• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon The What if Strike Back!

What if Ash worked with Jessie, James, and Meowth at the start?
The TRio would win way more often with Ash by their side.
What if Ash became a Frontier Brain and trained with Anabel?
I think Ash would learn and then in time master the empathetic abilities that she has too. He'd be stronger than ever.

Here's more.
What if Ash specialized in electric types only?

What if Ash caught Bewear before it ever met the TRio?

Here's more.
What if Ash specialized in electric types only?

What if Ash caught Bewear before it ever met the TRio?
1. Then Ash would try to become a Electric Type master + Pokemon master.
2. Then he would have a op papa bear.

What if Pokémon Shock never happened, and Denno Senshi Porygon was just another episode?
1. Then Porygon would make a comeback in the anime.

Here's two more.
What if Ash got a Marshadow as a starter?
What if Charizard never became friends with Ash during OI?

What if Ash got a Marshadow as a starter?
He would crush almost every opponent. I would have loved to see Ash take it to Erika's gym.
What if Charizard never became friends with Ash during OI?
Looking back at it's debut episode as a Charmander, another compassionate trainer would have saved it and raised it. Maybe Ash would have ended up with another fire pokemon. I don't know, maybe an Arcanine.

What if Giselle joined Ash, Brock and Misty at the end of Episode 9?

What if Dawn was stuck on a deserted island with just Conway?

He would crush almost every opponent. I would have loved to see Ash take it to Erika's gym.

Looking back at it's debut episode as a Charmander, another compassionate trainer would have saved it and raised it. Maybe Ash would have ended up with another fire pokemon. I don't know, maybe an Arcanine.

Giselle joining the Trio would have made for an interesting dynamic with her learning more compassion and humility where teaching Ash the basics of a trainer that clearly Pallet Town failed (or intentionally did not) teach Ash; curbing Brock's flirtations and giving Misty a female friend to confine in for the group.
Dawn probably would have ended up getting arrested for Conway's sudden death lol.

1. What if Brock and Misty had taken up Ash's desire for rematches and earning their badges rightfully?
2. What if Ash stood up to Dawn and Iris's mocking and hurtful comments during Black&White?
3. What if Ash died during the final battle against Lysandre and Complete Zygard?
4. What if Paul got arrested for abusing his Pokemon?
5. What if Brock got called out on his two-faced hypocrisy during Diamond&Pearl series?

1. What if Brock and Misty had taken up Ash's desire for rematches and earning their badges rightfully?
2. What if Ash stood up to Dawn and Iris's mocking and hurtful comments during Black&White?
3. What if Ash died during the final battle against Lysandre and Complete Zygard?
4. What if Paul got arrested for abusing his Pokemon?
5. What if Brock got called out on his two-faced hypocrisy during Diamond&Pearl series?
1. I think Ash would have a tough time winning and I think he would lose and then there would be a whole plot about more training.
2. He wouldn't have them as travelling companions after long :p It would just blow up into a big argument.
3. The anime writers would have stopped the anime lol (Ash is a big marketing tool)
4. Ash would be weaker as he wouldn't be constantly training his Pokemon to beat Paul. Paul wouldn't have a long jail sentence as most of his Pokemon appreciate his training except Chimchar. And his Pokemon want to be amazingly strong.
5. (Could you expand on the hypocrisy?)

1. Giselle could teach thing Ash should as a trainer something no one else did.
2. Dawn would kill Conway.

Here's two.
What if Ash told off Iris?
What if Ash stood up for him self for all the shit he took in Kanto?

@EscLucy Maybe hypocrisy was the wrong word but I couldn't help noticing in Diamond and Pearl that Brock seemed to be... off as a character, like sure he's the big bro of the group and all but at the same time he seemed very less invested in the friendship with Dawn and Ash coming off as a bit idk egocentric? Sure he was bland but some stuff that was said and done came off rather rude and condescending. Maybe that's just me I might go and give D&P another watch to make sure, even so his character and character interactions with others felt off to me.

1. Giselle could teach thing Ash should as a trainer something no one else did.
2. Dawn would kill Conway.

Here's two.
1. I think it might have taken Iris by surprise and even cause a fraction in their "friendship" they'd either repair it or go their separate ways.
2. Depends. I think Misty and Brock could have used a wake-up call on their own as well as Oak, but might also not end well either.

