• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon The What if Strike Back!

HiroHunter

Limits can be broken!
Reaction score
Because I think the old What if Thread died I think its time to revive it and here's the starting point.
What if Ash started with a Zorua that had a crush on him and hated see him hurt?
What if Ash and Greninja bond was formed from love?
What if the bond Ash has with his pokemon was base from love and they became stronger from it?

1- That'd be pretty adorable, though to make her a little different from Bayleef i'd make so that she likes scaring people away, like other girls or the TRio, by turning into various large Pokemon.

---
What if Pikachu had decided to evolve after losing to Lt.Surge?
What if Charizard never disobeyed?
What if Leaf and Crystal were around back then to replace Misty during the Kanto and Johto sagas?

1- That'd be pretty adorable, though to make her a little different from Bayleef i'd make so that she likes scaring people away, like other girls or the TRio, by turning into various large Pokemon.

---
What if Leaf and Crystal were around back then to replace Misty during the Kanto and Johto sagas?
1. Pikachu would be a lot more attack focus than speed focus.
2. Then it would make me like Ash's Charizard
3. You mean not having to deal with Misty at all? Sign me up!

What @HiroHunter said. I also like to add maybe Ash-Raichu would be possible since Pikachu would be fully evolved like Greninja.
Ash would have defeated Ritchie, advanced further and made it the Top 8, (or higher) but still lose in a close match like in the Johto League.
Ash would have got hit a lot less. Sorry couldn't resist.

Here are mine.
What if Delia was a Pokemon League Champion back when she was a kid?
What if Ash's Bayleef saw Paul picking on Ash?
What if Ursula met Harley and insulted his Cacturne?
EDIT: I thought my third question wasn't very creative, so I changed it.

Last edited:
I would be really upset if Misty wasn't around. Her personality was very unique in the OS. There wasn't another character that acted like Misty and I think that complimented the whole gang as Brock was the calm one.
Ash would have defeated Ritchie, advanced further and made it the Top 8, (or higher) but still lose in a close match like in the Johto League.
I think it was good that Charizard disobeyed. It was a learning curve for Ash's training skills and also it gives a message to the viewers that no matter how hard you try you can do better and that there is always room for improvement. Yes I did get upset that Ash lost but I was also happy that the writers chose to take that path.
That would be soooooooooo convenient haha
*body slam*
What if Ursula met Harley and insulted his Cacturne?
Cat fight?

Then she would teach Ash everything she knows about being a trainer and Ash would start off a lot better.
Then Bayleef would beat Paul senseless for doing anything bad to her lover Ash.

A kind reminder that Raichu's actual speed is higher than that of Pikachu... the anime just randomly came up with the notion that Raichu was slower just because Pikachu had to win.
Oh right I forgot that, but still Pikachu would still be stronger if he evolved.

Well here's some more.
What if Ash and Pikachu found a light ball?
What if Misty didn't travel with Ash?
What if Ash traveled with Serena from the start?

What if Ash and Pikachu found a light ball?
Have mercy for all that dares challenge the already powerful Pikachu! All his opponents would be extra crispy.
What if Misty didn't travel with Ash?
I can't think of much that would change, but he and Brock would have still likely traveled together. They both would still meet Misty (she wouldn't travel with them of course) and he sweep the Cerulean gym.
What if Ash traveled with Serena from the start?
Serena would still have Fennekin as her, but catch Kanto Pokemon. Hypothetically if Showcases or Contest existed back then to, I'd prefer she become a Coordinator.

Here some new ones.
What if Gary was a gym leader in Giovanni's place like Blue in the game?
What if May choose Mudkip as her starter?
What if Dawn's Piplup had Ash's Sceptile's personality?

What if Dawn's Piplup had Ash's Sceptile's personality?
It would evolve into Empoleon and it would have a more aggressive contest style.
What if May choose Mudkip as her starter?
I think it would be the same personality tbh (to compliment May) but its contest moves will just look different.
What if Gary was a gym leader in Giovanni's place like Blue in the game?
He's already strong in the anime so I think it would be a perfect fit.

May with a mudkip doesn’t make much sense... she didn’t choose treecko because it seemed 'creepy and scary'. I'd imagine Mudkip and it’s evolutions fit the bill if the treecko line does for May...

Tbh Brock's Mudkip had a kind personality and had a lot of patience, I think that would work for May.

I think Mudkip could have worked too, the only reason she didn't pick it is because it blasted her in the face with water when she tried to rescue Birch.
If Piplup has Sceptile's personality I may have actually liked the thing.

Another three from me:

What if Latias traveled with Ash through Hoenn?
What if Max could catch Jirachi whenever he becomes a trainer?
What if May was able to take Manaphy with her through her contests?

The movies and the regular anime don't seem to connect much so I'm not sure.

1. Cute shipping moments and a chance for her to follow Ash into other regions.
2. Max would body people until the league.
3. Cute moments with Manaphy calling May and Ash mom and dad.

Personally I’d have hated Ash-Pikachu since it’d be an attempt to show that Pikachu is superior to Raichu (again...).
I'm just tired of the anime s**ting on my favourite Pokemon...

If Latias actually followed Ash on his journey, it could have arrived to help him with Tobias and his Latios and made the battle slightly more fair.

What if instead of Ash-Greninja there was Ash-Pikachu?
Oh no...Another way to show that a little electric mouse is the best in the world and it happens to belong to Ash. I hate this Pikachu supremacy in the anime and tbh I hated it with Greninja. I wish it never existed and Ash actually chose interesting Pokemon that aren't used much so we can see their anime personalities. The problem is that its a marketing tool so the anime writers have to use popular Pokemon like Noivern and Greninja.

Oh no...Another way to show that a little electric mouse is the best in the world and it happens to belong to Ash. I hate this Pikachu supremacy in the anime and tbh I hated it with Greninja. I wish it never existed and Ash actually chose interesting Pokemon that aren't used much so we can see their anime personalities. The problem is that its a marketing tool so the anime writers have to use popular Pokemon like Noivern and Greninja.
Even in Noivern’s case it fell flat on it’s eyelid...

very hard.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom