertaining section on his page about him. Yep..It's Al Kahn. That man just isn't right...

I absolutely love this version! It makes the series a lot more exciting which I completely approve since I was expecting a cheesy song.

Only thing that bugs me is the fact that the whole concept of " Gotta Catch 'em all" was abandoned back in gen 3....So the original theme feels out of place nowadays.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom