• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon The What if Strike Back!

What if Ash didn't have Infernape for his League battle with Paul?
What if Team Rocket actually trained their Pokemon?
What if May beat Dawn during the Wallace Cup?
What if May caught that Raltsfor Max?

What if Ash didn't have Infernape for his League battle with Paul?
That depends on what happened to Infernape.
What if Team Rocket actually trained their Pokemon?
They already train them, I think.
What if May beat Dawn during the Wallace Cup?
Her depression would worsen.
What if May caught that Raltsfor Max?
She would use it for contests, much to her brother's chagrin.

1. What if Ash got an Eevee and it evolved into an Espeon his Johto journey? (btw, seriously, when is Ash ever going to get a psychic type on his team?)
  2. What if Haunter returned to Ash during the Battle Frontier arc upon returning to Saffron City, and Ash caught it finally?
  3. What if Ash, Brock, and Misty had a "Freaky Friday Flip"?
  4. Here's one I thought up a while ago. What if sometime after releasing Butterfree, Ash caught a Pinsir?

On the production side, what if Takeshi Shudo got full creative control and ended the series with the big Pokemon revolt? Would we have seen follow up series with different protagonists?

I feel like the anime would be worst overall.
I think at the very least it would have been even more memorable. A lot of his ideas still made it into the Indigo League that's the season every seems to find the most intriguing because it didn't feel quite as kid-friendly as it is now.

I think at the very least it would have been even more memorable. A lot of his ideas still made it into the Indigo League that's the season every seems to find the most intriguing because it didn't feel quite as kid-friendly as it is now.
It felt like it was overly dark and edgy.

It felt like it was overly dark and edgy.
Yeah but look how many fans dropped off once the show became more kid friendly with the following seasons. It's because it became less interesting. The show wasn't growing with them. That's why I liked XY&Z so much because it felt like the show matured with some of its fans. Not necessarily because it was darker or edgier, it just seemed to respect it's audience more with how it dealt with it's characters and the situations they were in. Though admittedly I did enjoy some of the darker moments toward the end. I think Shudo had faith that kids would think about the more mature themes in the show and be fascinated by them rather than disturbed and he was right.

Yeah but look how many fans dropped off once the show became more kid friendly with the following seasons. It's because it became less interesting. The show wasn't growing with them. That's why I liked XY&Z so much because it felt like the show matured with some of its fans. Not necessarily because it was darker or edgier, it just seemed to respect it's audience more with how it dealt with it's characters and the situations they were in. Though admittedly I did enjoy some of the darker moments toward the end. I think Shudo had faith that kids would think about the more mature themes in the show and be fascinated by them rather than disturbed and he was right.
I know but I feel like it has a chance of go too far.

I know but I feel like it has a chance of go too far.
I don't think they ever went too far. The closest they ever came was the ending to the first movie but in the end the most memorable scene was Ash dying, even though they had to paint him to look like stone because they weren't allowed to show his corpse.

What if Ash and Alain had to fist fight because Greninja and Charizard both fell at the same time?
Ash would fall with Greninja, because of their bond.
What if Pikachu became stronger after using 10,000,000 Volts?
He did not get stronger?
What if Ash started in a different region how would he change?
Johto: He would be same.
Hoenn: He would be same.
Sinnoh: He would be same.
Unova: He would be same.
Kalos: He would be same.
Alola: He would be like Sophocles.

Johto: He would be same.
Hoenn: He would be same.
Sinnoh: He would be same.
Unova: He would be same.
Kalos: He would be same.
Alola: He would be like Sophocles.

Actually he’d never get Pikachu because not every Professor would have an extra Pikachu lying around (and they cannot be found in Unova, too).
So he’d probably have one of the usual starter Pokemon.

Actually he’d never get Pikachu because not every Professor would have an extra Pikachu lying around (and they cannot be found in Unova, too).
So he’d probably have one of the usual starter Pokemon.
Of course, his whole pokemon party would be complately different, but that's already obvious, isn't it?

If Pikachu was his trademark, I assume that he would somehow get one. Nevertheless, as the Pokemon anime is a marketing tool, if he started at any region, the writers would give him a starter Pokémon that stays with him for every region so therefore even though it would be a different Pokémon, it would have the same dynamic. Also, the writers would pick a Pokémon with the same personality as Pikachu because it would suit Ash.

I'll just repost my previous ones. Hope no one minds.

1. What if Ash got an Eevee and it evolved into an Espeon during his Johto journey? (btw, seriously, when is Ash ever going to get a psychic type on his team?)
  2. What if Haunter returned to Ash during the Battle Frontier arc upon returning to Saffron City, and Ash caught it finally?
  3. What if Ash, Brock, and Misty had a "Freaky Friday Flip"?
  4. Here's one I thought up a while ago. What if sometime after releasing Butterfree, Ash caught a Pinsir?

Last edited:
What if Ash got an Eevee and it evolved into an Espeon his Johto journey? (btw, seriously, when is Ash ever going to get a psychic type on his team?)
I'm genuinely amazed Ash has never had a Psychic-type. I think him getting an Espeon during Johto would've made the most sense when taking popularity into account, but I'm sure there could've been a lot of potential candidates.

What if Haunter returned to Ash during the Battle Frontier arc upon returning to Saffron City, and Ash caught it finally?
I'd like to see Haunter on his team. Plus, we would've seen Sabrina again, so that would've been nice.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom