• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon: The Sinnoh Journeys! (Hand Drawn Comic)

anonymous920314

何だよ?!
Reaction score
So do you all remember this? It was a "revision" of the comic that I had in my mind for a while . . well, over this past Summer, I actually started working on the comic and yes, revised it again. So without further ado:

title.png

db3f84c85059.gif

Current Page:
Chapter 1: 005

Pages
Characters
Adventure Map
Prologue: 001
Prologue: 002
Chapter 1
Filler: 5/29
Chapter 1: 003
Filler: Thank You
Chapter 1: 004
Chapter 1: 005

Summary
Lucas has had quite the past what with his mother being sick and living so close to his cousin Volkner, leader of the Sunyshore City gym. However, now that his mother has passed on and left him with her Cranidos, Lucas is about to set off on an adventure of his own! He promised his mother that he would conquer the Sinnoh League and expects to live out that promise!

Meanwhile, Matthew is headed to Jubilife City in order to get Pokétches for his parents. He's never been that exposed to pokémon as his parents think they do not advance a persons "real" education in any way. He comes from Canalave City.

Emi, on the other hand, has had much experience with pokémon as she has competed in the Indigo Plateau Conference and earned all the badges in the Hoenn region. She is now in Sinnoh doing brief field research for Professor Rowan, accompanied by his twin grandchildren.

General Information
Estimated Length: Unknown
Chapter Numbers: Unknown
Setting: The Sinnoh Region and occasionally the Johto Region.
Time Period: N/A
Rating: PG-13
Universes: References to game and anime.

Critique is welcome.

Last edited:
I remember looking at some of your fan art back when I first joined and I've gotta say you have improved a lot since then. The comic looks great so far, I like the "non traditional" way it is drawn, though I can't really say much about the story so far since it is young. I'm curious as to how you draw... do you scan it from actual paper drawings or is it all done on the computer?

Thanks! Before I made this thread, I found my old thread about the original Sinnoh journeys and I reread your comments . . You are the reason why one of the main characters is named Matthew (he went from having black straight long hair to blonde kinda poofy hair hahahha)!

Well . . for the first three pages (character, map and prologue 1) they were all pencil sketched, scanned in and then inked and colored on the computer. But I got tired of that as I wanted to put out pages quickly and I was rather bad at doing lineart on the computer, so I went to the store and bought Techliner pens and I've just used those from prologue 2 onwards. On occasion I'll use a different medium (the fillers are usually done on the computer), but the actual comic itself is always going to be traditionally inked.

That was too long of a response :p

Back
Top Bottom