1. What if Ash made it all the way to Cynthia in a six versus six fight with their strongest Pokemon?
2. What if Ash's team in Unova was fully evolved and travelled with Cheren, Bianca, Hilda and Touya?
3. What if Ash actually won the Kalos League?

It would be one of the best episodes ever.
Oh, I wish. Looking back at old episodes, almost everyone in Kanto looked like a bunch of jerks. I would have loved it if everyone one were more patient with Ash and taught him in a less assertive way. Maybe he would have won the Indigo League.

What if Ash was knighted at the end of his Kalos Journey?

What if Giselle was the lead girl in every series even to this day? (I had this character on the mind a lot recently)

What if Ash went on a mission with Anabel to catch UBs?

1. What if Ash made it all the way to Cynthia in a six versus six fight with their strongest Pokemon?
2. What if Ash's team in Unova was fully evolved and travelled with Cheren, Bianca, Hilda and Touya?
3. What if Ash actually won the Kalos League?
1. Ash would had lost but it would had been a great fight.
2. Anything would be better than what we got in BW.
3. Alain would learn that winning isn't everything, and Ash would get closer to his dream.

What if Ash was knighted at the end of his Kalos Journey?

What if Giselle was the lead girl in every series even to this day? (I had this character on the mind a lot recently)

What if Ash went on a mission with Anabel to catch UBs?
1. Then Ash would gain something for helping saving the would instead of a thank you.
2. Ash and Giselle would be better off.
3. It would had been better arc than anything we got in SM at this point.

To add on to Giselle.
What if Giselle helped Ash out and told off the people in Kanto?

What if Giselle helped Ash out and told off the people in Kanto?
I think that would've required a lot more character development before she do something like that, but if she kicked Erika's butt in that one episode I can't stand for being a jerk to Ash, she be off to a good start in my book. (y)

What if Ash became a ninja protagonist?

What if Sabrina returned in a later episode and returned Haunter for a real rematch?

What if Ash owned his own Battle Pyramid to ride in with his friends?

I think that would've required a lot more character development before she do something like that, but if she kicked Erika's butt in that one episode I can't stand for being a jerk to Ash, she be off to a good start in my book. (y)

What if Ash became a ninja protagonist?

What if Sabrina returned in a later episode and returned Haunter for a real rematch?

What if Ash owned his own Battle Pyramid to ride in with his friends?
1. Ash would likely end up smarter and more cunning.
2. When would this happen?
3. That would be coolest thing ever and would skip a good bit of filler.

What if somehow Ash ended up being the mate of all of his female pokemon?
What if Bonnie and Clemont swaped ages?

2. When would this happen?
I don't know. Just a thought of mine. I wish Ash kept that Haunter and that he earned the badge in a less anti-climatic way.
What if somehow Ash ended up being the mate of all of his female pokemon?
Plot twist, Ash was a Ditto this whole time. Wouldn't that be a shock?
What if Bonnie and Clemont swaped ages?
A chance for Clemont to give Bonnie a taste of her own medicine and find her a guy to take care of her. Count me in!

What if the next region was based off Australia?

What if Brock learned Transform?

What if there was a Pokemon War movie where Ash, Alain, Jimmy, and a whole bunch of other trainers teamed up to battle an evil that threatens to destroy all pokemon?

What if Brock learned Transform?

What if there was a Pokemon War movie where Ash, Alain, Jimmy, and a whole bunch of other trainers teamed up to battle an evil that threatens to destroy all pokemon?
2. Brock would be in jail for the things he would use that move for.
3. That would be the most edgy thing ever. But if it was a parody of that plot then it would be fine.

What if Ash and Haunter failed to help restore Sabrina's humanity?
What if Kukui officially adopted Ash, Lillie and Gladion?
What if the writers allowed Ash to maintain his aura and actually use it?

What if Kukui officially adopted Ash, Lillie and Gladion?
What if the writers allowed Ash to maintain his aura and actually use it?
2. Lillie and Gladion would have better lives and Ash will get a father figure.
3. Ash's bond with his pokemon may become stronger then ever.

What if Ash left Misty and Brock thinking they're holding him back?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom