• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Pokemon the Series: XY Season 3 Dub Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
On twitter, singer Chrissy Costanza, lead singer of the rock band Against the Current leaked on twitter that her band's song "Outsiders" will be used as the theme song for next season of the Pokemon dub.

Here is a post from Tumblr that includes a picture of her tweet about her band's song being the opening of the next season of the Pokemon dub that was later deleted.

View: http://h00pa-unb0und.tumblr.com/post/136905143854/singer-chrissy-costanza-from-the-band-against-the

And here is their song "Outsiders" if you want to hear what the next dub opening will sound like.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58y6axpS-E

Not sure how I feel about this one as I'm still having a hard time trying to understand how this fits with Pokémon. Despite this being very premature, I'd thought that Ed Goldfarb and Ben Dixon would be a staple after their work on the 17th and 18th openings, but it is good to see TPCi open the doors to new talent as they have done in recent years with the likes of Kathryn Raio and Erin Bowman.

I actually like the song, but unless this is a theme song about Alain or Team Rocket, I really don't understand how it will work - Ash & friends are like, the opposite of outsiders.

I created an account just to make it clear this is 100% fake. Chrissy Costanza never made these tweets or agreed to record the next song for the series. For starters, she would have to edit her song to be more like an actual theme song, like putting in words such as "Pokémon". Second, Ed Goldfarb and John Loeffler did not write this song for it's initial release, which should have been a huge flag that this was fake since they're involved in the majority of TPCi dubbed songs. Finally, how come h00pa-b0und is the only one to have actually seen this? You would think a few more people could confirm these Tweets to be true. Plus, isn't is fishy Chrissy made a tweet regarding to her mistake and how she had to delete the tweet revealing her involvement in the theme song? That tweet in question isn't on her account either. And somehow, h00pa-unb0und was able to locate this tweet in the 15 minutes it was made, with no special Pokémon has tags as well as screenshot it. I find this too hard to believe, especially since no one else covered this accidental leak either. Just a random Tumblr user with zero credibility.

This is completely fake and quite easy to fabricate. So far, there are too many things suggesting this is fake since Pokémon has NEVER used a pre-existing song in the world as an English dub theme. Until proven otherwise, this should be deleted.

Last edited:
I created an account just to make it clear this is 100% fake. Chrissy Costanza never made these tweets or agreed to record the next song for the series. For starters, she would have to edit her song to be more like an actual theme song, like putting in words like "Pokémon". Second, Ed Goldfarb and John Loeffler did not write this song for it's initial release, which should have been a huge flag that this was fake since they're involved in the majority of TPCi dubbed songs. Finally, how come h00pa-b0und is the only one to have actually seen this? You would think a few more people could confirm these Tweets to be true. Plus, isn't is fishy Chrissy made a tweet regarding to her mistake and how she had to delete the tweet revealing her involvement in the theme song? That tweet in question isn't on her account either.

This is completely fake and quite easy to fabricate. So far, there are too many things suggesting this is fake since Pokémon has NEVER used a pre-existing song in the world as an English dub theme. Until proven otherwise, this should be deleted.

Do you know how easy it is to just add Chrissy saying the word Pokemon at the end, because it would be very easy to do. Just because TPCI have never done something like this before, it doesn't mean it's impossible for it to actually happen. Not every "rule" or staple is kept. I have found three posts talking about this, just by searching the work "Pokeani" and the latest post regarding this has a soundcloud clip of the song, with the word "Pokemon" being said at the end. Now that could be fake, but it's also possible that it's real. I mean the dub should be airing in February and it's not impossible for the proper version to be leaked earlier than it is meant to.

Chrissy's tweet mentioning her mistake in leaking the information could also have been deleted by her, because that tweet would be alluding to her previous tweet, which people could have taken a screenshot of. There is still a chance that this is real, because despite all of the reasons that this could be fake, there are also reasons suggesting otherwise.

Do you know how easy it is to just add Chrissy saying the word Pokemon at the end, because it would be very easy to do. Just because TPCI have never done something like this before, it doesn't mean it's impossible for it to actually happen. Not every "rule" or staple is kept. I have found three posts talking about this, just by searching the work "Pokeani" and the latest post regarding this has a soundcloud clip of the song, with the word "Pokemon" being said at the end. Now that could be fake, but it's also possible that it's real. I mean the dub should be airing in February and it's not impossible for the proper version to be leaked earlier than it is meant to.

Chrissy's tweet mentioning her mistake in leaking the information could also have been deleted by her, because that tweet would be alluding to her previous tweet, which people could have taken a screenshot of. There is still a chance that this is real, because despite all of the reasons that this could be fake, there are also reasons suggesting otherwise.
Do you also expect me to believe that a Pokémon Tumblr user somehow noticed the tweet from a singer who has absolutely nothing to do with Pokémon and saved it in the whole 15 minutes it was online before it got removed? This person has zero credibility and not one other person noticed this tweet aside from them. It's obvious the only way this user could have found this tweet is from another source but no one else has even talked about this. So if you could provide these other three sources, that would be great.

Pokémon has never used a pre-existing song as an English theme before and I don't see them starting now. They already rather save money making their own BGM instead of purchasing the original BGM, so I have trouble seeing them secure the rights to use a pre-existing song like this instead of producing their own like they've done every single time before.

Why would Chrissy make a tweet saying "Whoops, didn't mean to tweet that! Time to delete it!"? It makes no sense. If it was real, she would just delete it and not make another Tweet about it. This suggests that h00pa-unb0und doctored not only the first tweet but the second one as well to "prove" the announcement wasn't supposed to be made. In actuality, even when announcements are made early, a tweet like that defeats the purpose of hiding the leak.

Finally, the song just doesn't sound like something Pokémon would use. It would have to be shortened to thirty seconds as well. And as mentioned before, it would need to add words like "Pokémon" to it. I'm not sure the legal issues they might face having to do such edits, but I'm sure they'd need to go through some procedures to do it. Again, more money being thrown towards something that is more trouble than it's worth.

I'm sorry, but this should still be deleted. I could just as easily doctor a few tweets from Rick Astley to say he's the new voice for Ash and be just as credible. This user is not credible at all, and I'm pretty sure any other source you provide will be just as useful. This is pure rumor and a bad one at that.

Last edited:
Most obvious thing would be that the screenshots don't show her account's verified tick, and a tweet on January 8th 2016 wouldn't have "Favorites".

Fake.

I listened that version you mean on soundcloud, and yes it's obviously a fake. Somebody cut the song and added the word "Pokémon" at the and from another Pokémon Opening, very bad editing.
-
Anyway, i hope this song will be the real Opening for the upcoming season... i like the arrangement.

I listened that version you mean on soundcloud, and yes it's obviously a fake. Somebody cut the song and added the word "Pokémon" at the and from another Pokémon Opening, very bad editing.
-
Anyway, i hope this song will be the real Opening for the upcoming season... i like the arrangement.

Soundcloud link please?

Yeah, this sounds extremely fake. I'm going to close this thread since I sincerely doubt that they'd get this song or the band to perform the new opening. If by the slim chance that there is any information to confirm this, then you can contact one of the moderators to see if a new thread can be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom